Author Topic: Hiring a bike in Arillas  (Read 7774 times)

Offline alis

Hiring a bike in Arillas
« on: July 22, 2009, 09:22:02 AM »
Hey,

We're going to travel to Arillas on 21 next mounth and I would like to know whether me and my boyfriend can hire a bike there?

Is it possible to hire bikes for couple of days or can we use them only one day? We would like to be able to go to other villages easily and with bike it would be definitely more fun than by car :)

I would also like to know how much does it cost?

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Hiring a bike in Arillas
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 03:23:01 PM »
hi alis, lucky you!
do you mean a motorbike or a push bike? wouldnt like to go up those hills on a pushbike!!
we hired a motorbike from the little shop next door to vavillas supermarket (cant remember what it was called) the have lots of mopeds, but they got a 125 trial bike for us from st george, only took about 30 mins, we called in on the off chance and within an hour we were zooming around the area! i think it was about 23 euros for the day, hope this helps
ger x

Offline alis

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 04:45:57 PM »
Thanks for your answer!

I meant push bike :D but if it's really so hilly maybe it would be nice to hire moped or something.. But I'm a little concerned about the traffic there, I think it's quite different here in Finland ;)

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 05:08:17 PM »
don't worry hardly any traffic in arillas! only if you venture further like sidari or even corfu town(nightmare) but around arillas, san stefano, afionas (a must) st george. hardly any traffic, just hills and bends!!
ger x

Offline tonynglenda

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 08:42:24 PM »
I have m.s. and find walking any distance difficult, the last two times we have been to arillas we have hired a quad bike. olgas travel sorted it out for us, the hire company is in san steph but he delivers it and collects it, the price per day i think was 30 euros but in june we hired a bigger sized engined bike (100cc) for 3 days and it cost 85 euros and i have to say it was worth every bit of it. travelling through all the small villages at your own pace is blissful , you dont have to worry about traffic as only the main roads have any meaningfull traffic on them .we dont ride a bike at home so dont worry about riding a quad in and around arillas. you will love it.we shall be asking in september when we return how much it will be to hire one for 2 weeks we love it that much.

Offline kriopigi girl

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 09:01:06 PM »
There is a place at the top of the road past the bakers and the Gallini to your left there  that hires bikes either by the hour or day and is very reasonable. We were going to do that last June but kept putting off because of the heat.

Pauline

Booking.com