Author Topic: Uploading pictures  (Read 2927 times)

Offline Mick and Jill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Uploading pictures
« on: October 20, 2009, 10:51:12 PM »
Hi this is really doing my head in as I still can't get my pictures on the forum even with Eileens help.  I have registered with photoshack and complete the following actions:
Upload file
Browse for picture, this takes me onto my pictures stored on pc
Chose picture and press ok
Noticy states upload complete
Click next and a message comes on screen - error 500, internal server error.
Can anyone help me with this.  Is it something I have done wrong when registering?
Any help would be appreciated
Jill XXX

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Uploading pictures
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 11:46:16 PM »
Hi Mick

Are you uploading one photo at a time or doing a multi-upload?

Try to reduce the size of photographs to about 100 kb.

Go to the Help on the Photobucket site or click here .....

http://photobucket.com/faq

Below is an example of a help page that could solve the problem - just go through the points made.

My images take a long time to upload or never upload at all!

There are many things that can affect your ability to successfully upload images into your Photobucket account. The following suggestions may help:

* Check the settings of your upload options before you begin an upload. If your images are being resized on upload, the upload process can take longer. For details on upload options, see the Upload: Upload Options section and the Setting Upload Options tutorial.
    * Clear your browser's cache. See How do I clear or delete my cache? for instructions.
    * Use another upload method. See the topic What are the options for uploading content for information.
    * Ensure there are no punctuation marks, symbols, or spaces in the name of the image you are trying to upload.
    * Make sure that the image file is one of the Photobucket supported types. See the topic What file types are supported? for a list.
    * Reboot your computer, your modem, and your router. These devices sometimes contain internal memory that needs to be flushed to allow you to successfully upload new content.
    * Make sure your account is not at the upper limit for disk space. If it is, you may not be able to upload any images until you delete some of the current images. There must be enough space in your account for the full image size of the new image. Log into your account and click the account options link to view your current usage.

For a complete list of things to check see "How do I fix?" Troubleshooting Checklist.

If you cannot resolve the situation, click the contact us button on this page, and provide additional information so that we can assist you. Be sure to include the exact steps you follow, any error messages you may see, and the operating system and Internet browser you are using.

Booking.com