Author Topic: HELP !!  (Read 3184 times)

Offline andym

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
HELP !!
« on: June 28, 2009, 01:47:43 PM »
Hello All

I need some advice.
 We are leaving tomorrow morning for our first holiday to Arillas and i cant find my driving licence.
 I have looked everywhere but to no avail.
 Is there any way i can still hire a car. I did it in Canada once. My wife hired it and i was a named driver. Could i do this, or has anyone else done the same.

Hope you can help as we were so looking forward to seeing the whole island.

Many Thanks

Andy

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: HELP !!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 01:54:31 PM »
Hi Andym. Life always seem to do these things! I suggest you contact Theo at Arillas Cars to find out what you can do. The advert is on the website and the email is

arillascars@gmail.com

With the timescale you might try phoning them.

0030 26630 51401

Hope it works out
Phil

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 01:56:31 PM »
yes you can go as a named driver ,i think theres a extra charge on the insurance though,,,,yammas,,,give theo a call he,s very helpful.....

Offline ColinD

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 02:08:58 PM »
Hi Andy,

I don't want to put a damper on it, but the hire-car company may still want to see your licence, and what will you do if you are stopped by the police and asked to produce it?  I am not too familiar with Greek driving laws, but it is illegal in some countries not to carry it with you when you are driving.  Just let your wife drive, and you sit back and relax.

Hope it all works out fine for you anyway, and I'm sure you will enjoy your holiday in Arillas whatever.  It's impossible not to.
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional.

riggers

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 02:30:30 PM »
When i hired a car from Olga, i only needed the pink card with the photo on it. The counterpart is not needed.

Offline andym

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 04:18:27 PM »
Thanks for all the replies.

I have got no chance of getting the wife to drive and i havent even got the pink card.

I will see what Theo says.

Thanks again
            Andy

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 11:54:57 AM »
Not sure if this will help but several years ago for some reason we both couldn't find our drivers license, just before we were due to leave if my memory serves correct. I'm sure we had the DVLA to send a fax to Olga(Olgas travel)confirming our license details,may be worth giving the DVLA a call to see if they can help.
Good luck
Ang

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 12:01:30 PM »
Ang...you've jogged my memory!

Last year my friend discovered she had left her license at home.  She sent a fax to DVLA from Theo's m/c in his office at Arillas Rentacr.   http://arillas-rentacar.com/  She was able to hire a car once DVLA had confirmed her license details.

Eileen

Booking.com