Author Topic: Dionysos Taverna Afionas  (Read 15543 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Dionysos Taverna Afionas
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2009, 12:52:25 PM »
Ha Ha Jo luvver.

When they brought our meal, we assumed the first plate was for all four of us. But then they brought us one each.... That's one reason we stayed all day - it took that long to eat it!

Just enjoy luvver. Take some pics and post on here to make us all drool....

Phil

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2009, 03:29:02 PM »
jo ..im drooling ..it sounds wonderful..i done the same in the rainbow on my blessing ..all platters and titbits ,so enjoy ....yammas

Offline iluvsangeorge

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • About Agios Georgios
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2009, 05:34:09 PM »
Hi everyone

Just to make you all green with envy we have just spent an hour at Dionysos restaurant soaking up the view over a cool frappe or 2. glorious sunny weather every day since we arrived on Monday ..blue skies calm sea ...now about 32C.

Some couples staying at Theo's Hotel in Agios Georgios with us cannot walk very well up steep hills so as we have a car we offer to drop them off at Afionas... any excuse to get up to Afionas again.. so far have been there 4 times in 5 days !!!  Only 5 minutes drive so they don't miss one of the best places in Corfu but why do I take photos every time!

Today we took a local lady who never goes anywhere and found that every few yards we met her cousin ..and cousin and cousin with big hugs a
and kisses.  When we eventually reached Dionysos there was yet another cousin who cleans there !

Fo any regular Agios Georgios visitors who remember George from the Moonlight Restaurant he is now working at Dionysos.

Regards

Dennis (from Internet cafe)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2009, 05:53:03 PM »
You're right Dennis. I am indeed green with envy. How on earth are Jen and me going to fit it all in to our two short weeks in July??????????

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2009, 05:55:57 PM »
Hi Dennis,

It sounds like you are having a fabulous time!  Betcha it wouldn't be 4 times in 5 days if you were walking ;-)

It doesn't sound like you have had much time to gather more information for your Nature pages! (for anyone who missed Dennis's link on a previous posting... http://www.agiosgeorgios.co.uk/naturecorner.htm  )

Looking forward to hearing more on your return, sorry we missed you this time.

Eileenxx

Offline iluvsangeorge

• About Agios Georgios
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2009, 01:46:04 AM »
It doesn't sound like you have had much time to gather more information for your Nature pages!
Eileen

A visit to Afionas goes down very well in ALL respects. My wife aquired a little digital pocket camera a few months ago and now is snapping away right-left-and centre. She is also turning out to be a good spotter of wildlife and flowers.

It was she who spotted a beautiful large butterfly at Afionas in a small tree near the seats on the headland and we took several photos from a distance  ...just in hope.

This is the result of one of them:

For the full photo of this beautiful butterfly go to:
http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt319/Telf/Agios%20Georgios%20Wildlife/pasha800.jpg

She also spotted a remarkable Humming-bird Moth at Agios Georgios, more later.

Dennis

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2009, 02:09:41 AM »
What a beautiful photo Dennis.  Not only becoming a good spotter of wildlife and flowers you wife is becoming a super snapper of photos.

Did you take the amazing photo of the  'swallowtail butterfly sipping nectar' on your nature page?

Looking forward to seeing more...keep posting.

Eileenx

P.S..what make of pocket digi did your wife buy?

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2009, 02:11:51 AM »
Agreed Eileen - it is a stunning shot Dennis. Keep em coming...

Offline iluvsangeorge

• About Agios Georgios
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2009, 10:44:30 AM »
Eileen

Yes I took the Swallowtail photo at Afionas a couple of years ago. It was on some lantana flowers in the garden behind the new apartments at Dionysos Restaurant.  The garden has now disappeared under a car park !

When you referred to'sipping nectar' I wonder if you meant the Comma photo:
http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt319/Telf/Agios%20Georgios%20Wildlife/comma_large2.jpg

The camera is a Panasonic Lumix DMC FS5. It has far more features than Pat will ever use or even find but the 'auto' setting produces some really great photos, both views and also closer up. The video mode is also very good. Previously she only took family photos etc using 'disposable cameras' but this has changed her attitude completely. She is seeing things she never saw before, and in her own words enjoying her walks much more.

Dennis

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2009, 12:19:32 PM »
Dennis,

Like Pat my camera has many functions, but I mostly tend to stick to the automatic setting too.  My daughter is not too happy with her little Canon so is looking to buy a new camera, it has to be small and easy to use so I'll pass on the details of Pat's camera. 

No I meant the Swallowtail, the description next to it says 'sipping nectar'.

Your super photos encourage me to look closer at nature in Corfu.  Thank you.

Eileen.

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2009, 05:46:36 PM »
oh i cant wait, we were going to walk upto afionas last year, but too lazy basically!! so we hired a moped, had a mooch around and ended up at the porto timoni restaurant, it was worth hiring the bike just to go there!! sat there for a couple of hours, martin had a massive breakfast, and youre right the orange juice was wonderful!
our friends are in arillas at the moment and we join them next monday, we will have to take them up there with us next week.
ger x

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2009, 08:35:05 PM »
Hows that for  Starters...!!!!

Offline MandS

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2009, 12:47:06 AM »
yes, loved the mezes platter and fresh orange juice at Porto Timoni; early in the season we were lucky to have the place to ourselves; have they finished building the pergola there yet?
Superb mousaaka too...and great hospitality
we are coming back to Arillas for a holiday on 20th May 2011! Yippee!!!

Booking.com