Author Topic: Motorcycle hire  (Read 17602 times)

Offline Curt

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • Rare Corfu Lizard
Motorcycle hire
« on: June 05, 2009, 08:33:19 PM »
Hello all ....
Can anyone tell me if the have any motorcycles for hire in Arillas
that are bigger than the normal 100 cc holiday bikes ?
Looking for a bike that will take us up some of those steep hills without almost stopping !
We did have a 250 scooter the last time we were staying in Roda and that was quite good fun and comfortable.
A Transalp would be great !

Watch out for that lizard !!

Offline M n M

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Re: Motorcycle hire
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 09:52:49 PM »
Curt, if you go into either Olgas Travel or Arkokal Travel and let them know what you want they will find you something that will suit you, I usually get a 125 offroad bike that gets me anywhere on the island. Have fun but make sure you hold a full bike licence and that your insurance covers you. Mick.

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 01:51:09 PM »
Hi Curt, I got an XT 600 from Theo at Arillas Car Hire a few years ago. I think he had a tie-up with another outfit who supplied the bike which was of a much better standard than your average rental bike,
                                                 Ivan

Offline Curt

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • Rare Corfu Lizard
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 08:00:40 PM »
Thanks guys .... It sounds like I should be able to get hold of a bike that takes the weight of two !! 
I have actually bought and done up one of the old (1975) Suzuki RV125's which I hope to bring out to Corfu one day ....
Its just right for those olive grove tracks !!

Not sure I will be able to outrun that lizard though ?

Cheers ... Curt

only 5 weeks now till we can feel the sun again ... !!!!!!

Offline tonynglenda

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 10:48:55 AM »
We just hired a 100cc quad from olga(spiros in san stef brought it down for us) and it got both of us up to the top of pantokractor, so they are strong little things as neither of us are what you would call slim. It was 85euros for 3 days total.

Offline DAVEnFRANCES

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 02:58:53 PM »
Hello all ....
Can anyone tell me if the have any motorcycles for hire in Arillas
that are bigger than the normal 100 cc holiday bikes ?
Looking for a bike that will take us up some of those steep hills without almost stopping !
We did have a 250 scooter the last time we were staying in Roda and that was quite good fun and comfortable.
A Transalp would be great !

Watch out for that lizard !!
Curt.
Last time in Arillas, I also hired an XT600 which was arranged via Anita at the Marina Hotel. Went for a blast round the coastal road.... brilliant fun, and it also helps you to see what parts of Corfu you prefer!
Previous year we hired a Yamaha Virago 250 which was actually ok for the two of us, and yes, we did go to Paleokastritsa on it!
Again, Anita made the arrangements - this is useful because the hirers bring and collect the bike from Arillias.....very convenient!

Booking.com