Author Topic: gallini apts  (Read 8323 times)

Offline craig w

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
gallini apts
« on: May 12, 2005, 03:04:55 PM »
hi i was wondering if any one else had been moved from these apts(gallini)  i booked over a year ago with manos and now they say that there has been a dispute in contracts with the owners  i have my doubts about this
iv been here twice before with my wife and family its great . im now in nicos and im sure it will be great it wouild be good to know if any one can shed some light on what happened at gallini or if i just have to wait and speak to costas or bridget   :D
craig

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
gallini apts
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 01:00:46 AM »
Hi Craig
  Welcome to the Forum and all the info you require to make your holiday a good one.
   Disputes with the owners happens very occasionaly, but usually get sorted before holidays, I can't comment on Gallini as we have never stayed there, we usually book through Olympic or Libra as we like to be nearer to the sea and never had a problem(touch wood ).
Likewise yourselves with Manos ,your'll have to wait until your out there to ask.

Paul/Deb5

Offline craig w

gallini apts
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 09:31:41 AM »
THANKS  FOR THE REPLY I NEW THAT INFO WOULD BE HARD TO COME BY BUT YOU CAN ONLY TRY
craig

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
gallini apts
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 04:40:07 PM »
The gallini have kicked Manos out.They went to get there payment for last years use from manos and were told that they would have to take a 20% cut.Last year the Gallini was get 5 euros per bed per night from Manos.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
gallini apts
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 12:48:08 AM »
Hi Harold
   Thats probably another reason  why we have Never gone with Manos !!!!!!!!!!!

Paul/Deb5

Offline craig w

gallini apts
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 09:30:59 AM »
SOUNDS THAT IT MIGHT BE A NICE EMPTY POOL TO TAKE THE KIDS TO
I DONT THINK THAT THERE WILL BE TOO MANY PEOPLE ABOUT THEN THEY WILL BE LOOKING FOR AS MUTCH PASSING TRADE AS THEY CAN GET WHEN I WAS THERE 2 YEARS AGO IT WAS MANOS ONLY

IV BEEN WITH MANOS ABOUT 5 TIMES NOW AND NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS!!  I ASSUME A PRICE HAD BEEN AGREAD WITH GALLINI AND ITS PRITTY SHITY TO DO THAT TO SOMEONE ESPECIALY AFTER THE HAVE DONE ALL THE HARD GRAFT
craig

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
gallini apts
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 11:17:36 AM »
Hello Craig,

Dire rates from the Tour Operators are pretty much the norm', it's not just confined to Manos, we go with Olympic and I know that the rates they pay the owners are not much better. This is why I think it is so important to support the owners by using their snack bars etc.

Perhaps Gallini will take the brave step and 'go it alone' for next season, I'm sure previous visitors would be more than happy to see their money going into the local owners pockets than the T.Ops.

I think going on a package to Greece is still good value for money, if only the Tour Operators would stop being so greedy keeping the profits to themselves and give the apartment owners a better deal.

Eileenx :D

Offline suzanne simcox

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
gallini apts
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2005, 09:07:00 PM »
Hi we always use Manos, they are the only ones we can get a good deal for the 3wks, that we usually take,name me another agent that can do the prices they do ???  :D

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
gallini apts
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2005, 11:25:09 PM »
I think you are right about the 3 week price with Manos Suzanne, it was very favourable in comparison to the Olympic 3 week price. :)

As we like to stay in the Mathraki we got around the Olympic 3 week price by booking the flight and apartment independently, a bit more hassle but we would feel like traitors if we stayed anywhere else now.  :roll:

Eileenx

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
gallini apts
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2005, 09:05:15 AM »
I agree with Eileen,
it's inportant to support the owners by using the snack bars etc.whenever possible as this is the only way they can make a few bob
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
gallini apts
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2005, 12:51:58 AM »
Hi All
 as Harold and Eileen says using the owners snack bars helps them out, anyway its nice to just wonder down and have a breakfast by the pool etc. and a Ouzo!!!!!!!!!!after brekfast of course.

Paul/Deb5

Offline malky

gallini apts
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2005, 11:59:50 AM »
Hi Folks,

I have just booked my wife and daughter to got to Galinis'
 and got a great price from Thomas Cook.

I had heard that they had thrown Manos out, but that will be manos's down fall there.. :shock:
DID i SAY RELAXING......

Offline aftermidnight

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
gallini apts
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2005, 03:00:54 PM »
:Malky
           I thought u would have tried a few phone numbers before going through a travel agent again. :wink: Yanni has you last bar to settle& we left the light on!!! :shock:

Offline malky

gallini apts
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2005, 03:42:27 PM »
Hi Aftermidnight,

I will be looking at going privately when i go over in October..

I just said as a joke to Joan about the deal and she called my bluff :lol:

No seriously i needed her to go back a.s.a.p. to look at something for me :wink:

And Yanni knows the score on old bar bills :lol:  :wink:
DID i SAY RELAXING......

Offline malky

gallini apts
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2005, 03:44:12 PM »
By the way hows your missus legs with all those bites????
DID i SAY RELAXING......

Booking.com