Author Topic: October flights to Corfu  (Read 11684 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
October flights to Corfu
« on: September 22, 2009, 02:27:56 AM »
Just been looking for flights for October half term week, prompted by a Thomsons spam email offering discounts. The cheapest package to Kaloudis would be 370 GB pounds each - we paid about that for two weeks in July including taxi!

Then looked at Easy Jet. There are flights to Corfu from Gatwick for 30 GBP on Monday 26th and all week. But the return fares go up by a fortune for every next day you stay. The top return was 250 GB pounds! Cynical or what.

Just thinking though, without taking and parking a car, could we find a cheap flight back and suffer public transport. Birminham, Cardiff, Exeter, Southampton, Bournemouth? A one way ticket from Corfu to UK for a good price will get us home for a few days.

Any ideas or help appreciated.

Phil

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: October flights to Corfu
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 09:29:11 AM »
My daughter was looking for a "cheap" flight for October too and is having the same problem. It's ridiculous at the end of the season - you would think the tour operators would be looking to fill their planes. I guess the return flights are expensive because they will get filled with people who have to get back to the UK at the end of the season. Sadly it looks as though Lauren won't be able to go either.
Sandy x

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 10:25:08 AM »
We have often been out in October walked over to San Steph and said "  wish we hadn't already paid for a return flight as they have been so cheap for the week after (last flights to England bringing reps.back) ofcouse I cant say you would defently get one but there always seems to be a few to each airport. It might just be worth ringing S.S. travel to see if they think you could do it' and if you get stuck what nicer place to get stuck in non. lol. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline isobel

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 10:56:02 AM »
i agree with viv reps have all the seats booked for the last 2 weeks to bring them home but if you take the risk you should find a cheap flight back

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 11:08:29 AM »
Phil, if you could fly out from gatwick on the 16th and return on the 21/22 then its £260 odd for the two of you,its only 5 nights but that's not a bad price,I guess you are tied with the college half term calender though
Ang

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 11:42:15 AM »
Phil,

I'm not sure when English half term is, but I found this which may/may not help!

http://www.olympicholidays.com/default.asp

Gatwick-Corfu Airport  19-Oct-2009 dep 05:30 arr 10:25

Corfu Airport-London Gatwick 26-Oct-2009    dep 11:25    arr 12:35    

Total: 2 adults £309.92 + £1 debit card fee.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 12:18:16 PM »
Just book the singles and If you can't find a cheap flight back then:-
HEY , WHATEVER.

Plenty of good people here who won't see you homeless and will also find you some work to do to keep occupied in the Winter.

Negg

ps- Wegg managed to get a return flight , with Easyjet , end April next year for 10 days. - Corfu -Gatwick and back for 90 euros. - All booked.
They are about but just gotta be in right place at  right time I 'spose.

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 01:52:45 PM »
Hi All!
My cousin has been trying to get a cheap flight for 2nd-16th. October to join me in Arillas. She lives in Yorkshire and has been to all the local travel agents and failed miserably. She has hit the same 'brick wall' as I do. If you try to book on line for a 'single' return seat, it keeps coming up with 'no flights available for these dates'. If you input 'two adults' there are seats available. All the flights she has found to date have been well over £300 as late bookings seem to be charged at a 'premium' rate for some reason at that time. I booked my flight from Cardiff CWL some time ago, at the local Tui (Thomson) shop for the above reason, and was surprised to get it for £178 plus taxes etc. about £209 all in. I was told at the time it was because the dates I had chosen were the two weeks BEFORE the half term 'rush'. There does not seem to be any consistency in the way flights are priced at the moment, and the 'last minute' trail of bargains seems to have been replaced with the higher prices. Single seats, seem to be mostly available through a travel agency, and subject to a 'booking fee' which to me seems like another 'rip off', like the 'single supplement' when it comes to booking rooms via an agent! Last week there were 19 seats left on my flight at this very high rate. It would be interesting to know what they will eventually go for!
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 08:23:20 PM »
Hi Martin, Charterflight center have some flight for a single person from manchester 2nd to 16th from £204 return. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 09:02:35 PM »
Thanks all. Will keep trying until the last day if I have to. Following up on all your suggestions.

Best wishes
Phil

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 09:35:41 AM »
Hi Phil, what week is half term and which airport do you need to fly from. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 09:53:18 AM »
viv luvver it is Saturday 24 October to Sunday 1 November, from Bristol, Exeter or Gatwick. Can't go Friday 23rd, must be back for Monday 2nd.

Phil

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2009, 01:28:28 PM »
Hi Viv,
Thanks for the info, will ring her and pass it on!
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 10:23:02 AM »
if you look on eileens link ,you can get a weeks flight ,12/16,oct from gatwick down to £198 for 2 persons ,,,yammas eillen  wish i could get off work as i,d grab it ....yammas

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 12:21:36 PM »
anyone ever changed flights with easyjet for another destination and if so how much more does it cost
ang

Booking.com