Author Topic: Wine Festival  (Read 6034 times)

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
Wine Festival
« on: June 20, 2009, 06:28:41 PM »
Hi All,

Can anybody tell us when the 2009 wine festival is going to be held.  We will be in Arillas for the 1st 2 weeks in September - fingers crossed its when we are out there!!
We went last year with Riggers and Just Phil & Jen, and it was a great laugh!!

Beverly & Kevin

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Wine Festival
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 07:44:06 PM »
Oh so it was Kev (or is it Bev?) It was such a wonderful time. "Don't worry Phil, you're amongst friends" said Dimitris. Well, I already knew that with yous two.

Sadly I have signed up to teach next year, so we can't be there in September. Would so love to meet yous again.
Love PhilandJen

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 10:36:25 PM »
Too right Phil!  we have such wonderful memories of the wine festival... we loved it!  We plan to do something similar here!! ha ha ha!!  Loved the music, dancing, wine, souvlaki and of course the company!  It will be the biggest thing we shall miss this year apart from the whole of Arillas itself!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 12:00:52 AM »
BG we have digital pictorial evidence of yous two enjoying it. What's it worth??????

Seriously, when the grapes are in and all is right, it is one of the most special nights in Arillas. But to us two, they all are. Just sitting on my bench with doggie lara on my lap, staring at Gravia is just as special to me.

Phil

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 04:55:28 PM »
just let me know the dates,and ill try to get there ,i know riggs is over in sept as well.........yammas

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 06:24:56 PM »
So wish we could be there with yous both. Go for it kev - it is one of the best nights Arillas has to offer. As if they could get any better...

Phil

Offline Alan and Jan

• Arillas Addict
Wine Festival
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 10:35:25 AM »
Still getting to grips with this website as there is so much to look at. A multitude of info that makes me believe I know Arillas already.
While skimming the website I noticed mention of a wine festival in September 2008. Did this take place but more interestingly will there be another this coming September. A bit of self interest here as this is when Jan and me will be visiting Arillas.
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 03:08:46 PM »
Well we arrive on the 9th, and i asked this question in another board and apparently its on the weekend of the 12th, but still to be confirmed.

So im hoping it doesnt change and i get to experience my first wine festival in Arillas, yay!!

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 03:31:21 PM »
Hi there rothers1946,

Dont worry, you are doing very well with getting to grips with the site!!  Its the best place to visit before you visit the actual place lol!!  You will find out all you wish to know here about Arillas, everyone on here is friendly and will always help out, so ask away!!

I too am heading to Arillas in September, first time, we have always gone end of May time, so i will be experiencing the wine festival for the first time too, very much looking forward to it!

We arrive on the 9th and ive been told its happening the weekend of the 12th, this is still to be confirmed properly, but im crossing my fingers it doesnt change, i love a drop of wine, so need a festival to excuse me hahaha!!

What date do you arrive??

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 01:03:08 AM »
Ooooh!  12th September is when we come back from St. Ives!  Shall be thinking the Wine Festival all the way home!  I must take our carafe we got from last year, unfortunately the refills wont be the same!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 01:16:12 AM »
We still have ours BG. 3 euros each (not to mention the refills!) and so many memories. They're priceless to us.

We use them a lot. We made vodka frappe in one, served cream at a dinner party, cold orange juice on the rare summer days here, ah - many more. And of course we sometimes put wine in them...

just one memory... sorry I look so p****d.
Phil

Offline justjen

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 01:28:38 AM »
Crikey! I must have been p****d. I managed to take a piccie without chopping everyones head off!

Jen

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 08:11:48 AM »
Crikey! I must have been p****d. I managed to take a piccie without chopping everyones head off!

:D nice work Jen :D
Life is good ;)

Offline Alan and Jan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 10:59:00 AM »
Hi there rothers1946,

Dont worry, you are doing very well with getting to grips with the site!!  Its the best place to visit before you visit the actual place lol!!  You will find out all you wish to know here about Arillas, everyone on here is friendly and will always help out, so ask away!!

I too am heading to Arillas in September, first time, we have always gone end of May time, so i will be experiencing the wine festival for the first time too, very much looking forward to it!

We arrive on the 9th and ive been told its happening the weekend of the 12th, this is still to be confirmed properly, but im crossing my fingers it doesnt change, i love a drop of wine, so need a festival to excuse me hahaha!!

What date do you arrive??

We arrive on the 11th September. Flying early doors from Doncaster with Thomson so should be landing around 11.30am. That will give us time to have a good mosey around Arillas and get our bearings.
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 01:57:00 PM »
Brill!!! if its the weekend of the 12th we be able to fit this in before we fly home on the 14th yipppeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

Booking.com