Author Topic: Armourada  (Read 10807 times)

Offline Arillasrep

Armourada
« on: August 07, 2009, 10:36:33 AM »
Was told by someone that food at armourada was not very good so went and checked it out. had starters and shared them an oven baked feta and tzatziki the strong stuff!! Then for mains we had pastitsada and he had a steak and it was delicious!!! The portions were huge, the prices were great and Leo was so helpful so would recommend it!

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Armourada
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 11:42:52 AM »
Agreed. We have eaten there several times. Food always good, service friendly and very reasonable price. Try it!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 02:06:32 PM »
Armourada is one of the few places that stays open in the Winter to look after all the locals. - The food and the good company suits us very well.
Negg

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 02:10:18 PM »
I agree too, I think it is a very good place to eat and their cheesecake is to die for

Mary :)

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 03:12:26 PM »
I have always loved Armourada and the food is always delicious. And you get a service with a smile from Leo and Vassilis.

I remember last September there was a couple in the next table who remarked to Leo as they were leaving: "The spaghetti bolognese doesn't taste like it does in England". :D when I stopped laughing I ordered another beer.

We are but many ;)
Life is good ;)

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 09:26:03 PM »
This is The Armourada's famous sea food platter !
Hope I don't burn !

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 09:56:31 PM »
Looks gorgeous Barry, that will be my next meal there. But they offer a huge range of choices as well. If we manage to be there October half term this year, we will eat in Armourada several times in the week, like we did year before last.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 04:43:44 PM »
we went there for the first time last year and became regulars during our holiday, we have had lovely relaxed meals there.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 06:10:35 PM »
We have never been but think we should.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 06:34:43 PM »
I try never to get too involved about food etc and what's good for one is not so good for tother etc etc Personal taste an all dat.

But.... Armourada played a very big part in keeping me and many others sane last Winter by being open for food , alcohol and even siting a dart board to give us all somehwere different to spend an enjoyabke evening.
Leon, Vassilis, Takis and family are very genuine people.Wanna bite to eat and the time will be spent in the kitchen for you. Just wanna drink and the service is the same.

Once again I have to say that if a Taverna stays open in the Winter to look after the locals than they have many plus points in their favor.
I hope , very much, to get Vassilis playing darts this Winter and will keep you updated.
( Unless he beats me then you will know nothing )

Cheers
Negg

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 07:30:32 PM »
That seafood platter looks worth investigation! I'll put it on the list for September
                                       Ivan

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 12:54:31 PM »
I have always found the family very friendly and Leon's girlfriend ,  Verena is lovely  she is a doctors receptionist and when I was getting treated for my bites she remembered me and as we were staying in San Stefanos at the time took us in her car to Amourada, where we ate a delicious meal, then drove us back to our appartment. They are all lovely people and we always make a point of having at least one meal in there and it's a good sign when you see lots of local people eating there. I can remember one time there was a Greek family and I decided I wanted to eat something really authentic, so I wanted to order what they were eating, well they all ordered   a big Greek salad to share, loads of bread buns and a plate of chips each, washed down with Ouzo. I thought well that makes me feel less of an ignorant tourist, I can enjoy eating chips here without feeling guilty!

Take Care

Mary

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 08:07:24 PM »
We've never eaten there but always intended to try... Don't know why, but each time we arrived there we decided to move on and try elsewhere.
Based on the previous comments we'll definitely go in next time. May 2010, unless we can save a few pennies and go in October (I wish!)

Offline kb62

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 08:45:05 PM »
the Armourada, is our most favourite place, so its got to be the first place we go when we arrive in arillas.
This year leon had seen us walking past during the day and when we went in , in the evening, we were intending to surprise him but he turned the tables, he,d set out our table and had the wine waiting for us.  We were made up.
He even remembered my husband johnnys favourite starter of sardines..........
Couldnt possibly ask for more.

Offline IanandSylvia

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2009, 01:19:41 PM »
SOLD!! 2 weeks = not enough!...
Ego gets - and forgets
Love gives - and forgives

Booking.com