Author Topic: Villa Theia  (Read 26145 times)

Offline Rob B

Re: Villa Theia
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 05:16:49 PM »
That's the one, it's Galaktoboureko.  Flipping delicious- we had to book the night that Dimitris told us it was on. Lovely.

As for navigating incidents, many years ago, Sue genuinely navigated me in to a Majorcan army firing area & we only realised when a group of soldiers we were driving by waved rifles at us & ordered a turn around swiftly.  No doubt it's far more secure these days.

Sara- We only got lost at the junction just after the supermarket where you go straight on to Afionas. Instead we carried on down to Arillas.  Don't think you need to change your instructions at all- very clear!

One thing you should add to your instructions are that when you pass the big orange building at the traffic lights on the main road before you turn off to Troumbeta Pass there is the best bakery on the Island by a long way called Emeral which is about half a mile past the traffic lights on the left hand side.  Best everything anywhere there.  A superb place to stock up when you arrive or are departing.

Offline Sara

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2009, 03:21:39 PM »
We have just returned home after 10 wonderful days in Arillas. The weather was quite good the first week & we were able to get out & we walked for miles. At night we had some very heavy rain & some spectacular thunder & lightening storms.

It was nice to come home to Villa Theia & it felt more like home this time. We had friends staying with us the first week & one night I cooked dinner, we opened a few bottles of wine, we lit the fire for the very first time & then we sat down & watched Mamma Mia. It was so cosy.
The garden is looking quite good now & we have grass!!!! Well, sort of. It's still very patchy & theres lots of weeds in it. Lets just say, it's a challenge for our gardener.

Because we had friends staying we visited the usual tourist attractions. Paleocastritsa, Kassiopi & Kalami etc, but they too have become Arilliac's. They simply loved the area & they will definitely be back.

We spent many hours in our 'local' the Night Owl. Thank you Linda & Niko for making us feel part of the community. Niko is even bringing Makis his donkey to graze amongst our olive trees. Our good neighbour Spiridoula brought us 5 litres of olive oil, olives & nougat. She's so nice, but she can't speak English & I only know a few phrases in Greek, but we get by.
We had some very good meals at Brouklis [I tried the Galaktoboureko & the rose wine & I can too confirm that they are delicious] also Portofino, Night Owl, Mon Amour & the new Porto Timoni Restaurant. We also stopped for drinks at the ideally located!! Gravia Bar.

It was good to see Neill again & Eileen. Shame we missed each other again Viv. IF we go over in January as planned, Gary & myself have been put down to play darts, so watch out everyone - I can't even through a ball straight!!

I've posted a few of my favourite photos taken last week.

Sara.........x

Arillas beach last week.

View from Villa Theia after the heavy storms. The clay washed down into the sea has changed the colour of the water.

Sorry, but I just had to post these cute little kittys. [Photo taken at the Monastry, Paleocastritsa]

Our friend Clive lighting the fire for the first time. As someone who sells logs & installs woodburners, this was the highlight of his holiday!!

Photo of Villa Theia taken from the Arillas to Afionas roadside.

Finally, can anyone tell me what this non-paying guest is called? It seems to have made it's home in our porch.

Sara

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2009, 05:02:20 PM »
Thanks for your report, Sara, I enjoyed reading it.  Shame we missed each other though!

Regarding darts, have faith - I thought I would be useless but gave it a go, and guess what? ...... Still useless, but a better sort of useless.......

Loved all the photos, must sort ours out and put some on.

Oh, and not sure but I think the insect may be a mantis, possibly a praying mantis, unless anyone else knows better  (which they probably will, lol)

lynn xx

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2009, 05:04:35 PM »
Oh, and Villa Theia looks FABULOUS!!

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2009, 05:17:49 PM »
Looking good Sara! I can just imagine how lovely the warmth from the fire place :)
Life is good ;)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2009, 05:38:47 PM »
Thanks Sara. A few minutes of pure escape for me...

Phil

riggers

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2009, 09:21:38 PM »
Lovely report and pics Sara.....We were lucky with the weather this month, 7 glorious days..... I do like to watch the thunderstorms though.

riggers...

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2009, 09:42:15 PM »
Looks fantasic and at this time of year great to get a report to keep us going until next year.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2009, 09:17:54 AM »
Sara n Gary

Thanks for the "tour" of your Villa. Finished and furnished to a very high standard.
Can we borrow that log fire of yours for the Winter?

Good luck for next year and hope to meet up

Negg n Wegg

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2009, 10:36:14 AM »
Hi Sara, you may have not seen us but  we did glimpse you, you were in the garden seeing that you had yur friends with you we didnt like to intrude. The funny thing is we also did the tourist bit and went to Paleocastritsa and Kassiopi, we also went to see Costa's at the Porto Timoni, so it seems we were follwing each other round Corfu all week. lol Viv & Pete

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2009, 12:24:27 PM »
Oh Vivian!!! You really should have come down the drive to see us. Will you be in Arillas next April? If so, we will have to get together then.

Sara

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2009, 10:38:11 PM »
I recognise those floor tiles Sara....lol
Sandy x

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2009, 10:13:19 AM »
Hi Sara, Can't get home tell May 14th next year but im sure we will meet sometime during 2010. Love Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2009, 10:27:52 AM »
Hi Lynn, A friend tells me , it is a walking stick mantis. Did you know that the word Mantis is Greek and means profit or fortune teller. Love Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2009, 07:10:15 PM »
Hi Viv, thanks for that.  No, I didn't know what it meant - just shows you can learn something new every day, lol.
love,
lynn xx

Booking.com