Author Topic: Nikos Apartments 2010  (Read 24632 times)

Offline Pete E

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Nikos Apartments 2010
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2009, 02:16:05 PM »
Thanks for all the replies.  I guess we will just have to wait and see.  I just hope they get a reasonable deal with Thomas Cook.

By the way, Vasilis' daughter is called Amelia.

Offline curry

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 05:11:44 PM »
My son and his family have booked for next year at the same time that we are staying at the Tria so I hope everything comes out fine for Nikos.

Does anyone know the sex of their baby?  They have a little Girl whos name is Amelia

Phil, my sentiments exactly.

Dimitris, you can do no wrong.

ttfn, Mick

Hi Mick

As far as I can remember, Vassillis and Margarita were having a baby girl and had decided to call her Amelia/Amelie or something similar.

Offline M n M

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2009, 12:16:14 AM »
Sad news for people booked into Nicko's next year.
Last week my son was informed by Manos that they were not using Nicko's next year and that they could either have their money returned or he could book another apartment, he has been able to get into Tria Adelphia with us, so at least things are not too bad. TTFN Mick.

Offline fishski

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 03:45:48 PM »
I was finally notified TODAY that things with Nikos are not going ahead this year.

Thomas Cook have offered us Kokinos, which is fair enough but our hearts were set on staying in Nikos.

Are there any emails/telephone to contact Vasilis direct? Dimitris, as the man on the ground, do they have any plans to fill the accommodation direct or have they gone with a different tour operator for 2010??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 04:11:35 PM »
It's so disappointing when the Tour Operators let clients down like this.

Contact details for Nikos apartments are...

email - info@arillas-nikos.com
email - nikos.appartments@yahoo.com
Tel -   0030 26630 51807

Good luck.

Eileen.

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 05:44:29 PM »
I'm getting increasingly angry with these travel agents! It's so unfair! We've always visited Arillas via Thomson and stayed at Kaloudis but would dearly love to go independant. If we can manage it, we will because we don't want to line the pockets of the big boys, rather help out our friends in Arillas.
Even though we stay at Kaloudis, though, we visit lots of other bars and restaurants in Arillas to help out as much as possible
Janis x

Offline fishski

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2010, 06:32:08 PM »
Thanks Eileen and Janis for your help and sympathy! We have two very disappointed kids here at the moment so we'll be pulling out all the stops we can to sort something out direct and that'll be that with Thomas Cook, who we knew as early as last summer were trying to screw Nikos over for yet more favourable terms.

I will report back once I hear more from Nikos and anyone that wants to join us in this change of strategy will be more than welcome!

Many thanks.

Offline fishski

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2010, 11:20:30 PM »
OK, the latest from Nikos.

We heard back from Vasilis and bookings are now direct to Nikos. Based on the price he has quoted and a quick look at flights, it looks like we can now have the same holiday around £300 cheaper than the TC package price and that's going on the same TC flight we would originally have flown on. We need to get to and from the airport but that's sorted now the savings will pay for 2 weeks car hire rather than one.

That's travelling peak season - late July early August by the way.

They're lovely people so I hope plenty of people make the transition from package to independently booking up.

Contact details for Nikos:
info@arillas-nikos.gr
http://www.arillas-nikos.gr/

And I rebooked the TC flight via:
http://www.dealchecker.co.uk/

All the best

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2010, 11:37:02 PM »
How good to hear that. So much better that they get some money rather than TC. All he needs now is to get everyone booking....
Sandy x

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2010, 11:40:44 PM »
I clicked on the web link and got an error message that internet explorer could not open the web page - anyone know why?

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2010, 11:49:45 PM »
Please ignore last posting - the same's just happened when I went back to the Facebook tab so it looks like there's a fault at my end!
I'll have a look at Nikos website asap
Janis x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2010, 12:13:13 AM »
fishki well done. Like our Sandy says

How good to hear that. So much better that they get some money rather than TC.

Anna won't mind me saying this - she was forced to go independent, and worried about marketing her studios, and what the year would bring. But in the event she had a great occupancy with returners, Arilliacs and a few newbies. And she didn't get 6 euros a night for B&B, she got a realistic reurn on her work.

Thomas Crooks is not the way to go. Libra have proved that for once and all. Thanks to TerryW for keeping us up to date with this. Jen and me always do independent. And all the evidence endorses our decisions.

Phil

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2010, 08:17:46 PM »
I was talking to Nikos the night before last and he is more or less sure it will be ready for when we get to Arillas on 14th May. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2013, 10:49:54 AM »
Hi
I met you two one afternoon in Gratsella ( the day the electricity was off). I remember you said were unsure how to post things on the forum. If you just  hit reply and  then type  your message, then click on post rather than click on qoute , as all that will show is the last post you are replying to.
Cheers
Mary

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2013, 02:04:28 PM »
I of late now always book a package deal I know what you are saying Phil about the owners only getting a small amount from the companies like Thomas Cook and Thompson, but I have found going independant cost  me a  lot more in flights and transfers - so I have to go with what  suits my budget and when I get there I am putting money  into Arillas economy because I do all my eating and drinking there  :)

Booking.com