Author Topic: Where to Stay 2010?  (Read 8187 times)

Offline andym

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Re: Where to Stay 2010?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 02:45:27 AM »
We stayed at Kaloudis in june/july and the noise was awful. 2/3 in the morning and it was still going.
 Have a look at anna studios. We had a couple of days up there around the pool and it was heaven compared to Billy the euros place.
 We had a couple of meals and its very good value. The rooms looked lovely and the owners do a free airport transfer. We are going to book for next year.

You will love Arillas though.

Offline NicandJohn

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 10:32:47 AM »
We've stayed all over arrillas over the last 12 years or so, both with and without teenage kids. We've stayed at kalloudis for the first two weeks of june this year and last and had no problems with noise. This year we stayed in chris and roula's private apartments which were very nice, next year we're staying in Billy's lovenest and can't wait.
We stayed at tria adelphia  a few times as well as nikos and others, and we still visit tria for meals some evenings. My quote from Phil at tria was about a third cheaper than kalloudis for the same period in june, which in the current climate may interest some.

Offline mathsboffin

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2009, 07:32:23 PM »
Yes, I have ruled out Kaloudis due to the noise issues that quite a few people have experienced.  I prefer to book direct, so that the owners gets maximum profit, but Kaloudis direct price is not far off the package price with Thomson (about £400 and that includes 4 flights!), something else that has put me off.

Waiting to hear on Tria Adelphi and Rainbow for direct prices - not sure if they are both going through Tour Ops though for 2010.
Sharon

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2009, 07:48:39 PM »
Mathsboffin

I can confirm that I have visited both places today and said you are waiting for replies.

Hope it was Ok but I took your full name from the Forum profile.
The e-mail/internett service here is very erratic but both places are now on the case.

You will have a very hard choice with these two!.

Tria - Nice Pool , recently paved and well looked after. Pool Table , Table football and Darts in a seperate area. Good food served by a great familiy who look after all your needs and.... Sunday special of lamb is to die for.
A lovely family and from our Village of Kavaddades.

Rainbow - Pool as above and much work done on the surrounds to make you feel very private indeed. Pool Table and darts plus weekly live music, and quiz nights, if you want to join in. Two brothers who will make you smile linked with yet another very good family who, like Tria , will go out of their way to ensure you enjoy.
Dimitris and Spiros at Rainbow - Don't play them at darts.

You have a hard choice to make and tossing a coin may still make you think .......
" Best of 3 then "

Cheers
Negg

Offline mathsboffin

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 09:37:43 PM »
Dear Negg

Thank you for taking the time to do that for me.  That is fine - I await their replies with interest. 

We stayed in Ag Georgios North in 2009 and had a couple of lovely days in Arillas.  We drove past the Tria Adelphia a few times, we were particularly interested to see where it was as some neighbours of ours had stayed there the year before.  So I can picture where it is. 

Sadly, I can't do the same for Rainbow - can't remember seeing it at all.  As you say a hard decision to make.  I will let you know where we decide to go.

Once again thank you!
Sharon

Offline NicandJohn

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2009, 12:10:27 AM »
The only places we have had noise problems were away from the sea front- with dogs and pidgeons- only problem at kalloudis was the sea.

riggers

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2009, 12:12:51 AM »
What i would give for that problem right now NicandJohn...:)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2009, 02:30:25 AM »
mathsboffin, there are but two ways to head into the village from Tria. One takes you up past Vavilas and the new Helen's taverna. You arrive at the south end of the beach by Bardis Sun. The other route takes you to Brouklis and then on to the sea front through the middle of the village. Rainbow is part way along that route, before Brouklis. Have a look at the tourist map by clicking on Maps in the left-hand menu.

Both will tick your boxes. Like our Eggy says, you will have a very hard choice with these two! Just take the best deal between them.

Phil

Offline mathsboffin

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2009, 12:16:57 AM »
Well, we have now booked!  I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post on this thread.  We have finally plumped for Tria Adelphia and will be spending a fortnight there in August 2010 with our 14 year old son.  I will be sure to post a review when we get back.  At least it's less than a year away now!
Sharon

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2009, 12:19:52 AM »
A good choice and I'm sure you'll love it. Get that ticker going....
Sandy x

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2009, 03:16:54 PM »
The Tria will do you proud
Philip looks after all his clients well, a good time will be had by all.
Not long now, August 2010 will be soon upon you believe me.

Booking.com