Author Topic: First Time  (Read 8461 times)

Offline Ally

First Time
« on: May 02, 2005, 04:03:45 PM »
My boyfriend and our friends are visiting Arillas for the first time this year, and i was wondering if anyone could help me with some queries.
  Is there a cash point, or somewhere to change travellers cheques?
We are staying at the hotel Marvellous and it says air conditioning payable locally, how much and where?
Is it easy to get to the aqua park from there, without a hire car?
thanks
Ally

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
first time
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 04:15:00 PM »
hi ally there isnt any cash point machine but there is plenty of places you can change money or travellers cheques. i cant help you about the place you are staying but if you look through the site you will find things written about it. some of the other members will be able to tell you more about the pprice of the air conditioning, you will enjoy self i am sure have a great time when you go alex

Offline Dave & Rachel

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
first time
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 06:25:39 PM »
The family who run the marvelous are great, very freindly & helpful, you will have a great time, when are you going by the way. :)  :)

Offline Dave & Rachel

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
first time
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 06:26:22 PM »
The family who run the marvelous are great, very freindly & helpful, you will have a great time, when are you going by the way. :)  :)

Offline Ally

First Time
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 08:45:08 PM »
We are travelling on Mon 15th August
Ally

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
First Time
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 10:13:01 PM »
Hello Ally,

The nearest cash point to Arillas is in Sidari, travelling by taxi it could be between 12-15 euros each way.

If you are not hiring a car I think that perhaps you may be better booking a trip to the Aqua Park thru either of the 2 local travel shops.

Eileenx

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
First Time
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 12:28:04 PM »
Hi Ally,
Just adding to the above comments and answering your queries, best to have sterling trav. cheqs. as better exchange and you can change them in a few places in Arillas, the Arillas car hire place changes all currency and has safe deposit boxes as well.
As Eileen says nearest cashpoint is Sidari ( it has been walked to,its about 3 miles) no doubt you would go to Corfu town 1 day and there is a daily bus that goes once a day, there & back.
For the Aqua park,by car or I think that the travel agents arrange trips there ?We have never been as you've got the nice Sea & Pools around Arillas, and I don't like crowds!!!!!!!!!!especially in August.

Paul/Deb5

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
First Time
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2005, 01:39:56 PM »
Hi Aly

Ive stayed at Marvellous a couple times - the Makris family are fab, the hotel is lovely with a pool.  Air conditioning is now installed in all the rooms and you pay by the week (I think) ... and you may need it, its hot hot hot.

Aly

Booking.com