Author Topic: Coach tramsfer time with Manos.  (Read 21224 times)

Offline John Crichton

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Coach tramsfer time with Manos.
« on: April 12, 2009, 03:45:49 PM »
Hi again peeps, anyone had any experience with Manos Coach transfer times please?

Giff
I got Soul but I'm not a Soldier....

Offline tonynglenda

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Coach tramsfer time with Manos.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 04:55:01 PM »
Hi John. Transfer can be about 1and a half to 2 hours. It depends many people are for sidari. Last year we went up and down sidari main street about 6 times! A girl in mcdonalds finished her meal while we kept driving past! But on the plus side we got to see sidari and knew it wasn't for us.

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 07:00:24 PM »
ive heard stories of anything up to  4hrs,for transfers,,,we always get a taxi,on average 40-45e,plus you get there 1st and get pick of apts where you are staying...your choice................yammas

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 07:00:39 PM »
Can't be sure. They are part of Thomas Cook now. A good chance it will be the wrong way mate. Up the coast past Roda, Acharavi and Sidari. One and a half to two hours. Thought it had been banned... we only ever did it once! The correct route is over to Paleokastritsa and into Arillas from the other end. Only takes 45 minutes. Thomsons go that way.

We always book direct and get a taxi - 50 euros though. Thats 20 pints of Mythos.... maybe another hour on the coach is worth waiting for...

enjoy Arillas - it is an expert at ticking boxes...
lol
Phil

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 10:47:36 PM »
Just grab a cab or hire a car , you get there in about 1 hour in a cab and if you hire a car you can see some other great places around the island .

Yammas

dave n Anne

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 10:58:03 PM »
We have had good transfer times with Manos (previously) and TC.
On each occasion direct to Arillas only about 50 minutes

Olympic on the other hand, you would do better Walking it

Just depends on the route

Offline Oregano

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
    • Chris Ormston
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 11:00:20 PM »
Two years ago with Libra it took 2 hours, and they don't even bother putting a patronising rep on the coach these days, but play a 'Welcome' CD instead! Whatever next? They'll be trying to sell Virtual Greek Nights and Skype tours of the island :-)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 11:45:58 PM »
ha ha oregano. That's how we felt our first time. Must admit though, I could ignore the patonising CD - but the patronising rep who knows diddly squat about where you're going, could have reduced me to violence. And if you'd ever met me, I just don't do violence. Have another drink.......

Phil

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 02:50:36 PM »
Personally, we`ve had pretty good transfers with Manos- this year maybe Thomson can do it quicker. 

Paul D

Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline ronmonkey

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • andy and the boy, @the atki may2009
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 05:00:32 PM »
only done the coach transfer once, took longer than the flight (i'm not exaggerating)

we do taxi now, worth every single euro even with the dodgy exchange rate

Offline garythebike

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 09:41:46 PM »
Booked with T.C last year and on the advice of others booked a taxi to collect us at early a.m from the airport. We arrived in Arillas at about 6.30 a.m and wandered around like idiots for half an hour untill Nik at the Mirage took pity on us and cooked us breakfast just in time to see the coach pull up ! We saved about half an hour and it cost us 50 quid but i would still agree with "others", i've heard too many bad storys to take the chance.

Offline keith(geezer)

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 10:15:09 PM »
last year thomson 2 hour but it was the first time for the driver as it was the first week of the season this year will ? be better lol. last 2 week in may this year so shud no his way lol

Offline John Crichton

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 03:07:50 AM »
Wow, wow and WOW!!

So many seemingly conflicting experiences!

It appears that things are dependant on how many customers are coming into the Island and to what resorts.

I guess it's a little pot luck really but the Manos charge for resort transfer seems to be a bit cheaper than a Taxi (and anyway, it's been booked so never gonna be able to get that refunded if you know what I mean!).

So, Many thanks to everybody who took the time to respond to my question, if you are there in Arillas when I'm there I'll try to treat you to a Beer/Ouzo for your troubles!

But I do remember when I was in Corfu last time, Summer 1992 and the transfer to St George (South), as memory Serves me, was somewhat long but it's at night so I guess I can snooze!!

Giff

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 03:11:54 AM »
John....I've been coming to Corfu with Manos since 1993, sometimes several times a year. I would be surprised if you were ever longer than 1.5 hours, and if there are no drop offs in Sidari....just under the hour. In my day, the transfer was always included in the package though.....good luck! We'll save you a mythos for when you get there.....
Sandy x

Offline John Crichton

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 01:58:21 PM »
Sandy, many thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure what a Mythos is but I'm game!

Giff

Booking.com