Author Topic: prices  (Read 6251 times)

Offline leslind

prices
« on: August 23, 2009, 04:11:28 PM »
what are prices like in arillas/san steph this year we are going in september have they been hiped up like in spain

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: prices
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 05:50:41 PM »
Leslind

Prices haven't been put up here but you just have to bear in mind that a very good meal for two last year might have been 26 euros ( £19 )

This year , due to the exchange rate, that same meal may cost you £22.

Many Taverna / Hotel owners in North Corfu have held their "euro" prices because they value your custom and want you to come back.

Supermarket prices have risen slightly though on some goods but we can't do anythng about that - ( Just like the UK )

Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 07:07:46 PM »
In July 2009 at the peak of season, everything cost the same as last September 2008. In euros of course. The cheapest beer is at the Sea Breeze. Draught Amstels 1.5 euros. But Jen and me don't come cheap... we drink everywhere! Inflation non-existent in Arillas right now.
Phil

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 07:10:36 PM »
I agree....nothing was up in price but it just felt a bit dearer due to exchange rate.
Sandy x

Offline graham

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 01:39:37 PM »
We're coming back to Arillas at the end of September for a week, we've already been to Kefalonia and Rhodes this year and I have to agree that Greece does feel more expensive this year but I think it's more down to the exchange rate than the businesses. In Rhodes, quite a few of the restaraunts were offering specials and fixed price menu's but I just tend to eat where they do the nicest food! Bring back the Drachma!
A woman has the last word in any argument, anything a man says after that is the start of a new argument!

Booking.com