Author Topic: Somewhere to express your disappointment.  (Read 37902 times)

Offline MicK-G

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Somewhere to express your disappointment.
« on: July 21, 2009, 05:31:34 PM »
I am a self proclaimed Arillas addict and will be holidaying again there for the second time this year. However, when I came in May with My wife's family they didn't really enjoy the week but stated thet they would go again as it is too quiet, with not enough to do. This got me thinking, whenever you look on this site, the overwelming vibe is one of positivity. If someone did not have a good experience then would they have a voice on this site? I therefore decided that a negative forum subject would be a good place for people to express their grievences. I feel that as long as people don't try to use this thread in a way to gain compensation i feel that it could be a positive thing. The best feedback that we get is the constructive type. People won't know that improve can be made if they are not pointed out to them.

Mick

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
Re: Somewhere to express your disappointment.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 05:46:16 PM »
I feel that as long as people don't try to use this thread in a way to gain compensation i feel that it could be a positive thing. The best feedback that we get is the constructive type. People won't know that improve can be made if they are not pointed out to them.

According to our forum's terms and conditions,  one can't use any of it's content for things like compensation or other legal stuff.
Forums are like a living organism in which personal opinions are published for research and conclusions.

Personally I don't think our forum needs a new board or thread to express our negativity.  for the same reason that there is not such a thread that we need to express or positive-only thoughts.  if we take a look around our forum, there is a good mixture of positive as well as negative posts.  
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 06:18:37 PM »
I think that the Forum works well at the moment and anybody feeling dissapointed have expressed their veiws very well, within the relevant postings for the Appts and Hotels and Tavernas concerned. Any new postings, as a reveiw, of someones holiday here is always welcome. Every guests opinion , stated correctly has to be of interest to us all. " One man's meat and all that! "

Constructive criticism, as Mick G says, has to be welcome anywhere in the world, and at any business or resort, to ensure complacency doesn't set in.

A negative forum site?  - My opinion only,but not a good idea, 

And a question for Mick.
Did your wifes family state that they would not go to Arillas again as it is too quiet?
( Did you leave the "not" from your posting? )

I think if they put a posting on saying Arillas is too quiet it could attract many more guests wanting a little of that "quietness"

So a slightly negative posting could be a positive result for Arillas.
( And if not a postive result for Arillas, a positive result for those who like "quiet")

It's a funny ole game people.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Paul D

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 10:10:41 PM »
Hi, Mick.   An interesting idea, but I think that peoples` opinions, being positive or negative, come through really well in their individual subject matter. As we are all Arillas addicts here, we all love the place but also understand that to some, it is not their idea of paradise, for whatever reasons.
          I would imagine if you take the beach out of the equation, then to some folk, there is very little going on (especially if it rains), but that is why most of us love it.  We all make time to talk to others over drinks and compare travel notes. 
     If you hire a car, then you are free to explore and not feel confined to the village.
     For us, it is the tranquil calm of Arillas that makes us return, plus the wonderful local people who continue to welcome us to their home. This forum is a vital tool for would be visitors to decide to come here or not- we tell it as it is.
   Mick, I understand your thinking. Thanks for prompting a good debate.

Yammas   Paul D
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 10:23:27 PM »
Well I have to express my disappointment
On Monday 20th July 2009 at 8.30am I had to get on a coach and leave Arillas
you can imagine the disappointment that was felt at this awful time

ON A POSITIVE NOTE
If I had not got on that coach then I would not be able to COME BACK AGAIN

Yes every cloud has a silver lining

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 10:42:46 PM »
There's a saying isnt there "another mans drink is anothers poison"... ha, or something along those lines, I cant remember the exact phrase... there might be some things that we dont like in Arillas, not our cup of tea as it were.... ours is the Nut and Malibu, too noisy for us and others love it, but I am sure there will always be some things we find we can all agree on and love about Arillas which is why we go back... There are more positives than negatives which is why we are all Anaraks!

Some have had some pretty awful nightmares with accommodation but they still go back, perhaps not to the same place but Arillas doesnt change does it and others might have been ill or had some other negative experience but still go on returning like homing pigeon... what is it about the place -  stupid question I know!  I wonder if its because it is so small and cosy, with friendly people that everyone feels at home and safe.  I have found this site to be very informative even when there have been negatives, it has always been constructive information.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

riggers

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 10:51:44 PM »
My trouble is i enjoy all the positives that much i seem to overlook the negatives.

riggers....

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 10:57:00 PM »
Exactly!  Well said!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 11:03:06 PM »
I agree we don't need anywhere separate to post any disappointments.  They are best voiced in the appropriate sections along with the positive posts, as many of you have now said.

My only disappointment was in coming home too, John the ref!

And riggers, I agree with your post so much, I don't even notice any negatives to overlook!

lynn xx

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 11:09:13 PM »
I have a feeling that this topic is going to be
Negatively Positive ?

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 11:26:19 PM »
I think Paul D has summed it up well.  For me tranquility is what I love.  There is plenty of noise to be had elsewhere.  I love to hear a symphony orchestra at full throttle (say Tchaikovsky 1812 or Beethoven 5th), but I'd hate that in Arillas.
Although perhaps a string quartet at the Horizon might be rather nice!!!
No, I think Arillas should stay as it is.  There is a good mixture of things to enjoy and plenty of places for music both traditional and modern in Arillas.  Each of the establishments vying for your custom uses their experience to entice you in with their own type of entertainment, so its never dull and there's something for everyone.
Best wishes
PJ

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline keith(geezer)

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 12:12:28 AM »
whot can i say but arillas here i come but not till next yr that say`s it all i THINK LOL

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 01:12:05 AM »
My only negative thought is that we didn't discover Arillas sooner, but positive that we'll keep on returning!
I too, don't think we need a separate thread for negativity (?) as every member of the forum is free to express himself/herself however he/she feels, and is appreciated for it
Janis x

Offline biglee

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • clements locksmiths
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 04:18:14 AM »
Keep the thread

There will be no posts..

Arillas you’ve got it spot on for me –  gods little acre
I LOVE ARILLAS IT'S GODS LITTLE ACRE.

DONT ASK FOR CHANGE IT'S PERFECT THE WAY IT Is

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 09:05:51 AM »
Even after losing my husbands mum 2 years ago whilst in Arillas and mine this June we are still going back in Sept.This time we will say our prayers for hubbys dad whilst away.We though lightening couldnt strike twice but it did.

Booking.com