Author Topic: Sea-Breeze apartments  (Read 14567 times)

Offline JC

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Sea-Breeze apartments
« on: June 01, 2009, 08:06:37 PM »
Has anyone been to the Sea-Breeze apartments (formerly Arrilas Bay Apartments when they were with Manos/Thos Cook) since Yianni went independent ?  Lots of good reviews of the taverna but what about the rooms ?  How are things looking ?  What about the pool  ?  Is it up and running ?

I'm booked to go in August and curious to know how things are.

Please get in touch.

Jenny

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Sea-Breeze apartments
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 08:52:20 PM »
Hi Jenny

Haven't heard any "local verbal bad reports" on them and , this is only my opinion, but if the Taverna is getting good reveiws it would make sense to have the Appts up to a much better standard.

After all, if you are relaxed and happy in your appt and it's linked to a Taverna then why stray any further?.
Make people happy in the appts and the Taverna will soon follow. A good incentive.
The odds have to be in your favour on this one. - I very much hope so.

Have a good hol.
Negg

Offline Samwell

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • Yammas!
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 11:24:40 PM »
Hey Jenny

Hopefully things have improved since last year. Initially we turned up late at night well after everyone had gone to bed. Our TC rep checked our room, which was apparently still being lived in and dirty. We got a different room which was a lot smaller and stuffier but I managed to sleep ok... Our boiler on our room did explode at 5am, but thats just bad luck...

To cut a long story short, we got our room in the end...

Im sure Yannis will now be keeping it better now hes independant. He is very helpful, all the same and the foods great. Location wise its great too and I would actually visit again :)

In fact Im going to venture down to have a drink with Yannis perhaps when im there next month! As me and my friend called him, the "Yammas" kid is great and really helpful, Panos (if still there) is one to be watched, but quite a character.

Offline Lindypops

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 12:49:32 AM »
Hi Jc. Not stayed there, but have had many a lovely meal. The bbq is always very good. Thoroughly enjoyed. p.m. if you need more detail. All the best, and enjoy.
Lindypops.

Offline JC

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 08:57:41 AM »
Thanks for these replies everyone.  I have stayed at Sea-Breeze many times - seven I think .  I have booked a room with Yianni but it is hard to get him to accept a deposit so I hope he will keep the room for me.  I am just curious to know if everything is up and running - particularly the pool which I regard as MY pool (!) or just the taverna.

Any more info would be gratefully received.  I'll be at Sea-Breeze from 9 August until 30 August if anyone fancies a Mythos.

Jenny

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 09:02:03 PM »
Hi JC, when we came back May 22nd pool was green and looked yuky but we were told it would be sorted the next day. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline bobby

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 08:54:10 PM »
Have been since dropped by T Cook. The place isn't what it was.
Grubby, not cared for, no holiday atmosphere.
Pool in poor condition.

Offline biglee

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • clements locksmiths
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 02:41:03 AM »
Have been since dropped by T Cook. The place isn't what it was.
Grubby, not cared for, no holiday atmosphere.
Pool in poor condition.

when was this ? was it recent - yannis got steve is it from the pool bar in san stef working with him now hasnt he.

suprised to hear its in a state. - yannis is a real nice guy - lets hope he holds it togeather
I LOVE ARILLAS IT'S GODS LITTLE ACRE.

DONT ASK FOR CHANGE IT'S PERFECT THE WAY IT Is

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 11:17:55 AM »
We were in Arillas in June and the pool was still green and yucky, the sunbeds looked like they had come out of a skip.  Sorry, but thats how it was.

Sharon x

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 12:57:35 PM »
Early indications seemed to be promising for the Sea Breeze (Arillas Bay) appartments and restaurant, especially the bar/restaurant side of things, but reading this it seems things are not so good for the appartments. It would be interesting to know what peoples thoughts are now the season is over. We did say we would never go back after our terrible time in 2008, but as we are in Arillas in 2010 we are going to have a sneaky peek at what its like. Surely 2 years will be enough time for us to see some major changes? We really hope it does shape up well as whats good for the Sea Breeze is also good for Arillas as a resort. We might even have a drink there, if we do thats a thumbs up from us, if not.....

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 01:59:36 PM »
Hi All!
I stayed at The Bardis Sun Hotel from 2nd-16th October and walked passed the Sea Breeze every day. The pool was drained and the sunbeds were left lying about and blown by the wind all over the place. There was no activity at all at the apartments and they looked as though nothing had been done there for quite a while.They looked scruffy and run down from the road anyway.
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 02:51:40 PM »
The father in this family died recently so to be fair, this is probably why Sea Breeze was closed and nobody there. Previous posts on here seemed to suggest there had been an improvement there this year.
Sandy x

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 07:02:12 PM »
Hi Sandy,
Yes I understood there have been problems within the owners family and that the apartments seem to have been 'mothballed' for some time. When I was there in Arillas in May it was as Vivian and Bobby described. The pool has now been drained but I don't think the apartments have been occupied this year. I hope the family can now restore it to open next season as it's a shame to let it stay as it is.
The bar/restaurant seemed to be doing a fair trade and to be run by two English men with local staff. Drinks were only €1-50 for beer and the menu looked good, but I personally didn't eat there.
Willy's Wash house is now located at the rear of the restaurant/bar and seemed to be busy.

Martin.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 08:41:01 PM »
I dont know how many of you stayed there when it was known as Arillas Bay and it was one of the best holidays we have had. It makes me want to cry to see it like this now. Let's all hope that Yanni and his family can pull it back before the new season starts. I think this would be a good tribute to Thomas. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline elsmum

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 10:46:45 AM »
I agree wholeheartedly Viv, when we first came to Arillas we stayed at Arillas Bay and then went back twice more. What a lovely family and Yianni is a helpful and friendly guy. I was so sorry to hear about Thomas, he was a lovely man. Hopefully now Yianni and family will spend more time on the business. I would like to wish him and his family all the very best for the future.

Booking.com