Author Topic: Nikos Apartments 2010  (Read 24630 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Nikos Apartments 2010
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2013, 04:41:25 PM »
Hi Mary. Hope all is well. I posted that in Jan 2010, and a lot has changed since then! We have taken a package to Kaloudis before now, when it was costing less than independent. And you can sometimes get cracking last minute bargains. I so agree that the best price, whether independent or package, is the only real factor. None of us have money to waste, and certainly not Jen and me!

We still do our main midsummer stay independently by booking flights on release and accommodation the year before. Our 3 weeks for two came in at £800 inc transfers in 2012 and exactly the same 2013. But in the North, Wales or Belfast it is a different story. 

So nice to hear from you. Have followed whatever you have posted on here, and maybe we can share a chinwag and mythos in the Nut again one day.

Phil

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2013, 04:47:33 PM »
Holy Thread Resurrection !  lol
Yep , got to agree , first and foremost it depends on prices whether we go independant or package. Its been cheaper independant the last 2 years to Arillas and we will be going again independant next year as the Easyjet flights from Manchester are such good value. I am SURE they will be again in 2014
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline jackson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2013, 09:22:59 PM »
Hello Mary  I agree that on a limited budget you have to do what you think is right for your family and as you said we do spread our money round all our favourite places in arillas and hopefully help all of our friends there

Offline Pete E

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2013, 12:16:15 PM »
Just picking up on the cost of independent versus package, the last few times we have stayed at Nikos, we have used Tesco vouchers to book the cheapest possible package with Cosmos and treated it as a flight only - ie told the reps at the airport that we won't be staying at their 1 star apartments in Kavos, thank you!  That is a really good deal - we always have loads of Tesco vouchers which we would otherwise struggle to use.  We then hire a car for the fortnight from Theo at Arillas Cars (who always does a good deal) and he meets us at the airport.  We drop off the car at the airport on the way home.

We're back in mid August - at Nikos yet again!  Fifth time.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2013, 12:35:32 PM »
Nikos looks lovely, walked up there for a beer 2 weeks ago but came away when I could see they looked busy fitting what looked like a new sliding glass patio door around the bar area!  You can imagine it can't you ....... lol

Offline pdkirk

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2013, 02:23:54 PM »
We stayed there a couple of years ago before he went independent, great place, lovely pool and they do a mean barbeque, would certainly stay there again.

Offline NickBoardman

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2013, 02:38:24 PM »
It's been interesting reading the argument for package v independent...In Greece it is apparently illegal to charge room supplement and per person, (so the owners of Bardis sun said).

So I book direct and get the Easy Jet flights the day they are released,  so for my self, wife and child (oh and dad this time!) we have paid just short of £800 for a fortnight, I think I would struggle to get a package deal for that, but the main thing All the cash goes to the owners.

Either way, you know with Arillas it is worth every penny!

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2013, 02:52:22 PM »
Would love to go the indie route, but we are so so limited for flights from Newcastle, we don't even have easyjet going to Corfu. That makes it so expensive for us it just does not compare with the package. We were just just over £380 each to the Akti on the TC package. Other airports are 3 hours away and I don't want to start added more cost and time doing that. So being in Arillas and spending our money is our main contribution.

Offline DaisysMum

• http://www.crazydaisyjewellery.com/
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2013, 02:52:38 PM »
The nikos appts are a fabulous place to stay.  We have stayed there 3 times now, great setting, lovely family and scrummy food.  Well worth a stroll up the hill to say hello.

Offline DaisysMum

• http://www.crazydaisyjewellery.com/
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2013, 02:55:14 PM »
We are tempted to do what PeterE does this year and book a package to Kavos and just use it for the flight.  We fly out of Exeter so we always end up paying the earth.

Offline jackson

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2013, 05:34:52 PM »
Gaz caz If you have got two weeks at the Akti for two weeks for two people for £760 then that's brilliant, I thought I had done well getting two weeks this Aug for the two of us for £860 think i'll let you do my booking for next year ha ha

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2013, 06:16:13 PM »
We do the same as you Nick. Book Easyjet the day they come out .....

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2013, 02:17:46 AM »
Jackson, we hit lucky, was supposed to be about £860 and when I went to book, TC had some not advertised extra £50 per person deal on that day. Total luck. Means more money to the Akti in drinks and food, as well as the rest of the village.

Offline june

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2013, 10:44:56 PM »
A couple of years ago we'd had Kaloudis booked with Thomson for a year going with my son, daughter in law and grand daughter when just over 6 weeks my daughter in law said she was leaving my son and not coming to Arillas or letting the baby come. I was devastated and couldn't face coming to Arillas without them. Thomson were brilliant and changed the holiday to a Gold hotel so I didn't have to see children playing around when oyrs wasn't. I'm glad to say that we still see loads of our granddaughter and that we have returned to Arillas but had I gone indepently it couldn't have been changed and we would have lost our money.

'

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2013, 11:29:57 PM »
I think that is the point June. Both are available, and give us all a choice. Jen and me choose the cheapest and hope it is the most cheerful.

Many times later we have done both, but now have a perfect recipe and stay where we do every time. It is independent, and works for us. Our holiday insurance covers most of the reasons that could stop us going, but as is well known on here, that the only thing which would actually stop us going home, is if we drop dead. And we wouldn't worry about it then.

Phil

Booking.com