Author Topic: ELENA STELL APTS AND VILLA  (Read 5844 times)

Offline adamcal

ELENA STELL APTS AND VILLA
« on: July 14, 2009, 04:39:54 PM »
HI CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THE ELENA STELLA APTS AND VILLA ARE LIKE WE HAVE SEEN THEM IN PASSING AND MAY BE CONSIDERING THEM ON A TRIP BACK TO ARILLA'S WOULD APPRECIATE SOME FEED-BACK FROM MARTHA

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: ELENA STELL APTS AND VILLA
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 05:31:51 PM »
I believe Phil and Jen stayed there last summer so they can tell you more. If I remember correctly they loved it :)
Life is good ;)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 08:53:54 PM »
Eggy and Weggy often stayed there too and loved it like we did. But be warned, it is typical Greek. If you want Spanish decadence go to Spain. Spacious, simple and yes meluvver erja, it was justgreat for justphil and justjen. We love the simple life, never do gardening, never iron. But we do wash sometimes! Think you can back us up on that one...

Elena Stella was our home for a month, and my report is still there in Tell Us Your Story. Sorry - I'm here in Arillas and just can't be bothered to find the link.

Sadly world out there, and viv in particular, little doggie Lara died in a road accident earlier this year. She was my constant companion last September - even jen got jealous...

Phil

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 09:20:38 PM »
Sorry to hear about little Lara Phil, although if I remember she was the feisty one... she had my ankles a few times when we walked though Elenas shortcut... made me jump all the time when she rushed out in true guard dog style... nasty bend on that part of the road too, hope she didnt get caught there.  By all accounts you made "friends" with another canine I heard!!! 
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 09:37:53 PM »
I remember being snapped at by that one when I took that short cut....
Sandy x

Offline Pommie

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 09:04:03 AM »
We had our last half day there after vacating Eileen's villa and we had a look around the apartments.

They are what I would call standard Greek studio style. The apartment for 4 has 2 bedrooms and a kitchen /lounge areas and the one for 3 had  1 bedroom and a bed in the kitchen/lounge. The furnishing is basic but quite acceptable.

The Kitchens has 2(?) ring cookers, a fridge and a small oven. The upstairs apartments have air con but not the downstairs ones (I think I've got that the right way round).

They are in a lovely garden setting and Thomas voted the pool "the best one he's ever been in" - it is huge and deep. They are next to the creek so mossies may be a bit more prevalent here than in some other places.

Isabella, the Polish lady who is on duty all days there is lovely and so helpful. "nothing ees a problem".

The food is a bit basic (fast food)  as they are very quiet (not with a tour operator as far as I could see).  It is so near the many wonderful tavernas that this would not be a problem though.

For me the best part was how lovely and quiet it was (although I imagine that Olga,  the owner, may not share that feeing :) )

Booking.com