Author Topic: mosquitos  (Read 46405 times)

Offline justlynn

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: mosquitos
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2009, 02:45:54 AM »
Ooh, hate wasps.......

lynn xx

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2009, 12:37:20 PM »
Me too Lynn, I hate wasps the little buggars dive bomb me both here and in Arillas - I've now come to accept every summer I'll get stung at least twice but they only itch for a little while then dissapear

Take Care

Mry

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2009, 12:53:02 PM »
Jen too. She must smell so sweet to them - the wasps just come and hassle her at every opportunity. In Kaloudis there was a notice "Please don't squash the wasps on the windows" but Jen was given a fly-swatter, and permission to break the rules. Many flattened wasps followed...

In Graziella they use some sort of smoke bombs to keep them at bay.

riggers mate, they won't keep you away any more than they would me. You will enjoy October whatever it brings. Have at least one for me...
Phil

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2009, 12:59:11 PM »
Ah yes Phil can you remember when we all sat and had a drink in the Rainbow and  me and your Jen were doing the wasp dance, because they were just making a bee line for the two of us. One time when having breakfast at Grazella there was a great big swarm of them and Thomas and his Dad surrounde me with these smoke bombs, and they all just flew away as quickly as they came. I was told in May, by a lady it is Greek coffee granuals they light.

Take Care

Mary

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2009, 01:04:08 PM »
Lovely memories Mary. Strange isn't it. Mullered by mozzies, harassed by wasps but we just keep going back for more.... The Arillas Masochists or what?? Hope life is good for you. Apart from my Arillas Blues us two are justfine.

love and hugs
Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2009, 05:40:15 PM »
best thing i have found for mozzies is a cirtus stick

Wot do you do Craig? - Just hit them on the head with it or is it something technical I can't deal with.

Now, waspies . I've said before and will say again that the Greek wasp is very laid back.
It will sting you if, when it appears the "victim" does a ceremonial war dance or attempts to create his/her variation of "break dancing"
That will startle them and would even frighten me! (Unless I knew the music you were dancing to)

But, and it works for us, a very nochalent flick of the hand or blow at it and off it goes for new pastures <<<< Serious bit this folks!

Anyway, follow this simple procedure:-
3 nonchalent flicks and then swat the bugger if he still comes back.
( You can even get a stubborn Greek wasp - donchyerknow? )

Mozzies have been known to queue up during the day and select the victim on a shiftwork basis. Don't be fooled into thinking the repelant is for evenings only.
Splash it on, if you're walking through the undergrowth or having a lunchtime meal.

Wegg and me get a few bites, during the day when we're sorting the garden out.

Take no prisoners and if buzzed, even by a curious one, then remove him from the equation. ( His/her fault for being curious - Curiosity killed cat n all that )

Now, Riggers! - He will be bitten 10 times for every game of darts that he wins when playing yours truly. I have trained a select group of SAS mozzies who follow my orders to the letter. This is why I very rarely lose games now. The odd few players that beat me never get replays as they are laid up in a hospital bed somewhere with more bumps than you can see on the moon,

Hope this helps
Happy Darting Riggers
Negg

riggers

« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2009, 05:47:26 PM »
Laughing here Negg. I shouldn't get a single bite then..

riggers...

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2009, 06:07:48 PM »
Neill, you just had Phil and Jen laughing their underwear off. Except we don't do underwear... How many ouzos did that take? So glad you got home in one piece. You won't with our riggers in October though. Just get a taxi.

riggers mate you are the only one who ever got me legless in Arillas. Jen agrees. This July I upset Tania at the doctors, but stayed upright the whole time. "Does he ever stop talking?" said he, but the doctor shared a high five with me the next day in Brouklis. He was just making sure his bill would get paid. I quite fancied Tania though, I love a stern confident woman... and she did give me such a lovely smile.

Ah Arillas. Leave me alone. Stop feeding my obsession. Well tough dears, I am out of the closet. I adore everything Arillas throws at me. And I am not alone....

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2009, 10:21:52 PM »
Lol Phil, my kids know the stern glance. Thing is, they`re bigger than me now though. Only in stature!
Lindypops.

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #114 on: August 09, 2009, 11:50:47 PM »
Yes Phil that's the Arillas magic for us wasps, mozzies they won't keep us addicts away and Neil love your sense of humour -by the way today I got stung by a  damned English wasp! My 1st one this year

Love Mary :)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2009, 12:47:12 AM »
Mary luvver, we chased lots of wasps away today in pub garden but thank heaven we didn't get stung even though quite a few landed on me.

Thought of you too. We all just so should be having a "quiet" drink in the Nut. 5.30am, another Black Russian, breakfast provided by Hannah. Remember? Well I do. Will never forget.

much love
Phil

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2009, 09:33:44 AM »
I remember that night , well morning I thought it was brilliant being there till 5.30 it was the 1st night I met you and Jen.  I would have loved to have stayed longer, but  then I would have been asleep all day. But that is one of my happy Arillas memories

Take Care

Mary XX :)

Booking.com