Author Topic: A good question for everyone about food?  (Read 13582 times)

Offline Lindypops

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: A good question for everyone about food?
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 02:17:32 AM »
Agree Terry. Bianco is so good. You`re talking food, n I`m there again!
Lindypops.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 02:41:14 AM »
As usual I have so much to say. The doctor threatened to sew my lips up.

I am drooling at all these posts. A big part of the Arillas experience is the amazing food. You can eat anything you like, but the seafood and traditional Corfiot dishes are the best.

We shared a meal with the family at Amourada October before last, and we just joined in with all the various things that were on offer. The home made wine was lovely. We made the mistake of ordering something off the menu, but in the end we were just sharing their family's evening meal. The rain fell down, we had a great laugh, and it made us realise how good life is out there.

JohntheRef asked holiday or home? You can have both. But for us it is HOME.

Phil

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 03:25:31 PM »
All I can say is "ship it in"!   I love it all...can eat the starters all night.

My all time favourite though is Sofrito at the Captains, Sea Bass at Efies.... ooh! with garlic and herbs... luvverly!  Costas Kleftiko with mustard..  Mike is Costas Farmers salad, its huge! and their stuffed meatballs..

Our first meal we shall never forget was lunch at the Brouklis... we had just arrived - about 10 mins in our apartment and straight to the beach....en route we met Dimitris for the first time and couldnt resist our first Mythos and meatballs and sardines -- we have never forgotton that!

Oh and the herby Souvlaki  they served up with the bread and lovely wine at the Wine Festival... simple but so nice!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 03:50:18 PM »
Starters - Vegetable Soup at Brouklis

Mains = Sea Bream at Vavilas/Pastitsada at Akti

Dessert = Chocolate Mousse at Portofino.

Lunch = Pork Chops at Thalassa or Spaghetti Bolognese at Efythia.

I need all these dishes flying over to me right NOW!!

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2009, 04:07:15 PM »
The Pastidsada at Kostas on The Beach is superb - the meat just falls apart in your mouth. Hubby would go for Stifado at Kostas too.  I had the homemade Baclava there too and it was fantastic - not too nutty or sickly. 
Best "fast food" was Gyros Platter at Splish Splash (Kaloudis Village) - unfortunately only tried it there for the first time on our last day but it was wonderful. The meat was all meat, no fat.

Offline tonynglenda

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2009, 09:36:28 PM »
All the times we've been to arillas we've never ever had a bad meal. I love all the traditional corfiot meals. Tony is not so adventurous but he always enjoys as well. Our favourite meal of any day is our breakfast at sea breeze. Toast, jam, bacon, sausage, eggs, beans, tomatoes, fried bread, black pudding, mushrooms, tea and juice all for 4.50 euros! With a fab view thrown in as well. You dont need anything else til evening after that lot.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2009, 10:31:45 PM »
I forgot about the breakfasts... we usually go to the Captains after a long early morning walk... the fried bread is fantastic which is a treat as its usually not allowed!..
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2009, 10:35:59 PM »
Exactly tonynglenda. But we have sampled some of the best food the world can offer here in Arillas.

This list will inevitably miss something out as my dear Jen has reminded me but oh well, some of the dishes will still get served.

Stamna
Stifado
Bourdetto
Bianco
Spit roast lamb
Garlic prawns
Sea bream
Stifado
Moussaka
Sofrito
Bifteki
Souvlaki
Pasitsio
Pastitsada
Spit roast chicken

I'm getting bored trying to remember them all. If you want scrambled eggs on toast just ask. Nearly everywhere has done that for me. In fact everywhere I have asked has done it for me. Food is Arillas, Arillas is food.

I only put on 5 pounds (2kg) this time. Now that's a miracle

Phil

Offline ronmonkey

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • andy and the boy, @the atki may2009
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2009, 02:41:38 PM »
egg on toast with tomatoes at portofino for breakfast (never before 11.30 :-) )

a pint of lunch at the rainbow

keftedes or sardines at brouklis

can't remember what the name was but we had this fantastic meatballs dish at brouklis one night

pastitsada at portofino

stamna at kostos

didn't have it this time but definately on ther list for next time is the mixed grill at the atki, my mate had it and it looked fantastic

i could go on............and on............and on...........

Offline garyr

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2009, 03:03:08 PM »
All I can say from all your comments is that everyone as the same opinion that the food is fantastic everywere you eat, but its not the food its the experience of arillas that if you had to put into words what would you say, heaven? pure bliss? most relaxing place you have ever been too? All I can say is I have 5 weeks to go before I go back and after reading all your posts I think i will be a bout a stone heavier when I get back

Offline Alan and Jan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2009, 03:26:49 PM »
Come on guys, leave it out. Going on about all this gorgeous food. It's 45 days before we are in Arillas and all you are doing is making us extremely envious. Sod it I'll have to make a huge prawn saganaki for dinner tomight.
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2009, 09:04:19 PM »
Phil is that all in 1 sitting ;-) i must admit i am now really looking forward to a Kleftico or Stamna and dolmades to start with or should i have spicy meatballs or stuffed peppers ?
Only 17 days to go now PS best not forget the mythos to wash all that gorgeous grub down with
                                 Tony

Offline georgia

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2009, 02:08:42 AM »
Gosh this is a difficult one..have never had a bad meal in Arillas. Favourites off the top of my head though have to be...Graziella Stifado and also their baby squid.
Amourada for grilled calves liver mouth watering just thinking of it and Vavillas for all fish but also for their meatballs...they are to die for!! We ate at the Brouklis last year just went on Dimitris recommendation of the night and that was superb.
I love everything about Arillas yet one of the nicest things for me is that the hardest decision I have to make all day is where and what to eat..when that is the most taxing question of your day...and you know that whatever choice you make the outcome will be a satisfying one...then you know you are in paradise!! xx

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2009, 12:16:10 AM »
I must agree with you georgia.
The most hardest decision is where and what to eat.
We have now decided to take turns on who decides where to eat,
that only gives me a headache seven times during the holiday.

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2009, 08:47:00 AM »
I must admit it was nice getting a Gyro to eat walking back to the Mathraki then calling in to Zorbas for an ouzo as a night cap

Booking.com