Author Topic: help needed with recipes for greek themed party  (Read 1860 times)

Offline valerie

help needed with recipes for greek themed party
« on: April 19, 2009, 01:01:26 AM »
i hope no one thinks im rude for putting on this post as its not really about arillas.
i would like some ideas from anyone that is a lover of food and cooking greek food.
my family are organising a greek themed birthday party for me 3 days before i arrive in arillas.the whole family are ecxited about the party and now im startng to think how is this going to be pulled off as im doing the cooking and would love a few recipes.i have a good recipe for meatballs and various dips also various fillings for pies made from filo pastry i wont be able to cook where the party is held so it has to be a cold buffet.i have a good idea about sweet food and have some good ideas for cakes using wallnuts pineapple and coconut and  recipes for making sweets with sesame seeds and honey  chocolate and almonds.any recipes would be appreciated.
many thanks valerie.

Offline Shrimp

Re: help needed with recipes for greek themed party
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 09:55:07 AM »
Hi Valerie,
Checkout www.in2greece.com and click on the link for food, there are lots of ideas there. Dimitris has a page on this site about eating Greek style - you may have seen it, but it gives some good ideas about how food is served as part of a social occasion, hence the 'mezze', when a selection of dishes are placed on the table for sharing.
My daughter loves serving up Greek dishes back in England, but finds that not many folk share her's and the Greek's passion for such liberal quantities of garlic, which is essential for dishes such as tzatziki. Oregano is crucial too, again, in much more generous amounts than we Brits tend to add!
Good luck!

Offline valerie

Re: help needed with recipes for greek themed party
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 06:35:38 PM »
thanks shrimp i will have a look at dimitris ideas and the web site.ile let you know how i get on.     valerie

Booking.com