Author Topic: Villa Theia  (Read 26121 times)

Offline Rob B

Villa Theia
« on: August 24, 2009, 07:58:00 PM »
Hi everyone. I'm just back from 2 weeks at Villa Theia & as I always find other people's independent reviews helpful I thought I'd add mine here too:
I don't normally do reviews but having stayed in this Villa, the owners deserve to succeed &, honestly, I'm not connected to them in any way.  Dealing with the owner, Sara, has been a joy as she comes over as very genuine & likeable.
The Villa is located between Arillas & Afionas in a stunning spot looking down an Olive & Cyprus tree laden valley to the sea & out to the nearby Islands.  Watch out for the very steep drive but once parked this brand new Villa is gorgeous.  Generously & tastefully fitted out with loads of nice individual touches that give the impression this is someone's home rather than a cold holiday let. We were so impressed by the welcome pack eg 2 large bottles of beer, nice bottle of wine, 2 bottles of water, large bottle of coke, large pack of ham, cheese, butter, 2 loafs of bread & the list goes on.  Lovely touches such as dishwasher tablets, toilet roll, washing up liquid all replenished for us during the holiday. Full clean, towels & sheet changes every 3 days by the simply wonderful Penny & Bob who are truly lovely people. Then the best left until last are the sunsets as all Forum members will know- I know people go on about these everywhere but photos can't do them justice here.  We didn't eat out as much as usual because wherever we went we felt the view back at the Villa was far more stunning than any Taverna could offer. We'd eat out on the Veranda as the sun set & the Swallows dipped down for a scoop of water from the pool.
We always believe there are too many places to visit & not enough time to see them all so we never revisit the same place but for the first time ever we've returned home & rebooked for next year already. http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/corfu/76640

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Villa Theia
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 08:13:33 PM »
A really nice post and credit has to be due to Gary n Sara for how they have planned and furnished the Villa. It's a little taste of luxury which, I think, all of us deserve now n again. ...And, as you say, extra credit must also be due to Bob n Penny who look after all guests and I know they enjoy this very much. Meeting new faces etc.
( Although I'm suprised Bob hasn't persuaded Gary n Sara to put a dartboard up! )

It's great to see all these Villas around Arillas which give, in my opinion, good value for money and also bring in more people to Arillas.

You guys out there are spoilt for choice.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 08:44:37 PM »
Well done Sara and Gary.  It takes a lot of hard work and determination to make a dream come true so well done in getting there and making a success of it. 

Need A Holiday - I've met Sara and can confirm that she's just as genuine and likable in the flesh!

Eileenx

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 09:04:25 PM »
Thats a fantastic review Sara.  It must be so lovely to hear such lovely comments after what I'm sure has been a long and difficult road at times! Well done x

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 08:21:51 AM »
Lovely review Needaholiday!

And I am sure it is well deserved for Sara & her family, Bob, Penny and the magic of Arillas :)
Life is good ;)

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 10:44:32 AM »
I can add my confirmation to Eileens - They are both very genuine and nice people. I met Gary and Sara for the first time when they were over at the beginning of the year putting the finishing touches to the Villa ready for letting it out. I know how hard they have worked to get to this stage, and they deserve all the praise and success that will surely come their way.
Congratulations guys - look forward to meeting you again soon.
Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 11:18:31 AM »
Well done Sara....what a lovely report. Congratulations! Hope to meet you soon....
Sandy x

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 11:18:37 AM »
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments.

Needaholiday - I'm glad you considered our villa a home, rather than just a holiday let. Thats the impression I wanted to create & your booking for next year tells me more than any words that you must have thouroughly enjoyed your holiday. Thank you for the lovely review - your comments make everything we've been through all worthwhile & mean such a lot.

I really can't take all the credit though. It's Gary that has had to pay for 'our dream' [& still is paying!!] He has worked hard all life & credit goes to him too.
Also I don't know how we would manage without our wonderful Penny & Bob. They do a geat job taking care of the villa & ALL of my guests simply adore them.

Thanks also to Neill & Wendy who have helped us from the start & to our very own Eileen, who I can't thank enough for her good advice & tips - she's lovely "in the flesh" too everyone.

Thanks Dimitris for letting me advertise on your website & to all the lovely Arillas people who have made us welcome over the years. Also Spiros & Aggie of Corfubuild & everyone involved in building our dream home.

Finally a BIG THANK YOU to everyone on the forum who have offered us praise & encouragement. I've met a few of you & I feel that I've made some true friends.

Can I collect my Oscar award now - I sound like Kate Winslet!!.

Sara.....................xx

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 06:15:40 PM »
ha ha Sara, I actually pictured you clutching that award! But seriously, you must be so proud to get comments like that. Well done!

Offline Rob B

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 10:56:05 PM »
Hi all,
Having had my holiday I've changed my profile from Needaholiday to Rob B.  I suppose I could have changed it to Hadagreatholiday but then what do I do when next one approaches.  All too complicated.
What I'd meant to add to the original post - & no brown nosing intended to our host - is what a lovely guy Dimitris is. Good eg is that when we followed Sara's excellent instructions on navigating we still managed to get lost as we approached Arillas (obviously I'm not blaming my wife Sue who like all women is an excellent navigator...cough, cough) but I remembered Dimitris at Brouklis knew about the Villa.  Even though it was lunch time & he'd never met us before, Dimitris dropped tools & drove out to Villa Theia with us following.  What a lovely thing to do!!  As for his restaurant, not a Steak & Kidney Pie or Chicken & Chips in sight thank goodness & long may the excellent food there continue!  If anyone should be new to Arillas then for goodness sake do yourself a favour & have a top authentic home cooked meal at Bouklis!!  What was that pudding called Dimitris?  Not the Baclava but that other one-gorgeous!
Now that's the end of the unprompted plugs- after this I want commission- only joking.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 01:06:36 AM »
It was probably galactoboureko Rob B. Fits the description perfectly. justphil and justjen justlove it!

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 11:54:55 AM »
Yes, I thought probably galaktoboureko too.  And Colin and justlynn just love it too!!

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 12:21:32 PM »
Phil & Lynn - is that the custard pie type dessert?

Even though it was lunch time & he'd never met us before, Dimitris dropped tools & drove out to Villa Theia with us following.  What a lovely thing to do!!

Rob, that is typical of our Dimitris - in fact, of most of the Arillas people. They are just soooo welcoming & nice & it's this which makes Arillas so special. Well, one of the reasons.

I must take a look at my directions & double check them - can't think where you went wrong, having said that, we got lost just last May & somehow ended up in Pagi. That was my fault though.
Once, when we arrived at Orlando airport a few years ago, I was navigating as usual - after half an hour driving we had arrived back at the airport & then there was the time we were going to Abergavenny & ended up by the coast? - I don't know how that got there!! - I'll say no more except I have improved - I think.

Sara.
P.S Baclava for me everytime - if I can manage it.

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 12:51:18 PM »
Hi Sara - yes, galaktoboureko does look like a custard pie, but the filling is very light and tastes lemony.  Agree about the baklava too, when there's room for it...........

Also have to say many congratulations to you and Gary on obviously getting it so right with Villa Theia.  The photos look fabulous and you are already obtaining happy visitors, long may it continue!

lynn xx

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 01:03:57 PM »
Hi Sara. Concur with Lynn - it is light and lemony and very fattening! But a treat no-one should miss. Dimitris once told me what the title means - if I remember after all the rose wine - "pudding of the stars." Or was it "pudding from heaven?" Both are suitable names!

JohntheRef drove us past Villa Theia in July. It is stunning and has breathtaking views. No wonder you and Gary get such rave reviews!

Phil

Booking.com