Author Topic: Newbie to Arillas  (Read 3738 times)

Offline Alan and Jan

• Arillas Addict
Newbie to Arillas
« on: June 04, 2009, 03:35:35 PM »
Hi everyone
September 11th will see Jan and me arriving in Arillas for our first time. We will be staying at Kaloudis.
Any tips you regulars can give us would be greatly appreciated e.g supermarkets, places to eat etc etc
We are a middle aged couple who enjoy the good things in life particularly traditional Greek food and the odd Mythos or two.
We have visited some of the other islands (Paros, Santorini, Lesvos, Kos, Rhodes and Crete). The reason we are coming to Arillas is because someone we know says what a woderful little place it is. Who knows we may end up as regular visitors like we now do with Pefkos on Rhodes.
Love to hear from anyone.
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

Offline sharonF

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Newbie to Arillas
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 03:50:43 PM »
Welcome to the forum Rothers.  You are spoilt for choice in Arillas.  There are several topics that you can look under for the info you want.  If you look for places to eat in arillas, everyone has put their favourites in there.  There is a supermarket just down from Kaloudis.  If you look in accommodation reviews you will find lots of reports on kaloudis, all good.

I think its safe to say you will be back!

Sharon x

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 07:24:45 PM »
Hi Rothers
We have been going to Kaloudis Village for years, you will certainly enjoy.  There are a couple of supermarkets on sea front, and also one on the Kaloudis Village site.
Plenty of  tavernas to choose from and I dont think you can go wrong with any of them.  Try different ones each night.  Some great walks to do if thats your thing.
Enjoy, we on the forum do.
Amanda

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 07:32:17 PM »
Hi rothers1946. Welcome to our virtual world. If you have read it much you'll know the forum is full of information about Arillas that you can't get anywhere else.

On our first visit, I swore I'd died and gone to heaven, and all these years later still feel the same way.

Kaloudis is excellent - you can't fail to enjoy yourselves. The beach is at the end of the drive, the centre of Arillas is round the corner, and your hosts are absolutley wonderful. But then I could have written the last bit about all of the businesses there.

Look at the maps on the site, read the holiday reports in "Tell us your story" and keep posting your questions. One or more of us will know the answer.

Best wishes
Phil

Offline Alan and Jan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 12:20:01 PM »
Thanks guys for this. Will try and spend some time looking through the various parts of the website. Yes mango we love walking and looking forward to some of that. Already had a pm from Annie about Pefkos so if anyone wants info on that just get in touch.
Cheers
Alan and Jan
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 01:35:06 PM »
Hello Alan, welcome to the forum.  I've also been to Pefkos, just the once, but I prefer Arillas - there's no massive hill like Pefkos, that was a nightmare everyday as we were staying right at the top but the views were impressive.  I think you'll enjoy Arillas.
Cheryl O

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 02:13:36 PM »
Hi Rothers!
Welcome to the forum. You will love Arillas I am sure. Have a look at my 'Arillas 2008 slide show' under  'videos' for a taster of scenes and walks in the locality, including some of the local tavernas.
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 04:09:19 PM »
Hi Rothers

Two very popular walks are over the cliffs at one side to San Stefanos and over the other cliffs (each side of the bay of Arillas) to Afiona.

Amanda

Booking.com