Author Topic: End September  (Read 5659 times)

Offline kriopigi girl

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
End September
« on: May 19, 2009, 12:12:50 AM »
We are looking into booking September would love to be there for wine festival. However our ward is being transfered to a new unit and therefore I am unable to get holiday around that time.

I was just wondering what the weather is like at the end of September ??

Pauline x

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: End September
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 12:22:06 AM »
How long's a piece of string? It can start to get wet around that time....but on the other hand, it could be great!!! I was there last year from about 7 to 14 October and it was lovely.....no rain at all and pleasantly warm. At other times I have been in October and it has poured. Go with an open mind....you will have a good time come what may, but you may not have a week of guaranteed wall-to-wall sunshine. I say ....go for it!
Sandy x

Offline Paul & Denise

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 02:33:04 AM »
Have gone for the last 10 years at the end of September start October. As Sandy says weather can be all over the place, usually get to see some great electric storms but last year was by far the best, lots of sun. Just being there is great- the weather is a bonus.
Cheers
Paul

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 09:06:25 AM »
We have booked for 21st sep for the first time.Usually go in Aug and fancied a quieter week.So looking forward to it.Who else will be there then?

Offline kriopigi girl

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 11:26:29 PM »
Thanks Sandy. Oh I am going to go for it just need to sort out dates with my boss.

Might see you there Lisa.

Yes Paul just being there is so good.

Pauline x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 12:12:46 AM »
We were home all of last September. The first 2 and a half weeks were seriously summery - hot, sunny, and really great. We then had some seriously spectacular thunderstorms, with rain so heavy we got trapped in the Coconut (who said we're complaining???) and had to help Spiros in Thalassa get his wind breaks down. (We got stuck there too - luck of the Irish I say... such a laugh and a great time.) It all settled down, but was not so hot-hot-hot after that.

BTW - the wine festival is usually in the earlier half, but apparently depends on the ripening of the grapes. Dimitris posted about that in another thread.

We felt sorry for those who were only there for one week in the middle of the storms, but they never last too long, and can be so exciting. They aren't a guaranteed feature. As Sandy says, how long is a piece of string???

I would go for it too.
Phil

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 12:27:40 PM »
HI Pauline,

We went last year at end of September and the weather was great, just a day when it rained for about an hour!  Billy's brother went in the first week of october and it was lovely every day. 

Sharon x

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 02:51:49 PM »
i am trying to persuade martin he wants to go to arillas again in september so we can introduce our son daughter in law and our new grandson to arillas!! so i need it to be good weather ha ha!
ger x

Booking.com