Exchange rate lowest of the low

Started by vivian, September 20, 2009, 06:58:35 PM

tonynglenda

Exchange rate was between 1.06 and 1.08 the 2 weeks we've been there. In corfu airport on friday as we left it was 92.3!!! Daylight robbery or what? On the plus side the prices in arillas for food and drink has not changed for the last couple of years. We dont care we would pay whatever. We dont believe in going on holiday to eat and drink in your room, we can do that at home and the local businesses need our money to survive. we try to go to different restaurants and cafes all the time to spread it around a bit, but we stay loyal to the nut at night!

justphil

Quotewe try to go to different restaurants and cafes all the time to spread it around a bit, but we stay loyal to the nut at night!

Exactly TonynGlenda. You say what I think
Phil

Erja

Quote from: justphil on October 11, 2009, 02:06:13 PM
Quotewe try to go to different restaurants and cafes all the time to spread it around a bit, but we stay loyal to the nut at night!

Exactly TonynGlenda. You say what I think
Phil

We are but many and our loyalties are our own :) Right beside at the end of the bar Glenda & Tony ;)
Life is good ;)

TerryW

It doesn't look very good for next year either :-(

Todays Business news on BBC website ........

UK rates 'to stay low for years'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8301418.stm

june

I've just returned from Spain and the shops were accepting sterling notes in the shops at the same rate as euros. It made it an expensive hoilday.

June

TerryW

The rate is slowly increasing again - I just wish the graph below would get back to at leat 1.20 again

Maggie

Alan and Jan

GBP at 5 month high against euro. 3 mins ago was 1.15 euro to GBP.   Trouble is the market is so fickle it only one idiotic supposedly know it all to downcry the UK's economy and everything goes into reverse
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

martin-w

Exchange rate, and now the 'Greek alcohol tax'!
It's still worth every cent, Arillas is my 'tonic' no matter what. On a happier note, air fares seem about the same as last year, now that's a bonus!
Yammas,
Martin.

riggers

excellent newwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwws................ is that an extra mythos for a £1000

martin-w

No Riggers! Last year's price plus 20%. O.K after one or five, what the ****! Local wine is tax free, so go for it!
Yammas,
Martin.

Sandy x

Sandy x

Janis

Thanks Sandy - 1.15 and hopefully getting better. Don't you know we're officially out of a recession ???  I'll believe that when I see it, still we've got to have confidence
Janis x