Author Topic: accommodation in arillas  (Read 8959 times)

Offline kevandelke

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
accommodation in arillas
« on: September 11, 2009, 05:36:55 PM »
Hi, I've been looking at arillas as a place to holiday for some years but have never got around to it.
Can somebody make some recomendations, not to noisy (I hear the there are some loud bars) and not necessarily on the beach front as its always nice to walk towards the sea.

Thanks

Kev

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: accommodation in arillas
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 06:16:11 PM »
Kev

Specify what you need.
Flight only?
Appts with Pool?
Things to do, on-site for kids?
Close to beach?

Loud Bars?-Maybe two but not loud for those who use them,
(Too loud for me though)

So maybe a 10 minute walk to the beach may suit.

There is everything in Arillas which can be tailored to your need and there are many "Arillas Veterans" who can help you.

Cheers
Negg

Offline kevandelke

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 10:40:35 AM »
Negg,

Sorry, I'm a bit new to this raising questions, getting replies and responding.

I've already effectivly booked the flights for Monday from Manchester with Easy Jet just me and the wife. (Don't want kids about hence the late holiday)
Appts with pool is a yes and 10 minutes to the beach sounds good.

I've never done something like this before, ie booked a flight without the accommodation but from what I've read there is plenty about and hopefully we willhave no problem finding somewhere to stay.

Regards

Kev

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 11:27:45 AM »
Loads to choose from - Bardis Sun, Horizon, Marina, Alex's, Portofino, Mathraki all on the sea front and a bit further out Gallini and Tria Adelphia, or Anna's studios. You can't go wrong and all the details for these are on the forum.
Sandy x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 01:59:32 PM »
Kev

If just you two my first thought would be Elena/Stella as these appts are quiet.

Basic appts but a good base and has a pool n Bar. Mainly small groups or couples stay here , who also leave the kids at home.

Sandy has also mentioned Mathraki,Gallini, Anna's plus others. You are spoitl for choice. Mathraki is a good location to be in. Others will tell you more.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 02:03:32 PM »
Forgot to say - Anna's Appts are also very popular here and always have good reports

Negg

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 02:33:52 PM »
Hi Kev!
I have sent you an email with my thoughts and recommendations, I will be there soon for my second visit this year. If you need any more info just ask!
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 03:47:58 PM »
Hi Kev. Have sent you a message, hope it`s useful.
Lindypops.

Offline kevandelke

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 05:21:40 PM »
Thanks everybody,

Looks like I'm spoilt for choice, will look up some numbers and start making phone calls/ sending email to book.

Might see some of you in the future.

Kev

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009, 06:29:38 PM »
Good Luck to you both.

Don't forget that many Appt/Hotel owners will take a lot of pressure away from the  "Independant Traveller" by arranging Taxi's or even a hire Car to meet you from the Airport. - Some will even pick you up from the Airport in your hire car and releive you of any "first day" driving stress.

Or..... you can arrange a taxi yourself with any local Arillas agents.

Just keep asking if any questions.

Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2009, 08:00:18 PM »
Hi kevandelke

If you really know what you would like, we can point you at exactly the right choice. But hey - just pick somewhere and ask what we all think before you book.

Have a look at the tourist map for position. Click on Maps in the left had menu. Sea Breeze to Kaloudis are the sea front places, but just inland there are many more. Arillas is small, so nowhere is far from anywhere. It is just some places are hard for those who find the hill difficult, like my jen. From Amourada to Christos are up the hill.

Fifteen minutes walk for able bodied will get you anywhere in Arillas (well nearly.)

Someone suggested Mathraki. It is only a little way up the hill, not on the sea front but 3 minutes away. Lovely pool, lovely family etc. Loved by many on here. But my guess is you will adore Anna Studios. Much further up the hill, but San Stefanos is only a walk away. Send me a PM if you want more details of anywhere that I know about.

I am not Anna's marketing manager, and I adore  Mathraki. Just trying to help you with your choice.

Phil

Offline raff

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • www.ukfitshape.com
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 10:21:55 AM »
We have finally booked our flights. Monday 26 July - Monday 16 August.  Now need accommodation.  We noticed a new development on the front this summer, just before Marinaki apts.  Does anyone have any info on these or any other for 3 weeks please?

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 03:16:40 PM »
This is a private house unfortunately. 

Booking.com