Author Topic: live web cam  (Read 22335 times)

Offline kevin.g

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
live web cam
« on: April 05, 2009, 03:13:16 PM »
sunday 1pm ..just had a peek ,and the beech road looks busy,,nice to see!...yammas

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: live web cam
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 05:07:49 PM »
Just had a look myself and indeed it looks busy :)
Life is good ;)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 05:10:31 PM »
no erja, it looks absolutely wonderful! Wish I was busy walking on the seafront...

take care luvver

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 07:53:15 PM »
yes phil ..always love sat & sun in arillas.when the locals use the beach to+looking at it makes you want to get there quicker...yammas

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 08:13:19 PM »
Couldn't agree more kevin mate. The whole of Corfu can't be wrong in believing what we already know - Arillas is the best. In the summer they come from all over the island for Saturday and/or Sunday. Have chattered to many in my time (sadly not in Greek though.)

Saturday and Sunday is hard work in the summer for many of our locals. One Saturday Spiros said to me how much they complain and expect so much, which all of us tourists never do. But then he said "but you're not tourists, you're family." Put me in my place...

Phil

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 07:48:31 PM »
phil what a lovely centiment from spiros....but is that not the reason why we return,year after year.and for the beauty of it all............. yammas.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 09:31:11 AM »
Looking at the webcam, the sea level still seems very high. It looks as though the water is coming right up to the trees just off the road.....
Sandy x

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 12:26:26 PM »
I am getting seriously worried about the lack of beach.  That is the one of main reasons I love Arillas so much, that beach.  Will be devastated if there isnt any come July! Just Typical that all my friends and family are coming this time after we have waxed lyrical in the past about our favourite place!

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 01:02:20 PM »
I feel the same about the beach, Jo, but surely it has to improve soon!!
I am trying to stay optimistic that it's going to be better in June, and if not I shall be trying your rain dance (!) so by July it just has to be back to normal!!
It's a shame for Viv and Pete's blessing though - how are your arrangements coming on?
lynn xx

Offline 4x4

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 06:02:59 PM »
I will be devastated if the north beach is not available early June.
Last year we drove to Arillas every day from  Palaiokastritsa just for the beech. 
( Does that make me a frequent visitor ? ). 
Within days of  returning home we booked two weeks in Arillas.
We did like Arillas very much but  I don’t want to have to drive to another beach every day ! Dhooooo. ))

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 09:54:39 AM »
not a lot of beach  left here at the moment,water is not to bad though its quite warm.Had 2 rock falls from the clifts in the 2 weeks of our hols,first was quite big and nearly hit a couple who were sunbthing in the area,sally and i were walking along and heard the bang and saw a big cloud of dust rise up.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 09:55:26 AM »
smallish patch of sand at the north end gets full
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline 4x4

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2009, 11:16:43 AM »
Well a lot can happen in two weeks. Perhaps I will just have to sit on my balcony reading, drinking the local brew and hopefully looking out to sea.

Can you look out to sea from the Tria Adelphia ?

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2009, 11:23:40 AM »
HI 4 x 4, you are about a 10-15 min walk from the beach at the tria, so you dont get a sea view, you can see it in the distance.  It doesnt detract from the Tria though, you will love it there, Philip and Helen are the perfect hosts and the rooms and pool area are very clean and well kept, the food is delicious, highly recommend the sunday lamb! 

Sharon

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2009, 01:35:46 PM »
I am getting seriously worried about the lack of beach.  That is the one of main reasons I love Arillas so much, that beach.  Will be devastated if there isnt any come July! Just Typical that all my friends and family are coming this time after we have waxed lyrical in the past about our favourite place!
In order to avoid misunderstanding I'm posting this pictures that I took today
If you refer to one of my previous posts here.
You will understand that the water is not higher but actually is at the same level as before ( if not lower).
 If it would have  been higher, then we would not be able to see the peer , it would all be under water.
the luck of sand is something that happens during the winter seasons, not at this time of the year. This is the only unusual situation.
 I also have to climb up on the roof oh the Horizon's to clean the lens of our web cam.

Its a Public Holiday today,! we are celebrating the reunion of the Ionian Islands  to the mainland as well as Kosta's and Eleni's Name days,

dimitris

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Booking.com