Author Topic: Mathraki Studios  (Read 18407 times)

Offline alis

Mathraki Studios
« on: August 02, 2009, 08:47:24 PM »
We're going to stay at the Mathraki Studios from 21st August till 28th August. Can somebody tell me about the hotel? I know it's not a luxury hotel but is there something good to say about it? :)

I've heard that people that run that place are nice and helpful, I really hope that they are :)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: Mathraki Studios
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 08:54:32 PM »
Alis, there are lots of comments about Mathraki under independent accommodation....all positive!
Sandy x

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 08:56:44 PM »
Stayed there last august and loved the place i would not hesitate in booking there again we arrived around 11pm and Laura made us very welcome it was cases in the room and a few ice cold mythos before we turned in the views from the apartment were spectacular looking out to Gravia and the sea,heres a link to my webshots photo page click on Corfu 2008 there are quit a few pics of Mathraki apartments and views from it, hope this helps
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/565900804jjvIgX

Tony

Offline Linsey

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 12:23:54 AM »
Hellol

We have just returned from our second visit to the Mathraki studios and had a great time. They are family run and they are on hand from early morning until late at night to help with anything. Laura and Akis are probably who you will meet most (cousins I think) with their mums doing a great job of all of the housekeeping. The studios are really simply furnished but have everything you would need and stay nice and cool during the day with air conditioning available if you need it. They are kept really clean with toilet bins emptied every day and fresh towels every couple of days. The food at the pool bar is really tasty and they will cook for you until really late at night if you find yourselves having a restful night. They are ideally situated from the village - a 3/4 minute walk will take you to the main street and seafront and they are in a peaceful spot. Balconies have a nice view of the sea and we enjoyed a couple of bottles of champagne out there (our holiday treat from duty free!). Most of the guests this year are Scandanavian and seemed to be quite quiet, getting up early to go to the beach.
I am sure that you will have a lovely time - enjoy!

Offline alis

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 02:52:23 PM »
Thanks for your answers!

It is so nice to hear good things about Mathraki Studios, and that makes me even more excited about the trip, can't wait to get there!! :)

I found other comments about the hotel and I spent time reading those positive comments in terrible flu! But I feel much better now ;) I hope I'll get well before we're leaving this chilly (OK, it's not really chilly, 21 degrees :D) Finland and head to Arillas sun <3

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 03:16:16 PM »
Hi Alis,

Stayed at Mathraki last May and have no doubt you will have a fantastic time there.  They are a lovely family and the apartments are just great.  Clean, peaceful and comfortable with fab views from the balcony.

Chill out and enjoy.

Sharon x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 06:45:08 PM »
Alis

Mathraki is a good place to stay and has a good familly to ensure you have a good time. Basic Appts but all you need to chill out after an evening at a Taverna of your choice. I think you will like the pool area as it's nicely laid out and not too far to walk for a top up to take back to your sunbed.
A good location, not too far to the beach etc and just of the main track to avoid any potential noisy vehicles.

If you are computer literate then take the time to involve, son , Akis is a conversation.
( He's the comp whizz kid of Arillas )
His room has more terminals n printers that the Microsoft head office.

Cheers
Negg

Offline georgia

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 03:58:26 AM »
Hello Alis,
We stayed ther last year for a week in September and enjoyed it so much that we have booked for 2 weeks this time. The accomodation is simple yet very clean..what more do you need..and the family running the Mathraki are very helpful without being intrusive....just perfect! x

Offline alis

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 10:12:28 AM »
Thanks again for your answers!

I spend almost all my freetime here reading comments about Arillas, I think I'm a bit addicted to Arillas even though I haven't been there yet!

We were planning to take our laptop with us when we heard that there is free hotspot for internet acces at the Mathraki Studios. But are there computers that everyone can use? Although it would be nice to use our laptop while relaxing by the pool ;)

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 09:03:04 PM »
Hi Alis there are computers to use at Helens creperie down on the front just ask George he rarely charged us last year as we had a few drinks there ,you could also try a ferrero roche crepe while your there just dont gunge his keyboard up lol
                                                                 Tony

Offline georgia

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 01:37:04 AM »
Hi Alis,
I would take your own laptop if I were you, we always do. The hotspot at Mathraki works well no problem with getting reception, nice to sit overlooking pool with a beer whilst logged on. We arrive there on Sept 1st for 2weeks...counting off the days.
We have visited Arillas 5times and were hooked after first visit...guarantee you will be too...we are not known as Arillas Addicts for nothing..lol! xx

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 01:39:05 AM »

nice to sit overlooking pool with a beer whilst logged on.

Georgia, you say the nicest things....
Phil

Offline Quack John

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2009, 09:59:48 PM »
We're heading out to Arillas on Monday (24th August) and will be staying at Mathraki. After hearing all the wonderful things about it we can't wait!

John

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2009, 10:09:05 PM »
Hope you have a great time!
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2009, 04:18:41 AM »
Quack John, swim in the sea. It's mostly two feet deep though. Sunbathe with no clothes on at the far end of the beach. Drink a Mythos in Kaloudis (only a small one though - it's all they do) Eat Bourdetto or spit roast lamb at Brouklis. Enjoy a laugh at Rainbow.. Just do what Jen and Phil do. Arillas will speak to you. But now you're going to tell me yous are ones who have done exactly that for the last twenty years. So many others have said that to us during our time there.

Mathraki is a superb place to stay, whether you want pool and sunbed, or walks and seaside. Some of our trusted friends used to stay there till they built their own place in Afionas. You will LOVE it. BTW look at Villa Linnakis...

Phil

Booking.com