Author Topic: Nikos Apartments 2010  (Read 24633 times)

Offline Pete E

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Nikos Apartments 2010
« on: August 26, 2009, 01:49:17 PM »
I have just tried to book into the Nikos Apartments for next July and Thomas Cook have told me that the contract with Nikos has been cancelled!  Does anyone know what is happening?  Has another operator got them?  Are they now only open to private booking?

I'll try emailing Vasilis but I know he has his hands full with a new baby at the mo, so expect he may not be too quick at answering.  I thought some of the forum members on the spot may have an idea.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Nikos Apartments 2010
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 06:29:00 PM »
Pete E
( Long time no speakie - Recognise the doggie pic)

I haven't heard anything here about Nickos. It's been quiet so far this year, on the guest front, but I never hear anything bad about them. It's not a bad location, away from the 'ole hustle and bustle.

I'm quite willing to pop in and see if Vassilis is around and try to find out what's going on but I don't want to "open a can of worms"
( Maybe Thomas Cook havent told him of their plans , for example )

Others may know more
Cheers
Negg

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 06:54:10 PM »
I have just read this topic and although I can’t comment in relation to the availability of the Nickos for next year Eggy's reply has just brought to mind a meeting with a family from Leicester in 2007. We were staying at the Leonidas during the second week in July; we met them on a few occasions at the Tria. The reason they were down at the Tria was because they were the only guests staying at the Nickos that week.

Hope all goes well and that they are available next year.

Offline kriopigi girl

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 09:35:22 PM »
We are staying there in 12 days time I will try and find out on the quiet. I have noticed Thomas Cook have just started using the Thetis hotel which looks very nice.

Offline Pete E

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 11:48:03 AM »
We love Nikos - stayed there 3 times previously and always had a great time.  We love being away from the hustle and bustle, as you put it Eggy.  However, now that our kids are a bit bigger it has made us think whether we might be better of nearer the main resort.

Can anyone recommend some apartments that are a bit nearer but would not be noisy - that have air con and a pool?

Thanks for the offer Eggy, but I agree it might be a bit of a sensitive issue.  We are in email contact with Vasilis so hopefully we will hear if Thomas Cook are giving out duff info.

Offline graham

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 03:00:25 PM »
I'm out there in four weeks Pete although not at Nikos this time, I'll definitely pop in and ask Vasilis. I'll email Mike when I know!
A woman has the last word in any argument, anything a man says after that is the start of a new argument!

Offline fishski

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 01:26:52 AM »
I have just tried to book into the Nikos Apartments for next July and Thomas Cook have told me that the contract with Nikos has been cancelled!  Does anyone know what is happening?  Has another operator got them?  Are they now only open to private booking?

I'll try emailing Vasilis but I know he has his hands full with a new baby at the mo, so expect he may not be too quick at answering.  I thought some of the forum members on the spot may have an idea.

Thanks Pete.

If TC have cancelled Nikos for 2010 then it would be nice of them to let us have our £400 deposit back as we have already booked!

There was some debate when we were there as to whether Nikos would go with TC next year but Vasillis confirmed before we left that it was definitely to be them in 2010, confirmed - or so I thought - by the ease with which we booked up!!

I will investigate further...

Offline fishski

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 01:35:27 AM »
Hmm... no longer available on the TC website it seems. Will call TC tomorrow and find out what is going on.

Does anyone have Vasillis' email address btw?

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 12:13:32 PM »
Their email is
nikos.appartments@yahoo.com
I talked to Vasilis  two days ago,
He says that they are still negotiating with the tour Operator.
He will be able to have a clear answer during the next few days.
Apparently, TC is trying to push down the prices as low as possible.
this is happening with most of all the other properties too.

The tour operators are aware that the owners are not capable enough to do their own way with bookings , promoting and marketing, they also need the customers in order to sell their goods by the pool-bars  so the T.O. are hoping for a "generous" compromising deal.
On the other hand I would expect the end-prices ( that the holidaymaker pays)  to be cheaper, but I  don't see the actual prices in the UK going down as well , in fact,  they are rising rapidly ,......

Dimitris

P.S:Not much time for grammatical correction ....
Sorryyy

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 02:14:26 PM »
Grammatical correction , I can only just pronouce it let alone spell it. lol.
Not only a lovely man but a very clever man Dimitris.
See you in 40 days time. Loads of Love Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 06:57:25 PM »
Makes my blood boil. Some of the owners don't even get paid what they are owed without putting up a fight.

The worst bit is how the brochure prices go way up, reducing the numbers who do (or can afford to) arrive. It is so unfair.

Phil

Offline ouzoandolives

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • nikos and titch
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 09:27:08 PM »
Like we said on our "cant come to arillas" the prices to stay at mathraki have gone up for sep 2010 from sep 2009 way over inflation, arillas is going to become a playresort for the rich and famous, a mini monaco, well were not going to let that happen, those rich ******** can keep there hands off our paradise, were sure eggy will have is darts at the ready who else is with us? Chaaarge!!!

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 09:40:31 PM »
My son and his family have booked for next year at the same time that we are staying at the Tria so I hope everything comes out fine for Nikos.

Does anyone know the sex of their baby?

Phil, my sentiments exactly.

Dimitris, you can do no wrong.

ttfn, Mick

Offline fishski

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 12:02:32 PM »
An update from my end.

I spoke to Thomas Cook yesterday who confirmed that, for now at least, my family's 2010 booking is still going ahead. The guy on the phone said there was nothing specific flagged on their system to say that Nikos had been removed from their system, although he did also say that the possibility of them continuing to negotiate with Nikos may have been a reason why they were not currently showing as a bookable option on the website.

Reading between the lines then, it looks as though TC may have gone back to Nikos (and others possibly) to attempt to prise a little more profit out of the arrangement for themselves. Backing up what Dimitris has said, we paid about £200 more for a family of 4 this year than last year at Nikos, an increase of around 10% from 2009 and you can bet that with a renegotiation of TC's costs that price won't be coming down.

It's a tough balancing act for these places. If only Nikos could get sufficient numbers to arrange bookings direct - they have a lot of repeat business from people like ourselves who have booked several times now - and give 2 fingers to Thomas Cook!

Cheers for the other updates guys, and thank you especially Dimitris. Looks like this one might run and run.

:)

Offline fishski

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 12:09:07 PM »
My son and his family have booked for next year at the same time that we are staying at the Tria so I hope everything comes out fine for Nikos.

Does anyone know the sex of their baby?

Phil, my sentiments exactly.

Dimitris, you can do no wrong.

ttfn, Mick

Hi Mick

As far as I can remember, Vassillis and Margarita were having a baby girl and had decided to call her Amelia/Amelie or something similar.

Booking.com