Author Topic: Did we like Arillas?  (Read 5789 times)

Offline Alan and Jan

• Arillas Addict
Did we like Arillas?
« on: October 01, 2009, 08:37:30 PM »
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  we bloody loved it.

Our first visit from 11th to 25th Sept staying at the Kaloudis.  Met some wonderful people, walked miles and enjoyed the beach. That is not normal for me but Jan got me onto it and even into the sea most days. Could not belive how warm the water was.

Walked miles and did at least a couple of hours every day. Couldn't get over the fact that 100 metres from the beach and you were in semi rural countryside.

Fodd at all the places we ate at was superb. Must briefly mantion the lamb and stuffed pork roll at Brouklis, The best fish I have ever tasted at Vavilas (thank you so much Thomas). Thanks to Phil Jan tried the prawns in garlic at Gratsella. She thought she had died and gone to heaven.  Made our special anniversary on the 23rd even more enjoyable. Thanks again Phil.

Would we come back to Arillas?  You can bet on it but not next year as we have already booked Pefkos (again) and Plakias. Looks like we will have to wait until 2011.

If I can work out how to put piccies up I will put on the prawns in garlic for Phil.

Thank you so much Arillas for such a fabulous time.
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: Did we like Arillas?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 08:44:35 PM »
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  we bloody loved it.

...and I loved your report too Alan and Jan...looking forward to seeing your piccies :-)

Eileenx

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 08:52:01 PM »
Rothers, I could have said "I told you so." And I did. But that isn't the point.

Last Spetember, Jen and me spent the whole month there. We celebrated our 37th anniversary in Thalassa with Spiros, but could have been anywhere.

Made our special anniversary on the 23rd even more enjoyable.
We got married on 23rd September 1972. Seems we have that date in common too...

Now we have Arillas in common.
Phil

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 07:51:40 AM »
Glad you enjoyed yourselves Alan and Jan :) You are so right about the food *deep sigh*
Life is good ;)

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 10:24:14 AM »
Yes, we all knew you would! lol.  Thanks for the lovely report, Vavilas is one of our favourites as well. 

Sharon x

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 12:20:24 PM »
Rothers
Glad you two had a wonderfull time but it's almost guaranteed in Arillas as it's so special. We returned home the day you arrived and this time we stayed at Kaloudis and made even more wonderfull friends.

Take care

Mary :)

Offline Alan and Jan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 03:20:03 PM »
Re-read my little report and you lovely comments and realised I had missed off some important bits namely imbibation.

Loved the Royal Ionian. 99 cent a 500ml bottle from Alex Supermarket or 2.50 euro on draught at Kaloudis.
We can confirm that the rose at Brouklis was superb. had many a carafe. Before you all start going on about there being none left Dimitris assured that there would be enough for this season. Also told me that his father had started 1200 litres fermenting for next year. You lucky lot.
The house white at Vavilas was also extremely drinkable and at 4.50 euro a litre it was theft on our part.
Beer o'clock usually found us in Mirage being looked after by Nikos and Angela.

Bytheway Eileen Villa Linarkis looks beautiful. We walked past it on our next to last day. Was sorely tempted to knock on the door and introduce ourselves to whomsoever was staying there. Decided in the end not to be so cheeky.

We made a little friens who we called Scruffy. A black and tan little terrier. Used to come and sleep under my sunbed. Saw him all over the village. So sweetnatured and friendly.

Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 03:38:56 PM »
Another Arillas Addict to add to the ever growing numbers lol!!

So glad you had a fantastic holiday and enjoyed everything Arillas has to offer, heres to 2011 for you!! :-)

riggers

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 03:43:40 PM »
Thanks for the report and so glad you enjoyed...We just knew you would and you already have 2011 in mind. Yes it is addictive..:)

riggers....

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 03:48:51 PM »
Also told me that his father had started 1200 litres fermenting for next year. You lucky lot.

LOL...that should just about keep Sandy going..... :-o

Thanks for the tip about the 4.50 euro per litre white. No doubt it'll get a fair bashing by me and my sister when we're over in a fortnight! :-)

Brouklis for red - Vavillas for white, that's us sorted!

Bytheway Eileen Villa Linarkis looks beautiful. We walked past it on our next to last day. Was sorely tempted to knock on the door and introduce ourselves to whomsoever was staying there. Decided in the end not to be so cheeky.

Thanks for your compliment Rothers.  If it had been your last day you would have met Egg'n'Wegg who would have been happy to give you a look-see...never mind there's always 2011....

Eileenx

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 05:08:19 PM »
Thanks for your report, Rothers, and so glad you enjoyed.....
We all knew you would tho......  :)

lynn xx

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 10:23:56 PM »
Well, for the first night maybe Eileen....lol
Sandy x

Offline ouzoandolives

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • nikos and titch
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 11:33:15 PM »
Knew you would and glad you enjoyed it. We much prefer arillas to pefkos and we are going to try and get to both next year.

Told you pefkos was dearer than arillas and the thing we missed was a decent fish taverna like thomas's unless theres one there and we missed it!

Hope your not staying at the thalia next year. 

Booking.com