Author Topic: Post Office Travel Money Card  (Read 7325 times)

Offline linda-j

Post Office Travel Money Card
« on: June 21, 2009, 04:56:26 PM »
Has anyone used a Post Office Travel Money Card at the ATM in Arillas ?  I have a Loyds TSB debit card so could probably use that, but not sure what the charges would be ? I dont really want to bring all my holiday money in cash ,
I m coming to Arillas in a couple of weeks time with my 2 children and dont want to be caught with no money / not enough money !

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Post Office Travel Money Card
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 06:21:03 PM »
Can't answer on The Post Office card in Arillas ATM, but can tell you that Lloyds will charge you for each transaction - 2 or three quid a time. After our lovely Sandy advised us, we started a Flex Account with Nationwide, and use the card all the time in Arillas. I think they charge a bit now, but not on the scale of our bank (for the journey...)

Phil

Offline linda-j

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 12:50:22 PM »
Thanks Phil , I also read yesterday that the Abbey Zero card does nt charge , but whichever way I get my money I m sure I wont have it long with my 2 boys to spend it for me !

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 02:59:26 PM »
A cautionary note to would be users of the ATM in Arillas..
Because of the poor euro rate instead of taking cash  we opted for the Nationwide Flexi card,which at that time was comision free. First time we tried the card it refused..we tried all the options ie: Cheque,savings,credit,but to no avail.. the following day we went to the Atm in Aviotes..which kindly allowed us to draw some cash.
later in the week we again tried the Atm in Arillas but still no joy...we then returned to Aviotes and guess what ...unable to withdraw...I called the Nationwide and they confirmed funds were ok and they could see from the records that we had tried to withdraw but each time the ATM deposited it back into our account...I called Eurobank in Corfu town...they were not interested!!!the day after we tried our barclay card  in the atm and it just swallowed it before we pressed a key...fortunately we then tried ou tsb debit card which allowed us to withdraw funds... so don`t take the atm`s in corfu for granted...

Offline linda-j

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 05:20:09 PM »
Thanks ,

I might just stick to travellers cheques and euros - dont want to be stuck with nothing !

Offline june

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 09:24:25 PM »
HI

When I was there last week to see if there was much differance I withdrew 20 euros from my Nationwide card followed by 20 euros from my Lloyds account. Checking accounts now I'm home the Nationwide cost £17.03 and the Lloyds £19.54 so I think if you're going to use a card for larger amounts it must be better to have a Nationwide account.

June

Booking.com