Author Topic: Jellyfish  (Read 12470 times)

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
Re: Jellyfish
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2009, 05:10:37 PM »
Not jellyfish, but I got stung on the bum!! We were at the Captains a couple of years ago and I happened to sit on a wasp which was on my chair.  I think I gave it a nasty headache.... Meanwhile I shot off to the loo with Barry in tow, and he pulled down my shorts and got the sting out  (I could have been rude there, but decided to be a bit more refined lol)

Offline squind

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2009, 01:23:38 PM »
Not visited Arillas yet, but hope everyone knows the cure for a jellyfish sting. It's to get an obliging friend to wee on the site of the sting! (Or to do it yourself if possible.)

My son got stung on his leg in France and we tried this. It takes the pain away instantly. Must look pretty strange to any onlookers though:)

Offline Samwell

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • Yammas!
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2009, 04:57:35 PM »
In my 4 years between St George and Arillas Ive never seen a jellyfish... although on my first year I did get some sort of sting/rash/thing from St George... it lasted a few months and can still see where it happened, not painful just irritating.

If you dont have a buddy to pee on you (Ive got a lot in England who'd offer) then Vassilles Market (spelling? Sorry..) sells an orangy/yellow mosquito stick which is all in greek. It happens to be the cheapest thing for bites that he sells at 90cents. It didnt do too much to the bites but the main mix is made up of Ammonia, which I reckon would look a lot better than having to pee on yourself.

And as for things to watch for in the sea, I have on 2 occasions had a fish hook in the foot/toe. Thats usually if you get closer to the end of the pier, but has never hurt too much.

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2009, 07:51:36 PM »
But this year you got bitten by a philandjen.... No ammonia, justalot of hot air!!! Wonder which is worse?

As for the pee thing, I'd sooner suffer! I'll never pee on you Sam, but will be only too happy to see you again out here.
Phil

Booking.com