Author Topic: Wheelchair Hire  (Read 4740 times)

Offline june

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Wheelchair Hire
« on: September 29, 2009, 11:08:25 PM »
Hi

Does anyone know if wheelchairs can be hired from anywhere in Arillas please.

Thanks

June

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: Wheelchair Hire
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 09:45:22 AM »
June I haven't seen any for hire in Arillas, but that doesn't mean to say you wont' find one.

The nearest wheelchair hire that I know of is in Sidari.  It's called Mountain Mania, telephone number 0030 26630 95016

Eileen.

Offline june

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 09:51:19 AM »
Hi Eileen

Thanks for that. This time maybe best to bring the chair as it's next week and then check it out for next time.

June

Offline elsmum

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 10:30:24 AM »
Hi June, When my daughter broke her ankle last year we took a wheelchair with us. When we arrived and went to Sidari we found the hire shop! I am pleased that we took our own though, we phoned the airline in advance and they were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble (Olympic). We whizzed straight through security and my daughter was made to feel very special. After our good experience I would always take my own. Good luck and enjoy your holiday.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 11:46:06 AM »
I seem to remember a recent posting on this and think it was Ang who suggested giving "Olgas Travel" a try.

Put in "wheelchair" on the search and it should bring this posting up.

Negg

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 01:33:58 PM »
Hi June, yes Olga at Olga's Travel can arrange it for you.  She did it for Mick of MnM last year.

If you pm Mick he will be able to provide the info you need.

Sharon x

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 11:31:03 AM »
We have just got back from Arillas with mam, we took her own chair and there was no hassle at all at either Newcastle or Corfu airport.  Mam got this chair after her stroke about 13 years ago but have to admit over the last 10 years it has had little use as we encourange her to walk, e didn't think it would be suitable but it was great.  Well we now realise what a good chair it is as it has had some hammering this week not just around Arillas but it has been pushed over to San Stephanos and up to Afionas.
Jill
Jill XXX

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 04:18:19 PM »
I have just seen this request for info and as Sharon said we did contact Olga by email and she got us a wheelchair, it came delivered from Corfu Town and only cost us 50 euros for 3 weeks, it was waiting for us at Tria when we arrived, with a small tool kit (it was needed). Olga first tried Sidari, but it would have cost at least twice as much. The chair was brand new and still in all its wrapping, we love Ogla and use her services for all our requirements and have never been disapointed.
Love and enjoy, Mick.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 07:10:00 PM »
That sounds like good service.....
Sandy x

Offline june

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 10:34:25 AM »
Thanks for all the replies. The chair is for my sister who's actually in Arillas now with her own chair. I went to Spain last week and didn't have time to contact Olga before I went Now we know about it now we'll do that in plenty of time next year.

Thanks again.

Booking.com