Author Topic: kaloudis village  (Read 32969 times)

riggers

Re: kaloudis village
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2009, 01:41:19 AM »
Yassou Janis, life is for enjoying and we all do in ARILLAS.

Yammas

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2009, 12:43:09 AM »
Yassou, Riggers, yes, life IS for living, but I can't believe how I've managed to slip back into the normal hectic everyday life back here in England! I LOVE the way of life (and the people and visitors!) in Arillas but cannot seem to emulate it here....
MUST try and go back to Arillas again soon..

Offline jo-jo

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2009, 08:27:32 PM »
hi everyone

Thanks so much, loved hearing your comments. Another question Janis! or anyone! How long is the transfer from airport to Arillas. We are with Tompson landing 20.30 ish from leeds bradford flight. Does anyone know if that friday eve flight then takes you round the houses to get to Arillas, Sidari first? Is it worth the 55 Euros to get taxi? I dont mind a scenic tour but not hours!!

Any suggestions or opinions please. I had so hoped for a sea view as we spend a lot of time looking out! do any of the studios have see view Janis?

Thanks again Janis

jo-jo

Offline kevin.g

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2009, 09:19:16 PM »
hi jojo
coach can be between 1-2hrs,,we always get the taxi ,the driver is waiting for you with a nameboard in arrivals then 40 mins later your in arillas.yuor choice...yammas

riggers

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2009, 10:35:45 PM »
We haved touched lucky with the transfers, all been direct to Arillas bar one. This went via Sidari, San Stef, and it took about 2 1/2 hours with all the drop offs. It is a gamble you have to make. Last June we decided to try taxi and the coach was only 30 mins behind us when we got to Kaloudis.

riggers..

Offline DaisysMum

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • http://www.crazydaisyjewellery.com/
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2009, 12:24:29 AM »
Hi Jo-Jo
Last year was our first time to Arillas and we only had one drop of prior to us and that was in Corfu town, took us about an hour to get from the airport to the Kaloudis. Hopefully will be the same this year.  Can't wait!

riggers

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2009, 12:28:01 AM »
Yes sorry forgot to mention about an hour all other transfers....

Offline jo-jo

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2009, 10:51:59 AM »
Thanks everyone!   

Will prob risk transfer with Thomson

jo-jo

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2009, 11:16:17 AM »
Hi Jo-jo

we have always done the transfer with Thomson, longest it took was 2 hours but quickest is one hour.  Never really been a problem as the scenery is fantastic.
Amanda

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2009, 12:20:38 PM »
That's the way we looked at it, Amanda, when we went package.  The coach transfer only took about an hour and a half, but we just enjoyed the scenery!

Going independant this year .......  ooops sorry, independent!

lynn xx

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2009, 12:55:48 PM »
Hi jo-jo: as per other comments, I think it's a case of luck.  We came in from Leeds Bradford (hiya neighbour!) on Friday 8th, TOM3550, due to land 21.00. We were told at LBA there'd be a 30 min delay but it was only 15mins and we landed just about on time. Unfortunately we did have to do the trip dropping people off in Sidari but it was still OK as we took the opportunity to see and remember a lot of the area.  As we heading down towards Arillas we got very excited.... We arrived at Kaloudis about half eleven/quarter to midnight, but OF COURSE the bar was still open, so we dumped our cases in the room and went to meet Billy, Billy (the kid) and Jimmy.  An hour or so later we went to bed!
Don't worry about a sea view, Kaloudis is SO close to the sea, even if you don't have a sea view you can still see a long way and the gardens are lovely.
Enjoy!

Offline jo-jo

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2009, 04:17:41 PM »
 Hi Janis,

Thanks so much! It isnt long and as long as the bar is open!!

I enjoy flying from leeds, we always get the bus there so fairly hassle free!

Thanks everyone!! Anyone   else there 10 july?!

jo-jo

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2009, 12:22:14 AM »
Well, Jo-Jo - here's a testament to how much we enjoyed Kaloudis - we've booked already for next year! 17th - 31st May. Can't wait !

riggers

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2009, 12:51:01 AM »
Yes us too Janis, i was waiting for thomson to put their holidays on the website for next year for about 2 months. When they come up i booked.........very quickly.

riggers...

Offline Holly

« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2009, 07:07:00 PM »
Re the transfer. We have been to Arillas twice (also flying from LBA) and each time the transfer took about an hour and a half. I would advise that you buy some bottled water in Leeds to have ready to drink on the bus. We got very thirsty on the transfer last time. Also, Fridays are very busy at the airport and you may have a long wait for your luggage - the Thomsons rep told me that they get 17 flights in from the UK that day.

Have a great holiday. We went to Croatia this year and it was fabby, but the food wasn't as good as the food in Arillas.

Booking.com