Author Topic: What to expect (newcomers)  (Read 1919 times)

Offline Arillasrep

What to expect (newcomers)
« on: October 17, 2009, 03:25:20 PM »
On arrival looking around there doesn't seem like a lot to do and it's pretty quiet. A few supermarkets, tavernas, bars, hotels and a bakery. It's very green and the beach is beautiful. After a day of settling in and strolling around at a relaxed pace you will find you have already made friends here, the locals can't do enough for you and everyone is on a first name basis. You'll find british people that live out here and theres ALWAYS someone to talk to. Life is so relaxed and before you know it your worries have washed away. You'll meet so many people who come back here year after year and they're all worth getting to know because you'll make great holiday friends! Great memory of this summer for me was being in the pool with the guests about 10 of us all standing in a circle having a chat about life! for souvenirs you'll find a few small shops and again these people can't do enough for you. Go in every bar and every taverna. get on the beach or chill out in the lush floating pool just opposite the beach. Local bus is not fantastic so don't rely on this (2 a day) .or explore on your own steam, it's a relaxed pace resort, it's your hol so you make it! Accomodations are usually quite basic and unless it says it in the brochure you can guarantee it won't be in your room so DO YOUR RESEARCH!!! More often that not you will have to pay for air conditioning if its in the brochure, its normal not to have something on the wall to hold up the shower, a lot of the accomodations are old fashioned but thats whats so charming about them! The great part about the holidaymakers here is that they want a bit of culture, they want to make friends and they want to relax and enjoy the atmosphere, the hardest thing you'll find is a bad meal because all of the tavernas are fantastic! come here expecting to relax, eat, drink, sunbathe, meet great people and forget all your worries. I've loved my summer in Arillas and all the absolutely wonderful people I've met.

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: What to expect (newcomers)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 03:30:35 PM »
And everyone on here agrees with every word.

Phil

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
Re: What to expect (newcomers)
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 07:42:10 PM »
Hi Amanda
Yes you have hit the nail on the head.
Every word is true, Places to eat and good food, people to meet and good company,
Chill on the beach or float in the pool, locals that are in every way available to help.
Arillas is the place where we find we can recover from the stress and strain of the rest of the world.
So glad you loved your summer in Arillas.
We were so pleased to meet you in July at the Marvel, and then again on our return in October at the Akti.
There was a bit of a crush at the airport so we were unable to say cheerio, only a wave was swapped between us.   
I hope we meet again in March when we are in Tunisia, Best wishes to you on that venture, Will keep a lookout for you.

Dot & John

Booking.com