Author Topic: AKTI HOTEL ARILLAS  (Read 12489 times)

Offline PRETTY IN PINK

AKTI HOTEL ARILLAS
« on: May 17, 2005, 07:21:06 PM »
Has anyone stayed at this hotel, and where- abouts is it situated. thanks

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Akti Arilla Hotel
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 07:34:35 PM »
Never stayed there, but it looks a very nice place and with its own Restaurant. Probably no more that 3/4 minutes to the beach with Tavernas and "free" pools also very near. Nice and flat, no hills to go up or down. It's quite close to the Malibu Bar so it's possible you may get some late night noise but don't take that as gospel. Others may know more.
Negg

Offline Samantha

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
AKTI HOTEL ARILLAS
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 07:41:45 PM »
Dimitris doesn't costos own this hotel?
Samantha McCoo  :-)

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
AKTI HOTEL ARILLAS
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 10:27:31 PM »
Hello P in P, :D

Here is the website for the Akti Arilla http://www.aktiarillahotel.gr/
and if you have any concerns about noise email them at the address provided on the website and they will put you in a room at the quieter end.

I'm sure you will have a great time, it is in a fab location within easy reach of everything. 8)

Eileenx

Offline PRETTY IN PINK

AKTI HOTEL ARILLAS
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 11:03:38 PM »
Thanks for the info all.

Offline rachelc

AKTI HOTEL ARILLAS
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 01:33:18 AM »
We are going to be staying here for the first 2 weeks in August and would love to find out a bit more about it before we go.

Offline John McColl

Akti Arilla/ Malibu and Coconut
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005, 11:38:02 PM »
We have just come back from our first visit to Arillas. It was a last minute deal and we had no expectations at all but we feel we have discovered somewhere really special.  It is a gem of a place, the people are lovely and we plan to go back, hopefully fairly soon.

However, we won't be staying at the Akti Arilla next time. The hotel is OK and the family which owns it very nice but, for us at least, the hotel is blighted by the extremely loud music from the Malibu and Coconut bars directly opposite.

These bars are just far too close to the hotel. In fact, we felt they were a bit out of place in Arillas. They never seemed very busy and there are plenty of other places in Corfu offering loud disco and karaoke till the early hours of the morning for those who want it.

Arillas is not Sidari. Am I being selfish by wanting it to stay that way?.

Offline Fiona

• Arillas Addict
AKTI HOTEL ARILLAS
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 12:01:35 AM »
Hi John

I am glad you enjoyed the special magic of Arillas, but sorry that you were disturbed by the loud music from the bars near the Akti Hotel.  I know a lot of people - both those holidaying in Arillas and those that live there - do enjoy a late night drink at either the Malibu or the Coconut so I guess there must be a call for it.  

On our first visit to Arillas last year (a last minute booking), we were offered a choice of the Atki or the Marvel Hotels.  Not knowing anything at all about Arillas, we chose the Marvel as it had a pool.  It is unusual for us to stay out later than midnight, but walking back to the Marvel after a meal out it did occur to me that (as a fairly young-at-heart 55 year old  8) ) it might be difficult to ignore the music if I had been staying at the Akti.  It would appear to be an ideal place to stay for anyone who enjoys late night drinking and music as they only have to cross the road  :lol:

Anyway, I'm delighted to hear that you will be returning to Arillas to sample more magic.

Fiona

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Akti
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 01:14:40 AM »
Tell it like it is John. That's what this forum is all about. I mentioned in an earlier reply there may be a problem with the noise. You have now confirmed it so other future guests at the Hotel, looking at the Forum, now know what to expect. I think though Arillas without the Malibu or Coconut would not be Arillas. Lose them and you possibly lose a lot of holidaying families with teenage children who can go somewhere safe in the evening to unwind. I agree with you that the Akti, a super looking place with friendly people, does not appeal to those looking for a peaceful evening in or an early night. Mind you, 20 years ago we would have been guests there and it would not have been a problem as we would have been opposite drinking in the bars till closing. Pleased your holiday was a good one.
Negg

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
AKTI HOTEL ARILLAS
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2005, 11:11:42 AM »
Hello John,

I'm glad Arillas has worked it's magic on you and that you plan to return.  Arillas is one of the few places that does manage to attract a mixed age group of visitors, in my opinion two bars are enough (in Arillas that is) for anyone wanting a late night drink...or into the early hours of the morning drink.( for those able enough to stay up until the wee sma' hours!)

A few nights a week Keith and I like to go into the Coconut bar to finish off our evening, but you are right in that the bars do seem to be quiet, in previous years they have been busier.  It would certainly be difficult for anyone considering opening another bar.

It is unfortunate that the bars are located opposite the Akti Arilla, but I do know that if requested you will be allocated rooms furthest away from the bars.  Not having stayed in this hotel I do not know if this would have made much of a difference, also first time visitors would not know about this problem to ask for 'far away' rooms in the first place. :?

Arillas is not Sidari, you are quite right in what you say and definitely not selfish in that you don't want it to become like it, I'm quite sure it will not be allowed to either.

Many more happy holidays in Arillas.

Eileenx

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
AKTI HOTEL ARILLAS
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 02:44:42 PM »
Glad you enjoyed your holiday.  The first time we visited Arillas it was a last minute bargain and the accommodation was allocated on arrival.  We couldn't believe it when we arrived at Hotel Marina.  That was it we were hooked and now go twice a year now staying with Spiro at Portofino.

I have to admit that the holiday wouldn't be the same without going to Coconut Bar and chatting with Kostas, Perry and Hannah until the early hours.  At home we never go out and I like to let my hair down on holiday and have to admit we have stayed there till 7am before  :lol: .  I do understand where your coming from regarding the noise though especially if your trying to sleep.  

Although we have been going for a number of years I have never seen anyone staying at the hotel you stayed at.  This could be because we go at the start and the end of the season.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline John McColl

Akti Arilla
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2005, 05:59:39 PM »
Thanks everyone for all the feedback on my comments about the Akti Arilla and the noise from the bars. It's great that there are so many people out there who obviously care so much about this little town in a quiet corner of Corfu.

Just to be clear, I have no problem at all with loud music and late bars in general. However, I felt is was important to point out that if you stay at this hotel you will not be able to avoid the noise and will have no choice in the matter. I just think they are in the wrong place.

The people who are worst affected by this of course are the hotel owners and I am sure this issue is damaging their business. As I said before, they are a very nice family. Certainly, many of the local people we spoke to on holiday were aware of the problem.

Thanks again.

John

Offline PRETTY IN PINK

AKTI HOTEL ARILLAS
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2005, 08:13:55 PM »
Hi People,
We have just had a great two weeks staying at this hotel. The music etc did go on until about 1am in the morning , but we usually ended up in their at the end of the night and so didnt really mind it.I would recommend that if you have children or are not the sort to stay out to late to book somewhere away from this hotel. If you do like it lively the hotel is friendly clean and highly recommended.

Offline rachelc

AKTI HOTEL ARILLAS
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2005, 11:12:40 PM »
Got home on Saturday morning and wish I was still there  :(
We stayed at this hotel and it was our first visit to Arillas.  We had rooms on the ground floor directly opposite Malibu, and were not kept awake at all at night.  This may be because we had air conditioning and were able to close the door and shutter at night.
This was the best hotel we have ever stayed in thanks to the overwhelming friendliness of the family who own the hotel.

Booking.com