Author Topic: Walks in Arillas  (Read 44567 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Walks in Arillas
« on: June 19, 2009, 12:05:04 AM »
Hi everyone, I have posted on behalf of new member Hancock who is new to the forum and heading for heaven in July. He has asked me by PM about Leonidas Studios, on which I have sent some links to reviews. Any more info would be welcome.

But mainly it is help with finding walks in the area. I am sure any posts on either suject would be appreciated.

Thanks
Phil

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: Walks in Arillas
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 12:37:14 AM »
Hi Phil & Hancock :-)

Read here about Lance Chiltons guided walks in the area in 2004...  http://www.marengowalks.com/corfu_report2004.html

See photos of his series of walks in 2008 here... http://www.marengowalks.com/corfu_report2008HS.html

I can highly recommend his guide book and map which can be bought here...
http://www.marengowalks.com/Corfubk.html

Visit Dens nature pages to give you an idea of the plants & wildlife you will see on you travels... http://www.agiosgeorgios.co.uk/naturecorner.htm

Eileenx

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 10:18:57 AM »
Eileen, you never cease to amaze me. Some really good infomation there. There's some good photos too on the 2008 report - I've not read that before.
I love to walk, like everyone else, up to Afionas & over to San Stefanos but my favourite walk is down to the Porto Timoni beaches.  It's a bit dodgy in places & strong footwear & water to drink is recommended, but well worth every step when you get there. Coming back up is hard work but knowing that the Dionysos is at the top keeps you going.

Sara

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 08:48:10 PM »
Saea, Pete and I love that walk as well' I have been known to go half way down on my bottem, the first time,lol. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 10:32:24 PM »
I would love to do some of these walks.  Usually Mick takes off on one of his adventures and I am with the kids in exchange for my blissful couple of hours with book and ipod on the beach.  This year, with so many friends and family coming for the 'big event' we will hopefully sneak a bit of time together sampling these divine-sounding places :-)

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 12:41:52 AM »
Phil
TWO WEEKS MONDAY,  SEE YOU ON THE TUESDAY
Is Hancock staying at the Leonidas?
We stayed there on our first visit.
There are six apartments It’s a nice little place and the owners look after you well
Things are Basic but clean and tidy 
you can use the facilities at the Tria-Adelphia,
As you know the cheese pies there are the best in Arillas.
The Pool is also inviting, not shallow so you need to keep an eye on the toddlers
Philip at the Tria will also help you in any way he can.

If Hancock is there the same time as us we had best be on our best behavior, don’t want to put him off going again  lol

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 02:23:53 AM »
lol John mate.

Yes, it's only two weeks! Arillas will have geared up - increased alcohol supplies, more fish caught to satisfy us all, galactoboureko will be a new factory next to the Royal Ionian brewery, garlic will be hanging from every door, Hannah will have a new supply of Cher tracks ready...

I only have one behaviour, as you know. It is the best I can offer. Jen gets away with it because I take the flak....

See you both soon
Phil

Offline Hancock

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 04:51:57 PM »
Hi everyone and thanks to Phil for getting me started, me and the wife Jane will be arriving on the 6th of July for hopefully 2 glorious weeks. We've heard a lot of good things about Arillas and are really excited about our first visit. We love quiet but have been known to stay out until 10pm.
Thanks to Eileen for the walking sites; we'll check these out.

Now Phil's shown me how to get started on the Forum I hope to post a few more messages before we set off.

Thanks again everyone

Dave & Jane

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 05:40:57 PM »
It was a pleasure Dave. After two weeks in Arillas you will be another Addict. It is a High Class Drug (would have said class A but they'd be round here to arrest me....)

Looking forward to meeting you both. If you see a football referee with a long suffering partner, and two refugees from the Glastonbury festival, that's us!

All the best
Phil

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 10:46:46 PM »
We love walking around Arillas... a new one we tried out last year was going past the Tria Adlephia and Elieens house, carry on past the little garage and up the  windy hill... you come to a junction... turn right and carry on  a few yards-  take the next turn right... keep walking and walking and walking and walking... you come to some houses (one of these had an artists easel propped up on the verandah), a small concrete stage where they have their own wine festival... this road takes you down past the Night Owl and on into Afionas..  It is a long walk but very satisfying, takes you inland a bit and then circular towards Afionas... coming back was quicker!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 11:49:56 PM »
Ah BG you're dreaming again. Don't blame you luvver - we will all miss yous this year. Just keep dreaming and posting.

lots of love
Phil

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 11:46:28 AM »
I know Phil, cant help but reminisce..
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Hancock

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 10:52:35 PM »
Hi Phil, John the ref & Dot

We are staying in the Leonidas and arrive on the 6/07/09 via Manchester 7am flight. I placed an order for the book walks in Corfu from Marengo but it will not be posted until the 4th so we won't get it in time.

Thanks to blondegirl I'll note that one for us to try.

So you'll recognise us as adding a photo is way to technical, picture serious walkers stiding out, well we don't look like that, best way to describe us is short, round and determined. We're keeping an eye on the weather as last year we spent 2 weeks in Skiathos and it rained everyday except one. Hope we have more luck as we don't want another dose of swamp foot.

See you all soon.

Dave & Jane

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 11:20:25 PM »
Dave and Jane,

I'll gladly lend you my copy of the book and map.  We're not far from Leonidas, in fact we pass there every day so I'll hand them in on the Monday at some point.

Does anyone know if there is a reception/office at Leonidas?

Eileen.

Offline Hancock

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 11:23:41 PM »
Thanks Eileen

We'd really appreciate that.

D&J

Booking.com