Author Topic: Aqualand  (Read 4722 times)

Offline John B

• Holiday in Heaven
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Aqualand
« on: September 27, 2009, 02:11:10 PM »
I meant to post this as soon as we got back.

Anyone going to Arillas soon and hoping to visit Aqualand, please check before you travel.

We arrived there very excited and the weather was blue skies and hot.

The signs on reception said closed due to bad weather, we could not believe it.

It had rained early morning and they decided not to open.

According to the travel shops in Arillas this happens quite often.

John

Offline elsmum

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: Aqualand
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 06:40:06 PM »
When we were at Aqualand in July there was a power cut and everything stopped!! There was a very tense few minutes before the power came back on!! Trouble is the filters and everything stop so for 'Health & Safety' reasons they would have to close.
Hopefully you will ge to go there again though, my daughter and husband absolutely love it!!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 06:51:42 PM »
So sympathise. A big day out (could be the title of a new Wallace and Grommet movie) can be disappointing if stuff like that happens.

My Aqualand is the North end of the beach, and the power never goes off, the waves keep washing in and the green mud is always there. No clothes, no issues and no doubts. Well that's me.

I am not alone - many Arillas folk agree. But Aqualand is lovely too. When our kids were small we would have haunted the place. I've said it before - our Arillas can provide whatever you want.

Phil

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 03:29:42 PM »
Aqualand is brill, we have been on a couple of occasions. The 2nd time was after the rainbow BBQ so felt a bit rough-not a good idea when planning to shoot down some big slides!

On another note spent the weekend at Centreparcs in Nottingham & their body rapids were great(got a big bruise on my hip though), it reminded me of aqualand, the weather was lovely & warm, swimming outside & lazing by the pools-lovely

Karen

Offline Billy M

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • I LOVE ARILLAS
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 02:55:36 PM »
My son Billy will be nearly 4 when we go out next september - will he be restricted on a lot of the slides or will he be able to go on most things.

Nic

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 06:16:00 PM »
I really recommend the Sidari water park for younger kids.  It only has 3 main slides (plus a mini-toddler slide section)but it is ideal for your son's age I reckon as I was terrified with watching mine when we went to Aqualand. Its also really cheap in comparison and the food is lovely and very reasonable as well.

The great thing is that everything is in one area so you can sit and watch them from your sunbed.  Only about 15 minutes in a taxi.

Offline coys

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 11:05:24 PM »
We have been to Hydropolis in Acharavi a couple of times, not as big as Aqualand
so not as busy and no queues plenty of sunbeds and an area for younger children.
Pat won two tickets for Hydropolis from Island radio in August, we went there to use them the third week of September unfortunately they had shut for the winter the day before.

Barry.

Booking.com