Author Topic: villa linakis  (Read 77763 times)

Offline sharonF

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: villa linakis
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2009, 12:22:09 PM »
HI Pommie,

So pleased you enjoyed Vavilas.  That fish medley is lush isnt it as is the price!

Sharon x

Offline Pommie

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2009, 12:35:51 PM »
Thanks Eileen.

Hmm Agios Georgios - Unfortunately we haven't managed to stir ourselves as far as hiring a car - too much like hard work compared to lazing around your pool and chilling. We've only made it as far as the end of the beach so far :-) (which of course leaves us plenty to come back for :-) )

Offline janet mcewan

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2009, 03:19:50 PM »
oh you are so lucky pommie would you go back to arillas, i hope to go back next year but on my own this time as martha and her family are going florida so if i can get a cheap flight i am off unfortunately i won't be staying at villa linakis although if i had the money i would but hoping to stay in hotel marina as the reviews are also amazing and as i said the people are so lovely where abouts is your holiday home pommie speak soon

janet
x

Offline Pommie

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2009, 05:48:48 PM »
Hi Janet

would you go back to arillas

Well, we've already booked again and we haven't even left yet :-) Now we've never done THAT before !!!

where about's is your holiday home

We rent out a couple of pine lodges near Windermere - not quite as grand as Villa Linakis I'm afraid to say, and the weather isn't quite as good there at the moment as one of my guests has told me by email. (I'd post the link but I'm not sure if that's allowed round here but if you key Windermere Lodge into Google you'll find us at the top)

Got to go to prepare the lamb chops for tonight's bbq by the pool. Linda is planning on making mint sauce to go with them with fresh mint from the olive grove. Very English aren't we ??? (I'll have to make sure we have some ouzo as well to redress the balance a bit).

I looked hard but couldn't find any thyme -  a suggestion for a new garden pot for you there Eileen. 

Offline janet mcewan

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2009, 07:04:09 PM »
hi pommie the lodge is beautiful i have never been to the lake district but from the pics it looks beautiful even if the weather is not so good their is a lot to see and do their mind you owning a holiday home and letting it out is to much like hard work for me even if you have people looking after it for you hee hee hee

janet

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2009, 07:12:27 PM »
Mr Pommie

What are you doing on here when you're supposed to be relaxing by the pool?
( If you like I will ask Eileen to fill it for you - Hee Hee Eileen - Och the NOOoo)

I'll pop in, very quickly, to see all is OK, tomorrow.

Negg

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2009, 09:03:55 PM »
Thanks Eileen.

Hmm Agios Georgios -  We've only made it as far as the end of the beach so far :-)

Seven years later and we haven't made it along either!

We promised ourselves this year that we would hire a motor boat for the day... but somehow we didn't get around to it...

Another great intention I had at Easter was to plant a pot of mixed herbs...but somehow I never got around to it....

It must be the Arillas air or something...Ouzo???

(Och aye yersel Neill - 'er better coopy down  :-) LOL....)

Offline Pommie

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2009, 10:26:32 PM »
What are you doing on here when you're supposed to be relaxing by the pool?
( If you like I will ask Eileen to fill it for you - Hee Hee Eileen - Och the NOOoo)

Eggy I can't take this heat all day so an occasional dip into the web is as pleasant as a dip in the pool :-) Anyway if there was water in it what would Tom use for a skateboard ramp?

We promised ourselves this year that we would hire a motor boat for the day... but somehow we didn't get around to it...

I feel so much better now :-) I was beginning to wonder if it was just me.

Mind you Eileen - we have been busy. Eggy - Thanks for the loan of the step ladders. We have now completed phase one of the new mural.

We were wondering about a dolphin top left over the flag, but we'll need longer ladders if you can sort that Neil.

(the ouzo and mint sauce were a lovely mixture by the way)

Offline janet mcewan

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2009, 10:34:38 PM »
sounds like you are having a great time pommie love the greek flag say hi to neil and wendy from martha and janet would you please they are fab people

janet
x

Offline Pommie

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2009, 10:50:12 PM »
Hi Janet

I am sure Neil will see your comments here, but  will pass on your best wishes as well.

Kali nichta

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2009, 12:15:36 AM »
Love the new decor on Eileen's villa Pommie. I think I planted some thyme up at my house but had had a few and now can't remember what it was. Not worth the walk up the hill if I can't be certain. I know I have oregano....
Sandy x

Offline adamcal

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2009, 02:28:31 AM »
love the "flag" on the side of the villa just seeing the pool area makes me weary as it chucks it down outside ,the forecast is for more of the same , hearing that pommie is have a bbq makes us all feel a bit jealous , as when we were there we had one once a week and we loved it, hi neil and wendy and heather if you watch this site hope you are well. from martha

riggers

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2009, 08:05:15 AM »
I'm sure Eileen will just love the flag...... :)

riggers.....

Offline Pommie

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2009, 09:51:09 AM »
Hi Riggers
I'm sure Eileen will just love the flag.

I do hope so

What do you think of the dolphins? We were going to do those on top of the flag but Eggy hasn't brought the long ladders round yet.

We're thinking maybe a sun at the top left to finish it off?

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2009, 10:17:24 AM »
I'm sure Eileen will just love the flag...... :)
riggers.....

I sure do Riggs - I always wanted a 'murial'!

LOL...thanks Pommie, maybe just for our Sandy you could paint another symbol of Greece...a bottle of Retsina perhaps, or a dartboard for Neill?!!!

Booking.com