Author Topic: kaloudis village  (Read 32930 times)

Offline jo-jo

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
kaloudis village
« on: May 23, 2009, 05:08:01 PM »
Am going to Kouloudis Village Apt in July. Any info from anyone? Look nice,have never been before. Should I request a certain area? Quite like sea views but not sure studios have sea views. Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!! First time ever sent anything on net! Love the weather cam!!!  Cheers! Joanna (jo-jo)

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
Re: kaloudis village
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 05:12:16 PM »
Hi jo-jo - we've just come back from two weeks at Kaloudis! You'll love it there - the whole place is absolutely spotless and Billy and his family work very hard. We had a studio with twin beds at the back of the complex so couldn't exactly see the sea BUT it's such a short walk down the drive it doesn't matter. First impression of the sea when walking down the driveway is "paradise".
Still trying to sort out all my holiday washing (groan!) but will post pics as soon as I get chance

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 05:28:15 PM »
Janis I can't believe you're back already!! Feels like you only went yesterday. Was it really 2 weeks?
Sandy x

riggers

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 05:31:22 PM »
Great isn't it Janis. We will be there in 2 weeks and a bit.

riggers.

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 05:34:58 PM »
Hi Sandy and Riggers - yes, we're back (boo, hoo!) I did actually weep a little as the coach left the village and now we're back and I'm on the forum instead of sorting out the holiday clothes....!!
Absolutely fantastic time - will post more later - but just one thing to watch out for - suitcase weight at Corfu airport!  Our two cases were just under 20 kg each coming out, we did not put anything extra in for our return, but actually left things like shampoo, toiletry bottles, etc., and we were charged 22 euros excess baggage!
The same happened to Martin as well!
Take care all!
Janis x

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 05:36:39 PM »
I'm with Sandy there.....I can't believe it's been two weeks!! 

Looking forward to reading all about it.

Eileenxx

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 05:41:03 PM »
Welcome back to Blighty Janis. Clearly Arillas has worked its magic. Thanks for sharing it all with us - it keeps us sane. (Er me? well there's always an exception to prove a rule....)

So looking forward to hearing about your adventures.
All the best
Phil

Offline jo-jo

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 08:58:07 PM »
hi

Thanks everyone, i am so excited! It sounds lovely. I cant wait to see the sea. Any tips i need to know. Do they provise tea towels and cups etc. What are the cooking facilities like as on a budget!! will eat out as well, any recommendations for places to eat. Not  going till july, hope weather not too hot. How much is air con? you have been so helpful. Hope you are returning soon. !!

jo-jo

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 01:15:18 AM »
jo-jo it will be a revelation. Sounds like you're staying at Kaloudis which is in a perfect position right by the sea. But there is so much more than just that.

Cooking your own food is not likely to be worth bothering. Try Stekis or Ammos for low cost good food. But none of the many places to eat are very expensive. And the food is all divine. I cannot possibly describe all the choices to eat in one post. There are hundreds on the forum. Just let me say, I always put on a lot of weight when I go home to Arillas, and as a fussy eater (I only eat good food) I am always spoilt for choice. I just deleted the start of a list of our favourites because it would have been a whole page. Try Brouklis and Grazella though.

It will be hot in July. We arrive on 7th, and expect temperatures in the high 30s or even well into 40s C. I just LOVE it. If you see us about, don't be afraid to come up and say hello. Don't worry if you're not sure it is us - anyone you meet will be happy to chat. That's one of the beauties of our place - it produces feelings of belonging and welcome. And it is not artificial.

Phil

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 01:25:08 AM »
Hi jo-jo - it's great to be able to help someone on the forum! It's usually others who have to help me....
Kaloudis provide fridge and table-top type cooker with two rings, also a new (ish) kettle. In our studio we had dinner plates, tea plates, side plates, soup bowls and cereal bowls for three people (why three, I don't know) also mugs and glasses. Cutlery provided, bread board and knife, corkscrew and bottle opener, etc. Can't think of anything else you would need! Oh - tea towel and hot plate holder there as well. We took a couple of paper/disposable dishcloths. We did not take washing up liquid but didn't eat in much so just rinsed everything.
Aircon at Kaloudis is 5 euros per day which I thought was expensive, but I'm told it's quite cheap compared to a few others.
Take mozzie things - eg plug-in for the room. You can buy room spray and other preparations reasonably cheaply there (or at least slightly less than England)
When we left on Friday they were heading for a heat wave (upwards of 36 degrees) but not sure if it's happened or not.
Eating out - most restaurants/tavernas have "specials" boards - eg Graziella did a three course meal for 9 euros, and I know Kaloudis also has specials. Four of us ate out together every night and usually had at least a starter and a main course and LOTS of house wine and the bill was between 45 and 75 euros depending on where we went and how much we had to eat....!!
Honestly, jo-jo, you will love Arillas. I've tried to post a few photos but had difficulty. If I can manage to post some of Kaloudis I will and let you know where you can find them
Have fun!

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 01:37:54 AM »
Jo-jo - if you look at the menu on the left of this page, click on forum, then go to photo gallery and then more photo's I've managed to put a couple of photos on for you

Offline DaisysMum

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • http://www.crazydaisyjewellery.com/
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 12:00:32 PM »
Hi Jo-Jo.  I agree with what everyone else has already said.  You will have a lovely time in Arillas and you have picked wonderful accommodation in the Kaloudis.  My daughter and I are returning this year on 19th June for one week (wish it was 2, but you can't have everything).  I  (like Janis) had tears in my eyes on the coach on the way home and I've never been like that when returning from a holiday  We also stayed in those lovely appartments that overlook the gardens  in the picture that Janis posted.

Becky

Offline jo-jo

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 10:07:37 PM »
 Janis and everyone! Thanks so much for your information. It looks really fab and I AM very excited. Sounds like we will be eating out! Good to know there is a fridge AND AIR con will be good. I will take mozzy stuff too! mY hubby always gets bitten.

I am a novice to the net and have difficulty getting around this site till more practice, tried to see photos janis but couldnt find them. i went to forum them photos then a blank. Will try again and let you know.

I feel i have made friends before I go!! Hope i bump into some of you. At least the weather is good to dry your washing! I hope you are going again soon Janis. Am looking forward tomeeting Billy and family.

Last year we stayed in Pelekas which had nice views but 3 mile walk to the beach which we did every day there and back, last week in sept so not too hot. Thanks everyone and any more tips appreciated.

Are the roads safe to hire scooter for a day to explore local scenery (not far)?

jo-jo

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009, 10:18:54 AM »
You will have a lovely time.We stayed at the Kaloudis last june and we couldnt fault it.We had breakfast in the studio,only toast though,and only after getting the grill on the right setting cant remember what i did wrong but it took ages to start with.One thing we did do was to put the thicker cover under our bottom sheet as the beds were a bit hard.Enjoy yourselves.

Offline Paul C

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2009, 04:03:08 PM »
jojo

We have hired scooters in Arillas on several occasions and found them to be reliable and safe. That as long as the rider is aware of the road conditions and drives accordinly and always insist on having correct fitting and undamaged helmet, take care and enjoy.

Paul

Booking.com