Author Topic: kokinos aparts  (Read 27303 times)

Offline lynchan

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
kokinos aparts
« on: July 05, 2009, 11:27:18 AM »
before i write this i must say that arillas and the people are wonderful and we had a fab holiday,but i would not recommend the 2 bedded apart at the kokinos to anyone unless things have changed.we found it to be dirty,very dated and for such a large apartment nothing in there.we had nowhere at all in our bedroom to put our clothes.we didnt unpack for 3 days till the rep got us a rail.the cooker was a health hazzard.it was so dirty the grease was scraped off with a knife.just 1 pot to cook in which we had to scrub before we could use as it was covered in dried up food.quite a few days the bins in the toilets were not emptied.we had to do this ourselves.
i could go on and on.i must say that the studios down stairs did look better. so all i will say if you going go with an open mind.perhaps it was us being fussy but when the reps seen the place they agreed with us

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: kokinos aparts
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 11:43:30 AM »
I must say I'm quite surprised by this. I've never stayed at Kokinos but know some people who have been in a 2 bedroom apartment there and they loved it - not sure they tried to cook though. I'm never sure how much they get used so maybe they aren't always kept "ready" like the more popular places that are generally full. Having said that, it wouldn't account for the lack of furniture. I've never stayed anywhere on a package holiday that didn't have wardrobes and a few drawers.
Sandy x

Offline lynchan

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 11:51:47 AM »
sandy ive been all over greece and believe me i no how basic things can be.thats why we choose to go year after year.basic i put up with and enjoy but dirt is something i dont.i have taken pictures and as soon as i can i will  try and put them on here.
when you have 4 adults sharing an apartment you would think that they would have facilities for 4 adults.we even had to empty the toilet bin for several days as they did not do this

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 11:56:31 AM »
Oh I agree lynnchan.....dirt is unacceptable. You would only get one bathroom though I think in all the 2 bedroom apartments. Sometimes we have booked 2 studios for that reason.....but of course that is more expensive.
Sandy x

Offline lynchan

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 12:29:34 PM »
sandy i no i might sound if im nit picking but when we arrived first thing we said cup of tea.the cups were stuck to saucers with tea rings all around.so we washed them.next the toilet.no flush.had to use the bowl to flush.5 hours after arrival they ame andsorted it but surely this should have been checked b 4 we went in there.we do eat out alot but we do like to have breakfast snacks etc and the occasional night in with a meal on the balcony but all we had was 1 pot and after asking many times there was still only 1 pot at the end of the holiday

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 03:07:07 PM »
Did wonder if you would post on here.If you decide to go back to Arillas,which I am sure you will,we recommend the bardis sun hotel.That is where we saw you on your arrival.I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 05:02:26 PM »
We never seem to stay in the same place, but have never had that sort of problem. Wherever we have stayed has been embarassingly clean and tidy. Anna's studios are a perfect example like I said when we came back last July.

Thanks for posting about it. The history has been that if that if something like this happens, the next year you hear how much effort has been put in to rectifying it. I have only ever heard great reports about Kokinos until now. But that's what the forum is for - to share the great things about Arillas and also the not so great.

But as expected, just being in Arillas was magic for you too. Will be there Tuesday soaking it all up....

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 06:13:12 PM »
Lynchan

It's good for you to post this and when booking with a Tour Operator it is equally important to let them know the problems you experience.

For example, the owner could maybe be thinking that the staff he employs are doing a very good job. The Tour Op would/should report the problems to him/her and I'm sure drastic steps would be taken for the necessary improvement.

Owners take a very large pride in waht they have to offer. After all, they want you to be comfortable and feel relaxed. ---- And then come back next year.!

Cheers
Negg

Offline sunfun

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 08:43:51 PM »
Hi,i'm new to the board.We have booked for a 2 bed apartment at the kokinos and i am absolutely bricking it after reading the report by lynchan.
I have emailed thomas cook to tell them about this and that if it is not up to standard that we want to change.
Thanks a lot lynchan for your report.It is not acceptable for people to be spend their hard-earned money being sent to places like this.
I hope you manage to post photos of the apartment.
I wonder if you could maybe email me the photos?
Thanks a lot.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 09:31:51 PM »
That's it sunfun. Without lynchan's post you would be too late to do anything.

I always feel very sad when something like this prevents newcomers having the Arillas experience I know and understand. Nearly everyone does though.

Keep us all posted.

Phil

Offline lynchan

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 09:48:06 PM »
thanks for your replies.to be truthful in our situation i would blame the tour company for alot that went on.when i phoned the main office on the day of arrival they told me that they had had complaints before and would we like to go to another resort.we gave them a firm answer of no.we wanted a resort like arillas and we wanted a 2 bedded apart so they offered us 2 studios in sidari.our rep sophie also told us that we were not the first to complain which made us feel a little better.
but like i said besides these hiccups we made the most of what we had and had a wonderful holiday.
my only other warning to anyone on the bristol flight who have a pick up at 03.45 in the morning please double check if there is a room available as we had to find a room ourselves as the rep told us she couldnt get hold of the owners to confirm that we could keep our room.we phoned the main office once again and they told us we could stay at a nice hotel on the front called the mimosa.well one of our party walked the length and breadth of arillas to find this hotel(and as you all no can be a fair walk)and couldnt find it.when we phoned back to the office we had the reply sorry we gave you the name of a hotel in sidari by mistake.wel by this time besides being mad all we could do was laugh because dave who had gone looking was absolutly knackered and fell asleep on the sunbed.finally they told us we could try the akti hotel.this people here were brilliant to us.they really helped us and we cannot  thank them enough

Offline Glenny

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 09:54:17 PM »
I'm shocked by this. We stayed in a 2 bed apartment Sept 07 and there were wardrobes in both bedrooms, it was basic but clean, the bins emptied every day except on the Sunday.
There were reports on here a while back about problems with mice/rats but that was in the ground floor studios.
I would have booked again any time. Hopefully it will be sorted soon.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 10:09:06 PM »
Shame you didn't ask Monica and Spiros in the Akti, or Olga in Olga's travel or just about anyone else along there. Tour operators are not my favourite people.... As I read your post, I could have told you there is no "mimosa." So could anyone there.

You sound like us - the awful experiences will turn into laughs and reminiscences down the line. But believe me, Arillas can do much better. Our eighth visit coming up tomorrow, and it will be really special. Perhaps it is because we know so many and are known by so many. But our first visit when we knew nothing and nobody, I asked if I'd "died and gone to heaven?" Well, I'm still alive but I will be in heaven tomorrow....

Best wishes
Phil

Offline keith(geezer)

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2009, 10:28:06 PM »
arillas is the best place in the world do not get put off so menny place`s to go in arillas sorry about that next yr well be hour 3 yr
trey the kalodus

Offline sunfun

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2009, 10:38:29 PM »
Thanks everybody for your replies.I have also asked on trip advisor but the expert for arillas is actually there just now and is getting back to me on her return.
I am so greatful for people posting "warts and all" or we could have ended up in a craapy place.Arillas seems to have you all hooked and we really want to give it a go.
Will let you know what happens with thomas cook.Cheers¬

Booking.com