Author Topic: Funniest Memory  (Read 12208 times)

Offline Alan and Jan

• Arillas Addict
Re: Funniest Memory
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 11:35:59 PM »
Loved your memory Jill. It's things like this that make a holiday and you will never forget what happened.
We walked to Afionas up the Heritage Trail starting at helens Taverna. The road was closed to vehicles but walkers could just get through. So far up the hill was a digger and most of the road dug up to a huge depth. Must admit we called this heart attack hill. we stopped on coronary corner to take some video and piccies of Arillas Bay.
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

Offline georgia

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 03:47:56 AM »
Just adored that post, bet that Mam will tell all her friends that one!! x

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 09:32:50 AM »
:D Thank you for sharing Jill :D! I was just reading the post and laughing out loud and my flat mate woke up. Exellent!!
Life is good ;)

Offline Mick and Jill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2009, 01:50:55 PM »
I was so stressed about taking her especially as she had been in hospital the week before but now I am so glad we did it.  Took lots of photos and will make her an album to show her friends, but because of her stroke which affected her speach she won't be able to tell her friends exactly what happened so will write it down for her.
Mick is now on protein drinks building himself up for next year, ha ha it might be a walk into Sidari next time.
Our daughter was in room 1 at Makris, fantastic big apartment and with a BATH. Apologies to whoever was in room 3 ha ha ha it was just me not the bailiffs ha ha.
Jill XXX

Offline tonynglenda

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 10:54:17 AM »
Hello all, we are back as well. Wonderful as always. We spent a week with mick, jill and family and boy did we have some laughs. We all sat at 'geordie corner' in the nut and i think everyone thought we were all mad.(they could be right). Turns out they live not far from us so we will definately be friends for life. They left a week before us and geordie corner was a bit quieter, not much but a little bit. On our last night hannah gave us a shot and said it was from jill. She'd sent a message to her and said pay in may next year! Yammas jill.i'll  Only in arillas could you do that!
A funny momemt of our own: we walked down to the pier the other afternoon. Tony decided to sit down for five minutes so i went to join him. I miss judged the height of the step and fell over, i did a few steps backwards and side ways and landed on my back on that little red boat that sits on the left of the pier you can see in dimitris latest beach picture. The boat tipped over and i was covered in dirty sea water and sand. The people lying beside just looked up and gave me a funny. Honest i'd only had a bottle of water. When i see that boat now it'll always be 'my boat'.
Met a few other arilliacs this time, neil, riggers, john and dot, colin w, lisa and lisa and of course dimitri. Roll on next year when we'll go and do it all again. Good times had once again x

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 11:44:55 AM »
Glad you had a good time - but how could you not? I had my first meal at Brouklis as always in August this year.....and imagine my surprise when Dimitris gave me my first retsina and said "That's from Phil", who had paid for it bless him. As you say, only in Arillas.
Sandy x

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 11:56:19 AM »
Glenda wish I had been there with my camera, that would have been 1 for the album.  I wouldn't have laughed honest ha ha.
What you forgot to tell everyone is that you have booked up for Albania next year to avoid us.

Jill X
Jill XXX

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2009, 01:16:44 PM »
TonynGlenda you sum it all up. Wish we had been in Geordie Corner with yous and Mick and Jill. Many more sides would have split! They are such honest to goodness lovely people, and son Calum thrashes our Eggy at darts - that has to be a bonus!

Ha ha Jill. I thought it was me they all rushed off to Albania to avoid!!

And Sandy dearest, I had planned for it to be a big bottle - you know - a whole litre. It wasn't until I saw your picture of the day with Michelle that I realised Dimitris sells little ones. Oh well, I'll top it up next time

Phil

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2009, 03:01:51 PM »
Phil ove you more and more ha ha Calum is our Grandson but I don't mind you making that mistake.

Jill XXXXXXXXXX
Jill XXX

Offline Paul and Nise

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2009, 05:35:49 PM »
Tonynglenda,
we were among the onlookers and it seemed to happen in slowmotion!! pleased you didn't hurt yourself - could have been nasty. we were sat on beach near horizon, but no camera to hand.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2009, 06:25:35 PM »
Paul and Nise dears, only 3 posts so far. Just join us and say your thing.

We have never met Tony or Glenda in the flesh, but the same applies to viv and Pete, Lynn and Colin and many, many others. But we all know each other better than "real" friends do.

That is the point of our forum. Yes, windbag Phil has posted over 2000 times, but it is my love of Arillas and ALL of its people (including us tourists) that motivates me.

JustJoinIn!!!

Phil

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2009, 06:29:32 PM »
Hi Paul & Nise I would have paid for a photo of that, thats what happens when you spend most the night in the Nut.
Jill XXX

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2009, 07:19:28 PM »
As you know Jill dearest, Jen and me can confirm that. It's when they bring you breakfast you know you have overdone it. We have left the Nut many times when the rest of Arillas is just waking up. Our erja can tesitfy on our behalf, and MaryH and...

Oh well, I'll just go and have a swim in the gorgeous warm sea, and sit and dry off on my bench outside Thalassa watching yet another sunset, then eat Roula's sofrito in Brouklis....

I can dream, can't I?

Phil

Offline tonynglenda

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2009, 09:08:27 PM »
Paul and nise i'm pleased you didn't have a camera, i couldn't stop laughing though and didn't think i'd hurt myself but i now have a bruise on my bum. No quips please jill!!
Steve and lisa i apologise. in my post i put lisa and lisa. Sorry steve you are a bit of a big guy to be called lisa.

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2009, 11:26:20 AM »
Ah yes Phil that 1st night we got there and first met you and Jenny face to face and we stayed in the Nut till the sun was about to rise
What a special memory

Love
Mary :)

Booking.com