Author Topic: Brouklis Rooms  (Read 5271 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Brouklis Rooms
« on: August 13, 2009, 09:31:07 PM »
Well we stayed for two weeks in early July. Everything was provided you might have wished for. Even the Royal Ionian beer in the fridge. We didn’t drink it until the day we left in case it got replaced which would have been wrong for us. Bloggers maybe, blaggers never.

Dimitris points out that there might be noisy people downstairs at the taverna until late. Well that’s all about how you define late. It never bothered us. There are noisier places to stay and many much quieter. Just ask any of the forum regulars.

The room we stayed in was actually the two bedroom apartment. We never used the other room, but a family of four would find it perfect. There are mozzie-proof screens at the patio windows, so you can breathe at night with doors open.  I slept like a baby the whole time, except the cold night when I covered myself with the provided bedspread.

There was a little kitchen (not same as singles I think) with kettle, fridge, mini cooker and sink, and a table and chairs for two. There were fresh flowers in the vase on the table as we arrived, another touch that our Greek hosts are so good at.

All in all, it more than met our expectations as a Greek holiday apartment, and in a perfect position to enjoy everything Arillas has to offer.

Someone else posted about paradise – Arillas is my idea of paradise and Brouklis rooms are the ringside seat. So glad we were there Dimitris.

Phil

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Brouklis Rooms
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 10:17:28 PM »
I would expect nothing less from Dimitris! We arrive on Monday and D very kindly, last minute, sorted out accommodation at Brouklis for our daughter....am so glad that you found it so good. OMG such bad grammar from a teacher of English....never mind, am on holiday!!!!
gaygo

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 10:44:41 PM »
Gaye luvver, she will love being a single at Brouklis. Walk out on the balcony and chatter with all who pass by, or the neighbours. We often made arrangements over the balcony to see people later on if we hadn't already done it on the forum smalltalk. We used to look out for John and Dot in the mornings and work out our next moves....

There were two youngsters (teens or twenties to yous and us) who chattered to us on the balcony. They had a whale of a time in Arillas. And staying at Brouklis was central to it.

As for grammar, come and teach in Somerset. You would lose the will to live.
lol (interpret that how you wish)
Phil

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 08:15:34 AM »
Dimitris points out that there might be noisy people downstairs at the taverna until late. Well that’s all about how you define late. It never bothered us. There are noisier places to stay and many much quieter. Just ask any of the forum regulars.

Yep, after 15 sleeps will be the third time when I will be staying in Brouklis Rooms and I love it!

Like Phil pointed out, "noise" and "late at night" are relative concepts for me too and I have nevr been bothered ;)

I have been staying there with friends but I have been staying there as a single traveller as well and works for me any which way :)

Life is good ;)

Booking.com