Author Topic: Thomsons - empty seats?  (Read 6535 times)

Offline Alan and Jan

• Arillas Addict
Thomsons - empty seats?
« on: August 21, 2009, 03:18:47 PM »
We fly out from Doncaster at 0645 on 11th September returning on the 25th from Corfu.

Out of interest I've been on the Thomson website and input our holiday info again as above.  There are 18 holidays available in Corfu using the same flight. None in Arillas bytheway.  I think the cheapest holiday was about £850ish. Also ckecked flight only and these are available at £614 (nearly choked at that even though it is for two).

So it appears that there may be empty seats on our flight. Have those that have already been to Corfu had empty seats on their flights?
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
Re: Thomsons - empty seats?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 08:36:28 PM »
Not yet but a bit of extra room is always welcome
Did have a lot of empty seats when we went to Malta a few years ago in early May.

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 04:27:59 AM »
Hi Rothers!
I always use Thomson when I fly from Cardiff CWL. Every flight so far has been full, no empty seats available despite the rather high prices! In May £350, but I have booked for 2nd. October to 16th. and this one is only £178 plus tax etc which worked out at £208! Apparently these two weeks are 'not popular' as it's just before the half term, hence the lower price, and as you should be able to guess, the cost escalates thereafter.
Another fact was made obvious to me on my last flight and that is Thomson sell flights to 'sister' companies if they do have any seats going spare, so ensuring a full plane every trip. So no chance of 'cheap' flights with this airline. They do however provide a superb service and I have always been extremely pleased with them as an airline, nothing is too much trouble, and as a single passenger, I am always made to feel welcome.
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 04:39:30 AM »
Our EasyJet flight back to hell (er England) on 21st July was half empty. Jen and me shared a whole row of seats across the Airbus A319. Apparently more people fly in to Corfu than fly out... They did that day, and if they were going to Arillas I really understand why.

A rare experience, but we had legroom, endless space and I STILL HATED IT. Air travel only works for me when Arillas is on the other end. Then I just get through it.

Phil

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 09:02:35 AM »
Apparently more people fly in to Corfu than fly out... They did that day, and if they were going to Arillas I really understand why.

Me too :) And an empty seat next to me on a plane is always a bonus as I can have two trays for my drinks and snacks and the hand rest up in between ;)
Life is good ;)

Offline tonynglenda

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 10:22:18 AM »
We had empty seats on our flight back in june. It was good as we had extra room. The cabin crew actually came around and asked everyone if they wanted to spread out. (thomas cook) I think there was quite a few empty. Dont know where all the people went as it was full on the way out.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 12:38:05 PM »
I'm surprised phil....every time I have travelled with Easyjet the plane has been practically full, even last October.
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 01:05:16 PM »
So were we Sandy luvver. We have done plenty of EasyJet and they are usually crammed in the aisles. What fascinated us was how the flight out was full but the one back was half empty. And in last week of July??

So wish we could stowaway on yours in a few days time... Oh well.

Phil

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 03:34:40 PM »
Sorry phil....no room. I'm only taking hand luggage this time.....and I couldn't lift you both onto the shelf....lol
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 08:04:20 PM »
You might manage me Sandy luvver - have been on a diet since we got back. I only weigh a stone more than I did when we first found Arillas. It used to be two...

It is called the Poffley diet. When hungry I pour another vodka frappe. I spend lunchtimes at the pub with a limit of four pints. Then I am allowed to go home and have half a litre of vodka but no food but plenty of forum. A tin of lentil soup for breakfast (Mythos not available) and wait till lunchtime... with a vodka frappe or three. Back on the net pricing up flights to Corfu, reminiscing about clandestine meetings outside the bakery when the hair was walking down mad alley between Tria and Rainbow.

Ah Sandy meluvver, I don't begrudge you the upcoming time in heaven. But I so wish that Jen and me could share it with you and all of our friends.

Phil

riggers

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 08:10:55 PM »
Have been on a couple of occasions when empty seats, loved it...i would like the plane to myself  :)

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 10:26:50 PM »
Practically every plane we've travelled on has been packed, regardless of where we were going.  Only remember one that wasn't and that was a Virgin 747 in 2001 going to Miami.  No leg room wherever we sat............

lynn xx

Booking.com