Author Topic: Christos Apartments  (Read 33250 times)

Offline karenansell1

Re: Christos Apartments
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 05:44:17 PM »
many thanks phil...hopefully see you next year...we like san stef so should love arillas...sorry we're not going to be able to sample the food this time !!!!!
lol
karen

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 06:10:40 PM »
Dimitris, I know how difficult it is for you and how many hours of worrying about this sort of thing you have to spend. But I believe you have achieved an instinctive and balanced result. You always seem to get it right.

The forum has been described as an "Arillas Worship Clique" and at the other end "My Winter Lifeline." I rather subscribe to the latter but could be accused of the other one. Well, as you know, I worship Arillas. I have read many negative reports on the forum but nowhere near as many of them as the joyous "I will be back" kind.

I make a special effort to look after newcomers to Arillas and the forum, as all your regulars do. I just hope they can share in what we all have, like those who have moved there for good. Surely that is what we are about?  

I agree about expressing honest opinions as I have said at length (ha ha - me again - mark it as read!) in many other threads. How can things get sorted otherwise? But when it could result in Court Cases of any description it is time to keep it off the forum. After all the plaintiff's case might be undermined, let alone prejudice of the defendant's case and justice might not be done.

Your forum is a very special thing. It is quite unlike most others, and is here for people to connect with each other. Jen and I have made many lifelong friends as a result of it. I could write a book about that (OH NO!) You must have read how we have connected with many people over just a couple of years. Keep doing the same as you are now. It works.

Phil

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 06:23:59 PM »
Karen, Jen has just picked me up short. She was about to post for you, but realised Ag Geogios SOUTH is much further down the coast from Arillas, it is not my Ag Gorgeous. It will still be good I expect, but I don't know anything about it. Call up a map of Corfu and work you way down the west coast (I think.) It is not in our Paleokastritsa to Acharavi part of Corfu.

Sorry to make more problems - I assumed you meant the next bay round from Arillas, Ag Georgios North. 

Corfu will deliver whatever, but I cannot help out of my "comfort zone." Jen has looked up Olympic and suggests you ask about Galini. They don't seem to advertise much but are in a quiet spot, surrounded by plenty of interesting places, opposite Elena Stella where we stayed last September. Very good reviews from BlondeGirl. They might put you there if you make enough fuss. And Fenos might be able to help with it. It will work for you I believe.

So sorry I misled.

Phil

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 06:58:50 PM »
If you want to see what Aghios Georgios South (Argyrades) is like, click the link at the top of this page for the San Stefano webcam. When that page opens there is a link to a webcam at Aghios Georgios South (Argyrades)
Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 07:10:38 PM »
Tell us more Geoff. Sounds like you love it. Obviously have never been there long enough to appreciate, so hope you can help karen with your views and philandjen with places we want to go next year or avrio.

Phil

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2009, 08:07:25 PM »
Karen,

St. George South has it's own forum and website... http://stgeorgesouthcorfu.webs.com/

If Olympic are offering you alternative accom' down there you might want to check it out first.

Please keep us updated.

Eileen.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2009, 11:17:06 AM »
We were thinking of St. George South too if we cant get anywhere for our dates next year... our friends have been two years running to Adriana Apartments and love it.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2009, 03:43:44 PM »
Sorry Phil / Karen - can't help any more than that. It's Arillas that I love, I just happened to spot that link to the web cam and thought it might help.
I did go there once on a quick drive around the island, it looks OK, and it is flat, but thats all I can say.
Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Offline karenansell1

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2009, 06:56:46 PM »
hi all...have been on the st george website and it looks ok...as you all say it seems fairly flat...have asked their forum for views on food so fingers crossed we will find somewhere that sounds as good as brouklis and graziella...we'll be in arillas or san stef next year though,wheelchair or no wheelchair.
many thanks folks
lol
karen and family

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2009, 08:13:46 PM »
Karen

As far as my ole brain cells will remember St Geoge south is a short drive to Kavos and Benitses etc. Should you hire a car you can explore these places during the day.
( It's only at night,I think, when life becomes more "Lively" - Aaargh! )

I remember St George south, from many years ago. The beach is and should sill be a big expanse of sand and many Tavernas to chose from. - Have a good un and see you all in Arillas at some very near point in time.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2009, 10:02:10 PM »
Hi Karen at the end of the day you got the tour operator to acknowledge the fact that the holiday you were sold was not suitable for the needs of your family which is whats important here.
By coming on to this forum you were able to make an informed decision based on the knowledge of forum members who have stayed at various locations and some who could empathise with the difficulties encountered when managing a wheelchair.

It may not have been Arillas this time but for all the right reasons,but next time you will now know that by popping on here folks will always help and guide you to the most suitable accommodation to fulfill your holiday needs,which I think is very important when you have to plan a holiday.
Have a fab holiday
Ang

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2009, 11:54:29 PM »
Hi Karen,
St George South is lovely so don't worry. It has two long, sandy beaches, lots of bars & restaurants. I believe that it may be the only place that does direct boat trips to Paxos as opposed to going via Corfu Town and at a really good price.  Check out the Kafesas Taverna near Golden Beach, it's fabulous.  You will enjoy it there.

Karen.

Offline greg

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2010, 11:15:23 PM »
Hi all i have stayed at these apartments twice and have been made to feel welcome on both occasions. I know some people have had problems with certain things but i have never encountered this.
 The appartments are basic but clean and for me have been an ideal base for my holidays the last 2 years. Yes the hill can be tough after a few beers but for me it has been worth it. I have always found the people there to be very nice.

riggers

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2010, 11:22:57 PM »
Good for you Greg..... are you going back this year ??

Offline Sammy1

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2010, 01:04:59 PM »
everybody is made to feel welcome, it is called priming!

Booking.com