Author Topic: Royal Ionian brewery  (Read 10793 times)

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Royal Ionian brewery
« on: June 02, 2009, 02:52:58 AM »
paid a visit last week.tours will be available soon.they will be producing 4 beers eventually 2 are available now one being the royal ionian lager and a pilsner.coming soon an english bitter type drink and a traditional real ale.

http://www.corfubeer.com/site is still under construction but images are available of the 4 beers

Offline justjen

Re: Royal Ionian brewery
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 10:14:11 AM »
Whoopee!!!! I don't suppose the real ale will be ready by July? This is very good news indeed. Much as the lagers are very tastey and refreshing, I do find the gassiness difficult to cope with.

Jen

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 10:42:22 AM »
....... I do find the gassiness difficult to cope with.

Jen

LOL...so does Keith!!! ;-)

Wayne, did you just turn up at the brewery or did you arrange a private visit?  Keith would love to go in July.

Eileenx

Offline 4x4

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 10:57:18 AM »
I want to go next week. Is it walking distance from Tria ?

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 11:41:39 AM »
Wayne, did you just turn up at the brewery or did you arrange a private visit?  Keith would love to go in July.

i just turned up and was given a brief tour not a full one .should be ok in july.i did get a free drink also.

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 11:45:21 AM »
We Met a young Greek Guy the other week in Thalassa who is the technical s0 & s0 at the brewery...he said just turn up anytime feveryone welcome......

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 12:03:12 PM »
I want to go next week. Is it walking distance from Tria ?

just walk up heart attack hill past annas and on to the petrol station a nice 15-min walk

Offline 4x4

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 12:36:49 PM »
Hmmm
The 15 minute walk not a problem but “heart attack hill” ?
Sounds as though I may need a drink when I get there.

Maggie

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 01:03:55 PM »
4x4, if you walk up the path at the back of the Galini Apts, it takes you to the church at top of the hill. The brewery is across the road near the petrol station.(ask Philip if your not sure). This way cuts out the walk to the village.

Offline 4x4

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 01:16:16 PM »
Yes. I have had a closer look at the map.
That looks like a plan.
I love to go off road, but usually i am driving. This walking idea will take some time to master))

Maggie

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 01:19:13 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't think you'll get your car up the back way. It's very steep just before the church. (our motorbike couldn't make it, and we had to get off and push it).lol

Offline 4x4

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 01:37:31 PM »
No. I dont think the car hire co. would be too pleased if i tried to do what i do at home.
Just cant wait to get there now

Offline 4x4

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 12:35:47 AM »
Micro brewery.
Having been in Arillas for almost two weeks we decided to visit some of the local  points of interest. It was Sunday so we thought nothing much would be open but the “Micro Brewery “ had been in my thoughts so we drove up to have a look.
As I pulled up in the car a man talking to someone  in the car park noticed us arriving and started to approach us before I had the handbrake on. He introduced himself (Spiros) and started to give us a spiel that almost sounded like a double glazing salesman. But with a difference.  This man was passionate about what he did.  We went from not expecting to find the place open, to having a personal guided tour. We where shown areas outside the building to    enforce the concept of how clean the water was that was used. Inside we had an explanation of how every part of the €500,000 process was managed and we where told about new products in the pipe line.( literally ) We where treated to samples of  five different beers and offered more. ( I just had to refuse, something I don’t normally do, but I was driving ). The Passion and enthusiasm made me feel guilty that I had been buying Methos for two weeks )).
Some of the beers are so special they can not be stored in the sun. ( a bit like celluloid film for any photographic buffs). If you want an experience. Got to the Micro Brewery,  enjoy. And then buy it . I will when I return next year.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009, 12:41:06 AM »
Thanks for the interesting report 4x4.  We'll make a point of going up there now.

Eileen.

Offline justjen

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2009, 02:21:14 AM »
I'm there!!

Booking.com