Author Topic: Greek nights/dancing  (Read 17298 times)

Anonymous

Greek nights/dancing
« on: April 06, 2004, 09:07:58 PM »
Hi,im sure theres somebody out there who can help me. :roll: we stayed in arillas last year but didnt go very far at night(we stayed at Nikos apartments)so we missed out on the Greek nights. :cry: do they have them in arillas and if they do where? :?: we're staying at Arillas bay apartments this year so we'll be in the thick of it and hopefully wont miss a thing. :D hope you can help. :D cx

Offline carol

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
dancing
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 09:09:38 PM »
sorry it was me.cx :D
Im going to become to nanna for the first time in February cx

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re-Greek night
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 10:46:13 PM »
Hi Carol,
Yes, there are a Greek nights in a few different venues, we have caught the end of one in Whispers which was a very professional and fun show.

The best by far was in The Marina Hotel, we went along and enjoyed our meal anticipating the show to come.   The dancers came on, their faces familiar, then it dawned on us it was the staff from the Hotel themselves!  This made it funny as well, as there was a lot of banter (and whistling) going on.

We noticed signs for Greek nights outside other tavernas as well, so I'm sure you will not have to look or walk far.

Have fun,

Eileen

Offline carol

• Arillas Addict
dancing
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 06:40:02 PM »
Hi Eileen,If you get a private message its off me,im sorry ive done it wrong again!!!!!!!it must be my age!!!!!!! :oops: thanks for your quick reply.We're really looking forward to our holiday this year its gonna be so different. :D Last year we only got into the village about 3 times,(at night)we only saw 1 sunset!! :cry:thats because of our lazy daughter Emma.she didnt want to do the walk. So this year we want to see as much as possible.We just cant wait!!! 8) thanks again,cx 8)  8)

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Greek nights/dancing
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2004, 01:03:42 AM »
Hello Carol,
                 Eileen is quite correct,quite a few of the tavernas do have greek nights (they seem to take it in turns).One of the best evenings we had though was in the bar at the cross road(by the phone)they had a live group playing one night they were very good.the lead singer looked like Jeff Goldbium
Harold
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline carol

• Arillas Addict
dancing
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2004, 06:22:35 PM »
:D thanks for your help harold.lets hope that lead singer is still working in arillas.cx 8)

Offline Sue-C

Greek nights/dancing
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2004, 08:04:12 PM »
Hi Carol - if that lead singer is still working there - hands off he's mine (Jeff Goldblum lookalike - very nice!!) Sue-C x

Offline carol

• Arillas Addict
Greek nights/dancing
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2004, 11:13:51 PM »
:D Well Eileen you where right.What a show :wink: If only i was 20 years younger :? On the friday night we went to the Marina Hotel for our evening meal and were told that on the saturday there would be Greek Dancing, so we booked our table and went along.There were two young men one 21 and the other 16 and there was a young girl.They were brilliant especially the 21 year old :D .He was fantastic.At first they danced in the black and white clothes they were wearing.Then they changed into traditional costume,then the older of the boys did fire dancing which was briliant and to finish off he did Zorba the Greek barefoot with a hat on and it lasted just over one hour and was 1 of the high lights of our holiday. :D  Just make sure you book your table at the Marina Hotel on a saturday night.It was a show NOT to be missed.  Carol and family staying at Sea Breeze  :P  8)

Offline sandy

Greek nights/dancing
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2004, 11:15:51 AM »
Yasoo  :D
We stayed at Arillas Bay apartments, with my sister and family (Carol) and my mum and dad and had a great time. The people in Arillas are lovely, the food is excellent and the village is so relaxed, you feel very comfortable there. The Greek Dancing at Marina's was fantastic. They really know how to put on a show there which you will remember! We tried quite a number of tavernas, all were good in my opinion, but we would recommend, Kostas on the Beach (a bit of a wait, but that's due to its popularity and its nice to sit opposite the sea in a nice atmosphere anyway!), Armourada - friendly people and good food - they made a nice fuss when we celebrated my fiance's birthday there!, Arillas Inn (very nice food and wine) Pontafina (sorry dont know if I have spelled it right!), the Sea Breaze with its lovely setting (say hello to Nikos 1 and 2, if anyone is going there soon!) Marinas (with the Greek dancers thrown in) and Brouklis (of course!) the prawns are excellent there!...one thing I definitely miss is our evening meals!
The sea is warm and shallow (and if you have a windy day, try to go in the sea as the waves become quite high and will pick up which is great fun!)!  :P
Claire & Mal  8)

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
Re: Greek nights/dancing
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 06:35:25 PM »
For the uninitiated, for an excellent night of Corfiot traditional music and dancing, try the Marina hotels fabulous Greek night on Saturday evenings! Remember to book a table so you can have a good spot to watch the divine Telis do his high-kicks!

Offline Steve & Carole

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 07:00:43 PM »
Marina..every time!

Offline himishere

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 09:26:55 PM »
Always a good night at the Rainbow, BBQ and greek dancing, even ended up dressed up as a God last time, I was after all, partaking of the Mythos, wine and Metaxa****.
Great fun.

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2012, 09:44:09 PM »
himishere
love gianni ,,at rainbow,spiros,s old man getting all the food preped on the barbie,for the greek nights ,,,,,,,,x,,yammas

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 02:04:43 PM »
We had a private party in the Marina the other week apart from about 40 students lol. and we all ended up dancing in the street and setting off Chinese lanterns from the jetty.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 03:14:22 PM »
/Users/viv/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2013/05/28/20130528-114025/DSC00908.JPG
/Users/viv/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2013/05/28/20130528-114025/DSC00911.JPG
/Users/viv/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2013/05/28/20130528-114025/DSC00912.JPG

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com