Author Topic: kaloudis village  (Read 32977 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: kaloudis village
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2009, 06:12:19 PM »
Well done PaulC. But the image of me on a scooter with wobbly legs defies description!

I know you are right. Many others have done it too. Easy to hire but drive according to the conditions.

After a few years of going to Arillas, you spend so much more time chatting and gossiping to everyone, I am seriously worried that two weeks isn't enough for us two...

Phil

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 06:32:14 PM »
... I am seriously worried that two weeks isn't enough for us two...

Phil

I most seriously have to agree with you Mr Phil!

Eileenxxx

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2009, 07:14:54 PM »
Monsieur Phillipe, Phillip, Filipos, Mr Phil, Willy (They're the ones I can publish...)

What have I done to deserve all these titles? Shut up Di, leaving my legs in the Nut doesn't count. Being an Arillas Hippy appeals to me most. Thanks for the monicker Eileen, clearly someone who understands me! 

I remain wondering how we are going to fit you all in with only two weeks at home. So sorry if we miss you - believe me it isn't personal. Send me an email and we can be virtual for another year....

Phil

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2009, 01:02:16 AM »
Isn't the name Philip from the Greek anyway? Something to do with a lover of....
(philisophy - lover of thoughts??) OK, luvver??!!

Offline sunshine

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2009, 08:06:51 PM »
Hi Jo-jo
When in July are you going? They have studios facing the sea and at the top of the village, they are all in good positions. You will have a great holiday the Kaloudis Village it is the best place to stay. Everthing you need is in the apartment for a basic holiday or you can buy in the shop on site. The family are great. Hope you have a good time.
Sunshine

Offline tonynglenda

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2009, 11:23:36 PM »
Hi jo jo, re hiring a scooter. We always hire a quad bike for a few days its great fun. We've travelled miles and had no problems. Its great to go through the small villages, its like time has stood still. We even went up pantocractor (the highest mountain on corfu)on the quad. The views are stunning. We use olgas travel,she'll sort out whatever you want. Enjoy it.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2009, 01:11:36 AM »
lol Janis. Is it greek for "Arillas luvver" or is that now Arilliac....

Take care
phil

Offline bobandjoyce

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • http://www.essential-opportunity.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2009, 10:45:19 PM »
We came back last Friday after two glorious weeks at the Kaloudis - Rula was wonderful, Billy and Billy great fun, everything was so clean and tidy we could not fault the place. 
We had a partial seaview and in the evenings were fascinated by the fire flies in the bushes.
We didn't bother using the cooking facilities as the meals in restaurants were so good, we enjoyed the Portofino, Marina and Thalassa as we watched the sunsets and chuckled at Billy's banter in the Kaloudis restaurant - everywhere we ate, the food was lovely.
They were clearing stones from the beach while we were there and starting to put out the sunbeds as we left - it would have been an added bonus to have had a beach, but it didn't really bother us because simply being in Arillas was the tonic we both craved - and two weeks is not nearly long enough.
Already planning for September/October 2010 when I retire.  What better place to blow the retirement package than Arillas!

p.s. tell everybody it's a horrible place as we need to keep it a secret.....sssshhhh!

Offline jo-jo

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2009, 12:37:03 PM »

Thanks everyone for all your information. Thanks Janis and Sunshine!! We are going 10
July for 2 weeks. It sounds a wonderful place!!

Where do I find some pics!!

Cheers  Jo-jo x

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2009, 02:54:33 PM »
Hi Jo-jo

If you type Kaloudis Village, Arillas, in your search bar at the top of your screen it will give you some options, click on the Thompson one and you can see some piccies there.

Amanda

Offline keith(geezer)

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2009, 01:13:28 AM »
yes janis the sun was out for that week in the 90`s to 95`s my be more so me and ann drank a lot more beer lol got back today so sad to leve will be back in 2010 sept

riggers

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2009, 01:17:53 AM »
Hi Keith and Ann, so pleased it was warm (hot) enough for you. Have you left some ale for me ?? lol  Glad you had a good one mate.....

riggers...

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2009, 08:06:36 PM »
Welcome back, Keith & Ann! Ann's posted some wonderful pics on facebook!
Can't believe we're back - loved every minute of our holiday in wonderful Arillas!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2009, 10:05:35 PM »
Jen and me understand you about Arillas so well Janis.

Watched you get excited, go there, come back here, yearn for more... Well that defines Jen and Phil. And all of us AA's. (That used to mean alcoholics anonymous, but now it is Arillas Addicts. ) Late posting news - Dimitris has christened us ARRILIACS. Proud to be one....

Kaloudis and SplishSplash are just as special as all of our places. We spent the end of season with them last year. Kaloudis turns many friends on, that's good enough for me. Acommodation on par, facilities good, book early.....

Moi? je suis un homme. Les femmes decide....
Phil

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2009, 01:35:40 AM »
Ah, Phil, tu sais parler en Francais, hein?  C'est toujours que les femmes decident.... Not sure if that's good French or not???  I'm trying to say that the men are boss, but the ladies always make the final decision lol!! I can manage with French when I'm in France, a little better than Greek when in Greece.   ALWAYS enjoy ourselves anyway! Yammas!!

Booking.com