Author Topic: Holiday Balance.  (Read 14043 times)

Offline martin-w

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
Re: Holiday Balance.
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 04:24:12 AM »
I agree Lynn and Eileen,
I always travel and book independently so the locals gain and don't get ripped off by the so called 'tour operators'. This year is no different. I am now on pension but determined not to be held back by the exchange rate or the 'cost of living'. I enjoy my visits to Arillas and consider my expenditure a luxury I can afford because of what it means to me. Total relaxation in the company of real friends in a beautiful place.  I am now looking at booking an extra trip in September to take in the wine festival. For once Thomsonfly have given me some hope that the September fare may be 'on offer' next week! Hope they can beat the £349 fare for May! Up £100 from last May.
Yammas,
Martin. 

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 12:32:22 PM »
paid my balance on friday, roll on 22nd june! have got some euros left over from a trip last year, but am saving up will get some more just before we travel, we have to watch the pennies, but i dont want to be scrimping on holiday! (i'll just send martin out to work more!!!)
ger x

Offline isobel

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 05:48:57 PM »
ive just priced mirage for 2weeks in may for friends and its costing less than 800pounds for 2 people we payed 300 more the same time last year thats with thomas cook so a good offer in these hard times

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 09:52:01 PM »
Times are hard everywhere. I and Mandy, I know are working rediculously hard. Stupid hours, stupid stress, living a compromise.

I just cant see that two weeks a year just as a luxury anymore. Its essential. There are many things I would rather go without.

Our holiday is quality time with our 3 kids, recharge time for I and Mandy as a couple and maybe just a glimpse of what life might be like together when the kids have flown the nest. Important bonding time.

Nobody knows whats to come, how tough it may yet get. It may get worse yet for sure but I know I will face it better with rest, a tan and some fun in the tank.

If I can just get the sun into my bones I might withstand another English winter

Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 11:27:23 PM »
Isobel , we're thinking about booking an apartment at The Mirage in August.
A couple of week's ago it was £420 each for 2 week's and it's creeping up and it's now £470 each.
Might have to blow the cobweb's off my card !
Hope I don't burn !

Booking.com